Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 201 to 220 of 5,748

Th3solution

@Kidfried Ok, I may try again. I keep hearing the love for this game, so I can't imagine its a bad game, but other games are tempting me away from it. I'll put it in the rotation.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

WanderingBullet

Just completed Telltale's Game of Thrones (my first Telltale game) and I'm really surprised with amount of silver trophies it had considering how easy they were to obtain. It had 12 silver trophies, most triple A games tend to only have a quarter of that.

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Th3solution

@WanderingBullet yes, Telltale games are a gold mine for trophies.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@WanderingBullet All the Telltale games I've played have automatic trophies for just completing the game, with several silvers and a few golds depending on the chapter, and then a platinum at the end (except TWD season 2 has no plat for some reason). It doesn't matter what choices you make, you still get the platinum.
(Tales from the Borderlands is one of their better games, imo, pretty good humor and story if you have an inkling of the Borderlands world and style. If I had to rate the ones I've played, The Wolf Among Us and the first Walking Dead are probably the top tier, with Batman and TotB being right behind. I haven't played them all though. They are a nice diversion every now and then to mix in between trudging through expansive open world rpg's that last hundreds of hours, especially if you want to get some quick and easy trophies and not have to think while you play for a while.)

ArkhamKnerd

I've only been playing on Playstation since December but I hit a little milestone of 300 trophies just now haha. 2P 5G 28S 265B. I'm sure many of you have thousands of trophies. To be fair my Xbox gamerscore is 65,000 something though. 😏

ArkhamKnerd

PSN: ArkhamKnerd

Tasuki

@ArkhamKnerd I only have 500 something trophies and I have owned my PS4 since launch. I didn't own a PS3 last gen and then again I am not big into trophies anyway, if I get them cool, if not cool too.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

kyleforrester87

I've got about 2500, had a PS3 since 2008 but I don't really collect them, unless I love the game. Only 3 of those are platinums. But i do like getting them naturally.

Just hit level 17 yesterday

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

ArkhamKnerd

@kyleforrester87 What exactly does the level mean or do? I'm not one to try and get every achievement or trophy (especially if they're really tedious or just plain hard to get) but I do look at the ones that are easy enough to go for. Today I was doing stuff on Lost Legacy for so many headshots in a row and blowing up a certain amount of enemies with one explosion. At least those are fun to attempt. 😉

ArkhamKnerd

PSN: ArkhamKnerd

Nei

WanderingBullet wrote:

Just completed Telltale's Game of Thrones (my first Telltale game) and I'm really surprised with amount of silver trophies it had considering how easy they were to obtain. It had 12 silver trophies, most triple A games tend to only have a quarter of that.

And I get no platinum for perfecting those maniacal blue sphere stages in Sonic Mania, huh!

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

WanderingBullet

@Feena Yeah, there doesn't seem to be any guidelines when it comes to how trophies should be ranked.lol

@Tasuki Nice, I still haven't played it, though.

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Fight_Teza_Fight

Just got trophy number 3000 and 3001 on the final story mission of Disgaea 5. Annoyingly enough number 3000 was one of those cumulative trophies that just popped and 3001 actually ended up being the trophy for beating the game. Hit the milestone in just 2 1/2 years. Don't know if I should be impressed or disgusted in myself. The hours I spent gaming...

Oh well. Might try for a platinum for trophy 4000. Could always keep a TellTale game unfinished in my back pocket .

I hope Sony introduce a trophy reward system one day. A small PSN store discount relative to trophy level could be a nice way to retain consumers and have them playing on your platform.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Fight_Teza_Fight

@kyleforrester87 Haha true. I still have Infamous SS (retail) in my ever growing back log. I do wonder what percentage of gamers brand loyalty applies to. I've always been a PlayStation guy, as MS have never appealed to me (Nintendo for the secondary system), but a bunch of people I know have flip flopped between systems over the years.

The exclusives are great, but they don't attract the mass market (bar Uncharted, GoW, GT). I think they need to offer more to retain players, especially as consoles are becoming almost identical and PS starts losing some of the third party exclusives (Ni no kuni 2, Nier Automata, KH3...).

A loyalty reward system might be a good start.
Just a thought, but I'm not sure if Sony would eat into their own profits for 'loyalty'.
Then again it might drive digital sales and increase third party sales.

It's never gonna happen, is it?

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

kyleforrester87

@Fight_Teza_Fight Hmmm on the one hand a loyalty system would be nice, on the other I think it's important that the quality of the games on the systems does the talking.

On the subject of loyalty I'm conflicted. Sometimes I think I game primarily on PS because each generation they've had the best system - most arguable last gen, granted. Other times I wonder if it's because I'm a blinkered fanboy!

I have owned a bunch of other systems though. Nothing I'll lose sleep over at the end of the day

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Fight_Teza_Fight

@kyleforrester87 I've had that thought before! Just looking at my physical games library, the exclusives easily outweigh the multiplats. I'd like to think I'm just a fan of Japanese games, rather than a Sony fanboy, but may be I've just been lying to myself...

Then again I did buy a Wii just to play Smash.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.

Th3solution

@Fight_Teza_Fight @kyleforrester87
"It takes courage to endure the sharp pains of self discovery rather than choose to take the dull pain of unconsciousness that would last the rest of our lives." — Marianne Williamson

Welcome to Sony fanboys anonymous. You've just gone through Step One, Self discovery and acceptance.

(I like the idea of trophies translating into PSN store discounts, by the way. Pure genius.)

Edited on by Th3solution

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic