Forums

Topic: PS4 recommendation thread

Posts 221 to 240 of 2,111

SPGFan34

I would like to recommend Mafia 2 (as it is my favourite game of all time and the new one does look good too), Grow Home, the first Watch Dogs and the recent Need For Speed game.

https://www.gofundme.com/30-hour-broadcast-for-red-nose-day

SPGFan34

Which game do you think i should buy?

• Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition
  • Saints Row IV Re-Elected & Gat Out Of Hell
  • DOOM (Wait till the price goes down)

https://www.gofundme.com/30-hour-broadcast-for-red-nose-day

banacheck

@DestinationPs:

Dark Souls games don't do there story like other game's, you find out it's lore through playing the game. By playing Dark souls 2 first when you come to play Dark souls 3 you'll have a nice few surprises, there is a lot to do & find with it's secrets. Dark souls is a very deep game with loads of weapons, armour, magic, pyromancies & rings etc & more, so if you like deep RPG's that you can spend hundreds of hours in Dark souls is your game. I would definitely start with two & then play three but that's up to you, i take it you've not got a PS3 for Dark souls & Demon Souls.

banacheck

banacheck

@SPGFan34:

Doom is definitely the best out of them three so I would get that first, then Darksiders II which is a very game, then ◾Saints Row IV Re-Elected & Gat Out Of Hell.

But remember Saints Row Gat Out Of Hell is one of the PlayStation Plus games this month.

banacheck

Tasuki

I can only give advice on Far Cry Primal as that is the only one on PS4 that I really played. I played 4 a bit but didn't enjoy it a whole lot.

Primal is good but there isn't much to it story wise. There is alot to explore, and do. Basically you play a leader of a tribe of and the whole point is to gather people into your tribe, the more people you have the more stuff you unlock like weapons, and the ability to tame animals etc. That's all there is to it. However you are free to do it at your own pace you can explore and recruit as much or as little as you want before finishing the game.

Now in my opinion I had a blast with it, I truly felt like I was playing an open world game free to do what I want when I wanted. However if you like a more story drive game then this is not for you, but if you like exploring and taking a character and building him up as well as his gear like me then you will enjoy it.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

DestinationPs

@banacheck:
Thanks for explaining but actually I picked up Dark souls II and after giving it a lot of time and patience I came to the conclusion that it's not for me. I can still see that it's a great and deep game with a fantastic atmosphere. I just don't have the time nor patience to die over and over and get weaker by every death. I did make progress though but I still found it too frustrating.

Edited on by DestinationPs

DestinationPs

Kidfried

@scubydo Far Cry 4 is a steal at the $20 it is right now. A lot of content and it's a great introduction to the series. Haven't played Primal yet, so I can't help you on that one.

Kidfried

Pokefanmum82

My hubby found a game that he wants for our new PS4. It has Pennywise from It and a bunch of other horror movie characters in it. the only one I can find is Mortal Kombat XL which has Jason Vorhees, etc. Is there another game that has these characters?

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

themcnoisy

@Pokefanmum82: Until Dawn is a must for you guys. Go buy that.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Pokefanmum82

he said he heard about it in the store. He said it had the guy from Saw and Pennywise. It was under what's new one day and then gone the next.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.

Pokefanmum82

i don't think so. It was the PSN Cdn store on the playstation. I don't know what it is but I can't find it either. I think it might have been Mortal Kombat XL. He decided he wants that one anyways (MK). Thanks for your help guys.

Edited on by Pokefanmum82

Finished the Alola Dex.

Peterdavid123

Please don't mislead other users here. Until Dawn doesn't included any movie characters in it. Thanks for understanding -Tasuki-

Edited on by Tasuki

PlayStation4Life

belmont

Sometime ago I bought Firewatch and I enjoyed it. I liked the narration, the plot and the exploration. Then I played Gone Home as a free plus games and I also liked the way the story moved, even though it was somewhat different than Firewatch.

Some days ago I bought Oxenfree since it had some plus discount and it got good reviews. I liked it very much and I played it multiple times to see more endings and get all the trophies.

I tried searching for similar games and found some but if someone can recommend a game like those (good story with somewhat more serious theme and plot) I would like to check it out...

belmont

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic