Forums

Topic: Metal Gear Solid V OT

Posts 201 to 220 of 603

SteveButler2210

So yeah, effectively the actual ending to the game was cut, whether due to time or money I don't know. It's largely been included in the collectors ed deleted scenes, so if you want any actual closure on the story then it is on YouTube.

This has left a real bitter taste after what was otherwise such a fantastic game. There's talk of people petitioning for it to be finished (a large mass effect), which I will definitely sign.

EDIT: a post credits timeline helps tie things up somewhat, but there's still a fairly large hole :/

Edited on by SteveButler2210

From 16/08/15 I’m going for sober for six months to raise money for the Princess Alice Hospice. Donations can be made here and anything you can offer is greatly appreciated: https://www.justgiving.com/Stephen-Butler5

Wish me luck!

[url=http://psnprofiles.com/SteveButler2210][/url...

PSN: SteveButler2210

Gamer83

@SteveButler2210:
If they had the time to put it in the collector's edition my guess is $$$. The scum poisoning Konami sickens me to no end.

Gamer83

SteveButler2210

@Gamer83: what's in there is just half finished cut scenes bridged by some story boards. Wouldn't surprise me if they get Kojima to finish it and then flog it as dlc. Hate to say it but I'd still buy it if they do, because chapter 2 is unfinished without it. God damn Konami...

From 16/08/15 I’m going for sober for six months to raise money for the Princess Alice Hospice. Donations can be made here and anything you can offer is greatly appreciated: https://www.justgiving.com/Stephen-Butler5

Wish me luck!

Gamer83

@SteveButler2210:
They have to do something. I'd download it if it was free DLC, like Mass Effect 3's revised ending, but I would absolutely not pay for it even if it leaves something unfinished. That just sends a really bad message, imo. Extremely annoying when companies do this. And thinking about it, it's probably a combination of money and time, they both go hand-in-hand. Maybe stuff like this had something to do with the parting of the ways.

Gamer83

JaxonH

@Gamer83:
"I would absolutely not pay for it even if it leaves something unfinished"

The way I see it, that DLC would be the last dime Konami would ever see from me again. I'm feeling charitable enough to give em that. Let it send the wrong message- it's not like it's gonna matter after that anyways ammirite?

Btw I'm absolutely LOVING the game! You were right. You were totally and unequivocally right about this game. It's fantastic. And I'm actually doing pretty good! Which surprises me but hey, I'm not complaining

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

PSN: jaxonholden

Gamer83

@JaxonH:
That is a good point. Unless a miracle happens, Konami does a complete turn around on where it seems to headed and it essentially kisses and makes up with Kojima and we get a MGS 6, then I'm not likely to ever give that company more money. So, I guess if it were a reasonable price I'd consider buying a 'true ending' dlc. What worries me, however, is how other studios would react.

Anyway, it's great that you're enjoying the game. This Metal Gear Solid entry is definitely more accessible than the prior ones which is awesome, far as I'm concerned. As a long-time player I can enjoy it, but I've actually introduced it to some friends who have little to no experience with stealth games who are also having a blast. I won't lie, I do kind of miss the long cutscenes but you can get story through the cassettes so it evens out in the end. I'm so wrapped up in the side ops and building motherbase that I can take the tradeoffs elsewhere. When a game is this fun to play, it's tough to criticize it, especially when what story is there has been enjoyable so far (just got to mission 12).

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

Ash_uk1

Faruko wrote:

Cool argument and theory

Untill you realize that to get S ranking you pretty much have to do it in one way, you are getting penalized for not doing it like the game wants to.

Its not that i want to get s rank in every mission, its that if you dont go stealth and no kill you are getting "downgraded".

I know you could do it in a lot of way, its just that the game grade system kinda forces you to

that's not actually true, on one mission i flew right in to a base and used the choppers minigun to blow up 3 targets and killed most of the guards that were there. it took me 3 minutes to complete the level. i had a combat alert. god knows how many kills but still got an S rank. ive also managed to S rank most missions first time despite some kills and combat alerts. i think speed is the most important factor.

Ash_uk1

PSN: Ash_uk1

SteveButler2210

@JaxonH: What I'm hoping is that it was held up due to budget constraints, and that they will use some of the profits to take it to completion. I heard someone say that Kojima is still on board until December, so there's hope yet! If not though, then I think it's disgusting that it was only included in the CE - it's such a pivotal scene that if we were only ever going to get it as cutscenes without the gameplay, it should at the very least be a completion bonus in all versions of the game.

@Ash_uk1: agreed, time is generally the most important factor for the S ranks. However, if you do somehow manage a perfect stealth run without anybody ever even knowing you were there, that does give an insane bonus to your score. However, I'm fairly confident there are no missions where that is actually a requirement for the S rank (except, perhaps, for the "Total Stealth" challenge mission variants unlocked near the end, although they might just require no alerts, not 100% sure on that).

Wish me luck!

Faruko

I know people but...

the more i play the more dissapointed i get, i still think its a damn fine game and i like it, but its getting too repetitive... thank god the actual game its damn fine so it overshadows that problem, but still.

Its weird saying that and knowing that i will keep playing this for a long time and if multiplayer its any good ill put even more time in it, but i still find it hard to give the game all those 10/10 considering its such a flawed game

My big concern with the game is that it simply feels unfinished. Too many story and character plotlines are left with no conclusion, chapter 2 is incredibly rushed and half the missions are repeats of previous ones on harder difficulty. I would have traded away half the main missions and side ops for a focused story that truly provided the full circle the series needed and less repetition. Open world didn't benefit this game at all and probably held it back more than anything. Not to mention all the themes and controversies Kojima promised rarely became significant. Hell he even said there would be something with GZ that was never done before in video games and we get nothing other than a few unlockables for GZ players.

i think i just was expecting more, much much more

Edited on by Faruko

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

SteveButler2210

@Faruko: Meh. I struggled with the same feelings at first, but I've sort of come to terms with it now. I would still argue that the gameplay is largely only as repetitive as you make it, but I do agree the new structure did harm the narrative.

However, I would still argue that, when you look at the story on the whole, after completing all missions including mission 46 and after watching episode 51 on youtube (which it sounds like maybe you've not done yet, as this ties off the character storylines that aren't tied off effectively by the rest of the game), the story does nicely wrap the series up, as it really does tie everything off neatly with the existing lore.

While it's not a patch on the rest of the series and should have been so much better, the story still served it's purpose and did it well enough I'd say. To be honest, I'd say the story would have actually been done quite well if they hadn't cut Episode 51 from the end of the game, as that coupled with Episode 46 would've made for the perfect ending. I know I've harped on about it quite a bit already, but in hindsight I do think that was the only really significant problem with the story, the rest was still decent mostly and forgiveable even at its worst (except, perhaps for that one scene where you're in a long car journey and the dialogue runs out, leaving 2 characters to sit and stare awkwardly at each other in silence for a few minutes...).

Did you listen to all of the audio cassettes, including the white labelled ones? Because I think you have to do that to fairly judge the story. Doing anything otherwise would be the equivalent of complaining about the story in an earlier entry despite having skipped the codec conversations!

Wish me luck!

kyleforrester87

My play time has slowed down this past week, but still enjoying it, just not playing as much of it as I was.

In many ways it's the best MG, but in others not at all.

I've no doubt I'll be polishing off the main missions and many side ops for months to come, the only thing stopping me going back to GZ was running out of objectives.

I'm about 65 hours in having done only 17 main missions so I'm certainly taking my time. It is certainly "What you make of it". You could smash through each mission using a silenced tranq rifle or try and do everything with only a grenade launcher.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

SteveButler2210

@kyleforrester87: Overall my thoughts on it probably amount to it is a fantastic game, and probably one of the best I've played, certainly one of the ones I'll play the most. But when all's said and done it doesn't quite measure up as a Metal Gear. Even with the plot being alright, the new episodic format has definitely caused it to lose some of its cinematic splendour.

At the end of the day though I was always half expecting that, and it is still a glorious game to play, so I'm just enjoying it for what it is!

EDIT: also I just unlocked the Sniper Wolf uniform for Quiet this morning, happy days!

Wish me luck!

kyleforrester87

As I see the other thread got locked do highlight any spoilers nice and big as some of us havnt finished it just yet....ta

kyleforrester87

Tasuki

Yes please do if you need to know how to do the spoiler tags just quote this post and you will see

this is how to do spoiler tags

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Johnnycide

Spoiler tags are a pain to use. I started that thread so people who have finished the game had somewhere to discuss it.

Delete the other thread if needs be, but I find this completely overzealous. I won't be discussing the game on here any further.

Johnnycide

kyleforrester87

I agree to a point, I appreciate the need to keep the place tidy but I dont think a couple of topics on the same game is a huge deal really as long as things arn't getting out of hand. Not trying to start a mutiny, just how it seems to me. A new topic sometimes gets several pages of good, interesting posts, however posts within the same running thread can get lost as people don't bother reading and contribute so willingly. Having things clearly titled actually helps drive the subject along - i.e this thread started as MG online clan making, has mutated several times, and now it's become a place to discuss plot spoilers. I don't tend to make too many threads as a result. Just my 2 cents, not trying to tell anyone how to suck eggs

Untitled

kyleforrester87

Tasuki

Ok so I went ahead and remand this thread and moved it so now there shouldn't be any confusion.

As always thanks for the feedback.

My Backlog

themcnoisy

On that subject gonna be running some training for this and Rocket league when I get the chance and when multiplayer unlocks.

Haven't touched MGS for ages want to upgrade D Horse so he stops falling off cliffs.

@Tasuki will start a new thread in online gaming when the multiplayer unlocks if that's ok. Probably needed like the destiny matchmaking thread. Its looking promising and we need teams to have any kind of chance.

Edited on by themcnoisy

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Tasuki

@themcnoisy: That's fine. Basically we prefer two threads for a game, an OT one for main discussion, questions etc. about said game and an online one for match making.

I know this one started out as a match making thread but it kinda of evolved into a general discussion thread so that's why I changed it cause I guess it confused some people. As for posting spoilers, we have the spoiler tags if people want to discuss spoilers just use the tags please as to be kind to others.

But yeah an online thread will be fine.

My Backlog

SteveButler2210

@Johnnycide if you're wondering about what happened with Eli and the kids after they left, search for "Episode 51 - Kingdom of the Flies" on Youtube. It's what was supposed to be the final mission of the game but was cut out unfinished, but they then added the cutscenes (which are fully voiced) and some storyboards to fill the gaps as a bonus video in the CE. It really should have been in every copy, as it's a major plot point. But yeah, that should help to tie the game off a little more neatly for you!

Wish me luck!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.