Forums

Topic: The trophy discussion thread.

Posts 201 to 220 of 222

vegeta11

Over the weekend I finished off the quick but fun adventure that was The Day of the Tentacle. Plat #7 for the year and #40 overall. Need 5 more to hit yearly goal of 12.

vegeta11

PSN: vegeta11

Tasuki

Trophy number 600!!

Got it in The Crew and couldn't be happier as it's a refrences to one of my favorite movies of all time Back to the Future.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

themcnoisy

The trophies for Dive Kick are dead because no one is online.

Forum Multiplat BGoAT coming February 2018
Forums Nintendo BGoAT 2017 - Super Mario Bros 3, Zelda Ocarina of Time, Super Mario Galaxy.
Forums Playstation BGoAT 2016 - Uncharted 2, The Last Of Us, Witcher 3.
Forums Multiplat BGoAT 2015 - Final Fantasy 7, Zelda Ocarina of Time, Metal Gear Solid.

PSN: mc_noisy

booshy89

@Th3solution All easy, but all good too! ?I really enjoyed all three of them - and they're all in my profile too!

Picked up a couple of platinums recently in The Little Acre and Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate.
Both good games in my book. The Little Acre was good fun, not too tricky and highly amusing in places.
It would have been very easy for the Batman platinum to have been very repetitive (3 play-throughs required) but the story was quite short so actually it wasn't too bad at all.

http://psnprofiles.com/booshy_89

PSN: booshy_89 | Twitter:

booshy89

Platinum 58 (18 for the year so far) is Resogun on Vita.

Bloody marvelous game that I've done on PS4 aswell, it's gorgeous and so addictive. In going for some of the trophies I've definitely suffered from "One More Try" syndrome!

Kidfried

@booshy89 No way I'll ever achieve that, congrats!

I just got my sixteenth platinum, being Parappa The Rapper; a short, though sometimes very frustrating plat.

Kidfried

PSN: A..nneJanSikkema

KratosMD

So I came to realise that I absolutely love collecting trophies now just for the sake of increasing my trophy level, because it suits my play style. I don't want to play one game the whole time just to get all the trophies in it and I certainly don't want to play a game that has a lot of tedious trophies just to get a Platinum trophy. What I do like however is just playing more and more games and getting virtual rewards for just doing anything in the games as I'm progressing through its story. The trophy level encourages me to play more games and try to get trophies whenever I can as long as I don't have to go out of my way to get them (or if I don't find them fun to get). And that makes the experience much more fun for me rather than strictly collecting trophies just for the sake of it.

KratosMD

DerMeister

Just got the platinum for Crash 1. Never doing the time trials in that game again.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

KratosMD

@DerMeister Nice work mate, that's truly a hard one. I did the first time trial and I'm never touching that mode ever again. Kudos to you for actually sticking it out! If there's one Platinum trophy to be proud of, then it's the one for Crash 1, no doubt about it.

KratosMD

booshy89

@DerMeister Just the coloured gems are putting me off this one at the moment already! Not even considered the relics yet so well done!

On to Crash 2 next?

DerMeister

@KratosMD @booshy89 Thanks guys. Definitely felt good after getting it.

I also nabbed Crash 2's platinum last night. Been playing it concurrently with 1. I'll take a small break from Crash though. Warped requires relics for 100%, and I'm kinda burnt out on time trials.

Good luck to you guys!

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Kidfried

What trophy are you most proud of? Today I earned the platinum for The Witness. Didn't expect to be skilled enough for the challenge, but somehow I made it. Very happy 'bout it!

Now only to make sense of the reward...

Kidfried

PSN: A..nneJanSikkema

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Kidfried Hmmm probably my Bloodborne platinum. I didn't struggle too much with the main game- unlike Nioh which was brutal, but the defiled chalice dungeon kicked my arse.
50% health. Damage output,received & health recovery scaled down, but elemental damage stayed the same. Meant that bosses could one shot the player.
The 3 bosses took me almost 10 days to beat. More than once did I think about just quitting the game.

After that it was plain sailing to the platinum.

Fight_Teza_Fight

booshy89

Bit late for anyone that fancies it, but I'm going to have a go at this -
https://www.truetrophies.com/event/Alphabet-Challenge
Planned out my trophies and actually don't think it should be too bad.

@Kidfried I'm finding this a really difficult question - there's a fair bit I'm very pleased I've managed to get but I don't think any I've got at the moment feel like they were feats I'm proud of. There's some I'd love and would be proud, but they're pretty unlikely.
Olli Olli 2, Overwatch, Rogue Legacy or Persona 4 to name a few.
Oh, and Ni No Kuni.

Edited on by booshy89

Rudy_Manchego

@Fight_Teza_Fight I am playing Bloodborne now and nearing the end but I have found the bosses pretty punishing. Not sure I can face the chalice dungeons as well given how tough some of the bosses are there and go for the platinum. I might go back someday maybe!

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Rudy_Manchego It's definitely punishing. The chalice dungeons start of very easy & get progressively harder. I imagine you'd clear most of them in a day if you are nearing the end.
The floor that I was stuck on had special conditions, but most are straight forward. I highly recommend giving them a go.

You could also always grind some levels & cheese it. This is a JRPG after all .

Fight_Teza_Fight

kyleforrester87

Eh, Driveclub Bikes is probably the one I'm most proud of. I only have 3!! Not much of a trophy hunter haha.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

ztpayne7

Wow. I'm so excited! Just got the plat for Rogue Legacy and that's probably the toughest and rarest plat I've gotten (only 0.8% have gotten it)! That thanatopia trophy...geez. And I didn't think I could beat the remix bosses but I finally did it.

ztpayne7

booshy89

@ztpayne7 Jeeeez - fair play! I really enjoyed the game, but found it really tricky - even when I'd spent loads of gold powering up.

Got any tips?

Edited on by booshy89

ztpayne7

@booshy89 practice and patience. I felt like I'd never platinum it until somewhere in my new game plus run. I tried the remix bosses and I just couldn't beat them. And then finally it just started clicking and I beat them all in one day.

Also, playing new game + really helps for thanatopia. Because you are used to outlandish enemies and traps. By the time you start over, you are much weaker, but so is everyone else and you have figured out the patterns. The bosses were much easier after practice and practice against the remix bosses. Except Herodotus. That was a pain but I figured out I needed to be more patient. Almost lost thanatopia on the final boss.

ztpayne7

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic