Forums

Topic: PS4pro | OT

Posts 121 to 140 of 203

kyleforrester87

@themcnoisy: he didn't to be fair (or maybe he did?) but the devs have said this themselves. I'm still inclined to give them benefit of the doubt as 2/3 games played had obvious improvements. I'm just bummed that Skyrim has issues. But ya know.. Bethesda.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

BAMozzy

I feel at the moment most of the patches are rushed knowing they had little time to meet the release date whilst wotking on finishing up the game for multiple releases. Tomb Raider though was a game already developed and Crystal Dynamix had time to consider the options. As a result you have a number of modes and options.

Even the Last of Us feels a bit of a rushed patch - especially the 60fps option as the 4k/30 works perfectly - no frame rate drop. Naughty Dog were also working on U4 and any additional content too - probably for the upcoming PSX. Infamous is another game that I believe works well but Suckerpunch may well have less pressure on them as they don't appear to be working towards a deadline for their next project.

Most of those that are 'underwhelming' are those that seem rushed out to meet a tight deadline (PS4 Pro's release) and whilst the developers haven't long released a game that no-doubt is still being worked on in some capacity. I can see some of these being tweaked in time but I also expect that 2017's releases onwards will be more appropriate. I bet most of the developers haven't had much time with the Pro, much experience of the checkerboard rendering etc so, like with new consoles, we will see improvement and choice to what the developers will offer with 'Pro' enhancements.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Splat

BAMozzy wrote:

I can see some of these being tweaked in time but I also expect that 2017's releases onwards will be more appropriate. I bet most of the developers haven't had much time with the Pro, much experience of the checkerboard rendering etc so, like with new consoles, we will see improvement and choice to what the developers will offer with 'Pro' enhancements.

Agreed. I think 2017 is when the Pro will start to shine. I think games like Mass Effect and Horizon Zero Dawn are going to take full advantage of what the Pro has to offer.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

WanderingBullet

How does data transfer from the regular PS4 to the Pro work if you have multiple PSN accounts?

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Splat

WanderingBullet wrote:

How does data transfer from the regular PS4 to the Pro work if you have multiple PSN accounts?

It asks you which accounts you want to transfer over. You can transfer them all or just the ones you want.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

themcnoisy

Great news on the Pro front here but only available until Thursday @get2sammyb you may want to know this.

At GAME today I asked about the trade in of my old PS4 and asked about backing up my hdd. You can take the pro - copy your data over at home - then return your old ps4 with 5 games the day after for £175 reimbursement. Downside is you need £350 upfront - upside is you get to swap your stuff over ethernet. How good is that?

Bad news personally, my wife's got me the new pad with lower latency and hdd for my ps4 for Xmas so I've promised not to buy a pro just yet. I was a bit bummed out but she told me in Game when I posed the question.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

WanderingBullet

@Splat: Good to know its that simple, thanks. Thought the process would require you to sign into each different account to transfer the data.

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Mega-Gazz

Anyone have issues entering rest mode since getting their pro? 3 times now after extended gaming sessions my Pro has beeped three times trying to enter rest mode and then was non responsive (had to hold the power to force it off). I've tried reinstalling the 4.05 firmware, and just now rebuilt the database (don't know yet if that helped).

I did put in my old 2TB hdd from my original PS4, but that shouldn't be a problem.

Edited on by Mega-Gazz

Mega-Gazz

Mega-Gazz

Sad Panda . I did a full reformat of the drive (safe mode->initialize w/ reinstall system software) and still get the problem, but it only happens after I've been playing a while (so far, that's been DOOM). Playing for 5 minutes doesn't do it. Grrr.

Mega-Gazz

Mega-Gazz

Brought it back to the store, replaced for a new one.... hopefully this one's not a lemon

Mega-Gazz

ranjas

my final review.. this is a worldwide scam to sell 4k tvs... they upscaled games instead of focus on 60fps , the current generation is weak since the start , and still is with ps4 pro , since im a playstation fan i will wait for patchs to prove me wrong

ranjas

themcnoisy

@ranjas: this is a worldwide scam to sell 4k tvs.

Maybe, but 4k TVs will be THE gaming format over the next 5 years. Of course they want to sell TVs, the companies sell you some solidified oil, silicone and heated sand with negligible moving parts. Its obviously a total rip to begin with but the prices will drop and the tech will become more popular - $1000 for the pro plus a future proof hdr 4k tv isn't a bad deal, and that's available right now.

I'm a miser when it comes to new stuff, but fortunately the difference with 1080p vs 4k HDR is night and day.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

BAMozzy

At last! My 2TB HDD finally arrived today and have swapped over, transferred all my PS4 content via LAN and now installing CoD:IW/MWr. Installed Titanfall 2 but forgot to back up my game saves that were on the Pro so lost all the Campaign progress. Is there anyway I can retrieve it - like buying a USB and transferring that way? Anyone know?

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Mega-Gazz

@BAMozzy: you could swap the HDD back if you didn't format it, back up the save and swap back?

Mega-Gazz

BAMozzy

@Mega-Gazz: Whilst that is still an option, I don't know if I can be bothered to go though the whole procedure of swapping HDD's, backing it up the the cloud, and then swapping them back again - especially not if I can transfer it easily from a caddy/usb

Mega-Gazz

You can upload that one save to the cloud or a USB stick instead of the whole machine.

Edited on by Mega-Gazz

Mega-Gazz

BAMozzy

@Mega-Gazz: All I need to do is transfer my game save so if I can access that via the old HDD in a caddy, that would be a lot easier. Might be worth trying that first. If not I may have to swap HDD's...

Mega-Gazz

Okay, this is messed up.... Returned my previous system, brand new PS4 Pro installed, set up, and ran into same problem - occurs after playing DOOM for like 1.5 hours, then trying to shut down the system. I get the 3 beeps and it doesn't respond to being turned back on.

does anyone else have DOOM and a ps4 pro? Before I return a second system I'd like to know if someone else can reproduce the problem.

Edit: one other reference here if you look at ROCKINGRICK's reply, though the other replies may be different.

Edited on by Mega-Gazz

Mega-Gazz

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.