Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 161 to 180 of 5,747

kyleforrester87

I've played and completed 12 games so far this year, 0 platinums though

Edit: actually 10, almost 12. Going for 24 in 2017. Destiny 2 might slow that one down.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

vegeta11

@themcnoisy I shoot for 12 platinum trophies a year. That has been my goal for the last three years (2017 included). In 2015 I got it and 2016 I only got 7. Currently I'm at 5 through today with the possibility of picking up #6 by the end of the weekend.

Edited on by vegeta11

vegeta11

PSN: vegeta11

themcnoisy

@vegeta11 I just bought batman the telltale game to give me a chance lol. 12 a years too many for me. If I start a big rpg them that's 6-8 weeks blown away, 7 a year I think is a good target!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Ralizah

I'm trying to get the platinum trophy for Velocity 2X, but, good god, those last ten or so levels are rough customers. The sheer perfect timing you need to have with some of these levels is insane!

Not the worst thing in the world for normal levels, but the ones where you're controlling two ships simultaneously are really throwing me off.

Maybe I should see if these last few levels are easier to play with the DS4...

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

johncalmc

Got the platinum in Odin Sphere on PS4. Then I played Dark Souls II but I'm not getting the platinum in that because I can't be bothered to beat the game like four times or whatever it takes. Now I'm playing Mirror's Edge Catalyst and I'm not going to bother platinuming that either I don't think. Probably too tricky for my old thumbs.

johncalmc

Twitter:

themcnoisy

@Ralizah I hate that point in games, the frustration and playing past the point of the game being fun.

@booshy89 how many you on altogether Booshy?

Splat

Plat #44

The Walking Dead: A New Frontier

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

Ralizah

@themcnoisy I guess the pain is part of the experience. One reason I was so happy about platting Velocity Ultra was because of how brutally difficult it got in later levels. Same sort of thing here, although I HATE HATE HATE this thing where you control two ships at once with a passion.

The other 95% of the game is great, though, even if I prefer the relative simplicity of Velocity Ultra.

Edited on by Ralizah

themcnoisy

@booshy89 wow that's crazy 😜

@Splat That's one tough platinum lol

@Ralizah I have Velocity it was my first free psplus game on Vita! But only finished 2 or 3 levels.

Splat

themcnoisy wrote:

That's one tough platinum lol

It is when the game crashes on you... TT update your game engine already.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

Ralizah

@themcnoisy The Velocity games are fantastic schmups. The focus on tight, demanding game design is fantastic, and it's so easy to quickly restart a level that it's easy for a single attempt at a hard level to become an hour long obsession with getting a perfect score by killing and collecting everything under the time limit.

Granted, I perfected the first 35 or so levels of the game fairly easily, but that last bunch can get rough!

Perfect game for the Vita, as level attempts usually don't last for more than a few minutes at most. The hardest ones expect you to do a perfect run in under a minute.

@Splat Good god, I remember getting the platinum for Corpse Party: Blood Drive. The game was designed so poorly that it constantly crashed in the last chapter, making the platinum run... a good test of one's patience, to say the least.

Edited on by Ralizah

vegeta11

Just picked up Plat #6 for the year & #39 overall last night when I platted Skylanders Imaginators. Now time to go back to work on finishing Darksiders Warmastered and continuing the work on Injustice 2.

vegeta11

Th3solution

I'm at PSN level 16 now with 6 platinums. 3 this year — Tales of the Borderlands, Life is Strange, and The Order 1886. Don't judge! I know they are all easy ones!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

WanderingBullet

Platinumed For Honor.

This game had quite a few bugged trophies which prevented me from getting Platinum sooner.

Huntin' monsters erryday.

vegeta11

Over the weekend I finished off the quick but fun adventure that was The Day of the Tentacle. Plat #7 for the year and #40 overall. Need 5 more to hit yearly goal of 12.

vegeta11

Tasuki

Trophy number 600!!

Got it in The Crew and couldn't be happier as it's a refrences to one of my favorite movies of all time Back to the Future.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

themcnoisy

The trophies for Dive Kick are dead because no one is online.

Kidfried

@booshy89 No way I'll ever achieve that, congrats!

I just got my sixteenth platinum, being Parappa The Rapper; a short, though sometimes very frustrating plat.

Kidfried

DerMeister

Just got the platinum for Crash 1. Never doing the time trials in that game again.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

DerMeister

@KratosMD @booshy89 Thanks guys. Definitely felt good after getting it.

I also nabbed Crash 2's platinum last night. Been playing it concurrently with 1. I'll take a small break from Crash though. Warped requires relics for 100%, and I'm kinda burnt out on time trials.

Good luck to you guys!

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic