Forums

Topic: Insomniac's Spiderman

Posts 121 to 140 of 254

ZeD

Currently half way through the story and it is so well written! I am running into a hell of a of glitches though. The main one is when new POI are added to the map, it flashes red or black until it has added them all the map.

ZeD

PSN: KratosRisesAgain | Twitter:

NecuVise

So I've finished the game and got a platinum trophy for it. The story is good but it's pacing is awful! The game is very generic and it doesn't bring anything new to the genre. It's a far cry from arkham games. But it is fun so if you're looking for something to just relax after a difficult day this game is for you. If you want something deeper and innovative look elsewhere.

NecuVise

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD Yeah I feel that way too. I think there are way too many trailers these days and they show far too much off for my liking.

It is like that joke article Push Square did about there being no more of the game to show of Tomb Raider.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD Yeah I think Sony have admitted it was a mistake to announce so many games so far in advance and will try and not do that so much going forward.

I much prefer the way Bethesda generally announce games, roughly 6 months before they release. Too many games get announced way too early imo and if you follow all the hype to when it is released, you can sometimes find that you get sick of it. That is what I found with say Destiny and Watchdogs. I tend not to do that anymore though and for Sekiro and Cyberpunk for instance I've already feel I've seen enough to know I will most likely buy em.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Jaz007

I'm surprised to see the mixed reaction to the game. I still really want to play it at some point, but I expected more of you would love it given its critical reception.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

KALofKRYPTON

@Jaz007 This all kind of highlights my critical comments of the way the game has been reviewed.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

WanderingBullet

Haven't finished the story, yet but does anyone think that theme music sounds a bit like MCU's Avengers theme music? Also, I think I get why the developer designed Spidey's suit that way, the white emblem really stands out when Spidey's traversing through the city and even more so at night. Still not a big fan of it though, only thing I can say is that it looks better in motion than on still images.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

AdamantiumClaws

WanderingBullet wrote:

Haven't finished the story, yet but does anyone think that theme music sounds a bit like MCU's Avengers theme music? Also, I think I get why the developer designed Spidey's suit that way, the white emblem really stands out when Spidey's traversing through the city and even more so at night. Still not a big fan of it though, only thing I can say is that it look better in motion than on still images.

Thankfully they allowed suit changes, and choosing whatever suit power you want, they really came through for us on that. I'm not too keen on the White Spider suit myself.

Even the rocks do not recall.

hulkie

Will the upcoming spiderman dlc require that you have finished the base game to play it,or will I be able to jump in it? Hope its not like assassins creed where it requires you to be at an inane level like 50 to start it.

hulkie

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD Wait, so this is a GOTY contender for now?! That must have been some final few hours!

Jaz007

@KratosMD Dang, that was a turn-around. I can't wait till the price drops on this game now. I'm probably gonna grab it whenever that happens. (I have rule of not paying $60 for something I didn't pre-order.)

Jaz007

Kidfried

@KratosMD That opinion right there is contender for best 180 of the year!

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried 'The winner of The Best 180 of the Year in the Push Square Forum Members Awards is ..... (drum roll) ..... KratosMD!!

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

@KratosMD Cheers to whoever makes a Push Square Awards thread come December, with categories like "Best Big Boss look-a-like" and "Winner of way too many quizzes".

Also, my comment was in good spirit. It's great that the game was able to make a 180 in your opinion, makes me more assured I'll get in love with the game as well.

Kidfried

Kidfried

@KratosMD I probably won't mind as I'm someone who actually enjoys clearing the full map in games like Far Cry and Assassin's Creed. I feel like I find them less boring, because I play those together with my partner.

Kidfried

Jaz007

JohnnyShoulder wrote:

@Kidfried 'The winner of The Best 180 of the Year in the Push Square Forum Members Awards is ..... (drum roll) ..... KratosMD!!

Hahahaha, amen, that’s too good.
@kidfried That would be a hilarious thread.

Jaz007

JohnnyShoulder

Hmmm I've just watched a spoiler free podcast on this, and I'm sold on it now. Will defo be getting at some point, but probs only when the DLC hits. I always have a chunk of time off work around Christmas, so i think I will pick it up then, hopefully all the DLC would have been released by then.

Jaz007

@KratosMD I think I'll take you up on that advice. I know it'll get a game of the year edition. Speaking of complete, I can't wait until FFXV gets completed and I play through it again.

Jaz007

Kidfried

@Jaz007 @KratosMD Me too. Reading the reviews and impressions on here, seems to paint a picture that the game as a whole might profit from some quality side stuff.

Kidfried

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.