Forums

Topic: PS4 recommendation thread

Posts 201 to 220 of 2,111

Churchy

@scubydo: As other people have said. The Witcher 3 and Dragon Age Inquisiton should be your first stops for RPGs. Nobunagas Ambition and Invisible Inc. are great strategy games as well.

Also, it depends if you're up for a challenge, but Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 are fantastic action-RPGs.

There was a game idea here. It's gone now.

Twitter:

AndyD

@kyleforrester87: thanks! Appreciate the recommendations. I was looking at Divinity the other day. I will put that on my "wish" list. Right now I am looking at the upcoming Doom and Uncharted 4. Gonna play through the trilogy set first though, but still get 4.

Also, this is not a game, but for the PS4, what would you all recommend as a decent but cheaper headphones for playing? Preferably wireless. I have looked at several, but they all seem to have their pros and cons.

Edited on by AndyD

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

PSN: devine1981

AndyD

Is there a what to play thread? Sorry, I didn't find one first, but being a recommendation thread...I can't decide which to play through now...LOL Bloodborne, Dark Souls 2, or Fallout 4?????? I know they are all good...oh the decisions in life!!!!

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog

AndyD

Are there any PSN store games that you all would recommend as must haves? I know there are a lot of good games strictly on the PSN store, such as Alienation, which I have on my wish list. I was just wondering if there were any other must have downloads, since there are so many on there. Being newer to the PS4, I am just trying to build up my wish/want list so I can have something to work with.

Also, I have my eye on Mirrors Edge Catalyst. Any thoughts on this one? The game concept seems very intriguing.

Edited on by AndyD

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog

Hego

@scubydo: Stuff like Don't Starve, Terraria, Banner Saga, Shovel Knight, Rocket League are all worth a download. Also stuff like Spelunky, Olli Olli 2, Binding of Isaac, Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Rogue Legacy are worth keeping an eye on in sales. Oh also This War of Mine

Hego

PSN: Duke-of-Styria

kyleforrester87

@scubydo: Axiom Verge and Fez are absolute most owns in my opinion. Add to that The Swapper, Transistor and Valiant Hearts to get my top 5 downloadable games on PS4

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

JaxonH

My top PS4 recommendations

New Games
Dragon Age Inquisition
Dark Souls 3
Uncharted 4
Infamous Second Son
The Witcher 3
Divinity Original Sin

Remasters/Ports
Darksiders 2
The Last of Us
Borderlands Handsome Collection
Gravity Rush Remastered
Dishonored Definitive Edition
Final Fantasy X
Tomb Raider Definitive Edition

Digital/Indies
Bastion
Transistor
Final Fantasy VII
Salt & Sanctuary
Geometry Wars 3
Stealth Inc 1 and 2

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

PSN: jaxonholden

AndyD

@JaxonH My top PS4 recommendations

New Games
Dragon Age Inquisition
Infamous Second Son
The Witcher 3

Remasters/Ports
Darksiders 2
Gravity Rush Remastered
Dishonored Definitive Edition

Well thank you for that list!! I left the ones that I needed in the list, and put them in my want list on my GS app. Dragon Age and Witcher 3 are probably my next two I will grab. Still filling out my collection...while playing through Dark Souls 2 and Uncharted trilogy.

I tried adding you, but it kept timing out on my PS app on my phone.

Edited on by AndyD

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog

WebHead

Anyone recommend Valkyrie Chronicles for a newbie at SRPGs? Or anything in the $20-40 range?

WebHead

PSN: JTPrime93

XurAgentofthe9

@scubydo

All the games in your shortened version from JaxonH are really good. I would also say Diablo III is worth a look.

XurAgentofthe9

XurAgentofthe9

@scubydo Dark Souls 2 eh! I tried Demon's Souls when it came out, but didn't even get past the first part; just died every 20 seconds, lol. To be honest I have avoided the souls games ever since, but might have another go. I saw DS2 on eBay for £10 the other day.

XurAgentofthe9

DestinationPs

Which Dark souls game do you recommend to start with, II or III? I have never played any of them, only heard they are very hard and very good.

DestinationPs

Elodin

I know it is a slightly older game, but I'm really enjoying Divinity Original Sin. I'm about 20 hours in and it is fantastic. Anyone looking for an RPG Baulders Gate style, this is a must buy.

Elodin

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic