Forums

Topic: Insomniac's Spiderman

Posts 141 to 160 of 188

Th3solution

@AdamantiumClaws Which game? Horizon Zero Dawn? Actually, to be honest, I also was a little disappointed at first with HZD too and after playing through about half of the game at launch, I abandoned it and became side tracked with other games. For some reason a couple weeks ago I decided to go back and actually play it some more and finish it and I have liked it much more on this second go. I didn’t realize how diverse the combat could be when you add more weapons and uncover more enemies, and also how good the story became later on. What an absolutely unique and creative world and history they created! And to avoid derailing the Spider-Man thread, if I bring it around full circle, Spider-Man looks to possibly follow a similar enjoyment pattern — fun at first, then a little too derivative to keep one’s interest in the middle, but then with a great story and better gameplay toward the end which rewards the player who sticks with it. And that’s fine, but if that’s what Spider-Man is, an inverted bell curve of enjoyment, then I don’t think I want to prioritize it to the top of my queue right now.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

AdamantiumClaws

KidBoruto wrote:

AdamantiumClaws wrote:

Holy eff. Just finished this game. WOW!!!!! Game of the damn year!!!!!! I'm blown away!!!!

Arkham City? What's that? Sorry guys I'm so excited WOOO!!!

That good huh ? I'm gonna have to dedicate this upcoming weekend to me beating the game then !

Arkham City might have better side missions and easter eggs, maybe even combat. But the story in this game was so damn good T_T better than any movie of Spiderman ever made.

And I loved the boss fights, most of them were really fun, and I think the combat shined there.

Even the rocks do not recall.

ZeD

Currently half way through the story and it is so well written! I am running into a hell of a of glitches though. The main one is when new POI are added to the map, it flashes red or black until it has added them all the map.

Staff Writer @ www.otakugamers.uk
PSN: zedmayer
115 Platinums
Latest Platinum : Slayaway Camp (PS4)
Working On: Patapon/Game of Thrones/Grim Fandango

PSN: zedmayer | Twitter:

NecuVise

So I've finished the game and got a platinum trophy for it. The story is good but it's pacing is awful! The game is very generic and it doesn't bring anything new to the genre. It's a far cry from arkham games. But it is fun so if you're looking for something to just relax after a difficult day this game is for you. If you want something deeper and innovative look elsewhere.

NecuVise

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD Yeah I feel that way too. I think there are way too many trailers these days and they show far too much off for my liking.

It is like that joke article Push Square did about there being no more of the game to show of Tomb Raider.

JohnnyShoulder

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

KratosMD

@NecuVise I completely agree with you. I hate the pacing so much, and as a person who is playing so many games, I need games to have good pacing if I'm not going to lose interest in them. I mean, Persona 5 is 100 hours long and I've played over 80 hours so far and I just want to play more of it. On the other hand, I've played roughly 16 hours or so of Spider-Man and I feel like I just want to be done with the game (maybe not exactly in this moment but definitely earlier). So the length of a game definitely doesn't negatively impact my opinion of it as long as the pacing works, which it doesn't for Spider-Man.

@JohnnyShoulder I remember watching the initial trailers of Tomb Raider, which if I recall correctly were only CGI trailers of the overall concept of the game, which is good. But if you're going to do like Spider-Man and literally spoil the best parts of the game, then that's a big no no. I'm watching Youtubers play through this game and most of their complaints are also that tons of stuff were spoiled from E3. Things like a certain person turning into a villain, which you would be completely oblivious from if you had zero knowledge from the trailers.

I just realised something though. People have been complaining lately that Sony announces their games way too early. If they had waited a year or so before announcing Spider-Man, they could've easily minimised the amount of spoilers at least. I really hope they learn now to wait longer before announcing games, not only to have more new games to show each year but also to minimise spoilers.

Best games as voted by the PushSquare community:
PS1: Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy VII, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Final Fantasy IX, Tomb Raider II

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD Yeah I think Sony have admitted it was a mistake to announce so many games so far in advance and will try and not do that so much going forward.

I much prefer the way Bethesda generally announce games, roughly 6 months before they release. Too many games get announced way too early imo and if you follow all the hype to when it is released, you can sometimes find that you get sick of it. That is what I found with say Destiny and Watchdogs. I tend not to do that anymore though and for Sekiro and Cyberpunk for instance I've already feel I've seen enough to know I will most likely buy em.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Jaz007

I'm surprised to see the mixed reaction to the game. I still really want to play it at some point, but I expected more of you would love it given its critical reception.

Edited on by Jaz007

Backkoggery ID: Jaz007

KratosMD

@Jaz007 Dude I loved the game for its first 8 hours or so. Then it goes downhill fast for around 6 hours with nothing interesting going on, and then it starts to pick up the pace again. Those 6 hours were absolutely atrocious because there was no variety. Cutscenes, stealth, cutscenes, stealth over and over again. No new plot development, no intense fights, no boss fights, absolutely boooring. If the story takes 20 hours to complete, then roughly 1/3 of it is back to back slow-paced gameplay sections that don't spice things up at all. If they had just added some interesting things in between there then the pacing would've been fine.

Regardless, I'm enjoying the game way more now that I'm finally seeing something interesting going on. But it took 6 hours to get there. Unacceptable.

PS1: Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy VII, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Final Fantasy IX, Tomb Raider II

KALofKRYPTON

@Jaz007 This all kind of highlights my critical comments of the way the game has been reviewed.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

WanderingBullet

Haven't finished the story, yet but does anyone think that theme music sounds a bit like MCU's Avengers theme music? Also, I think I get why the developer designed Spidey's suit that way, the white emblem really stands out when Spidey's traversing through the city and even more so at night. Still not a big fan of it though, only thing I can say is that it looks better in motion than on still images.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

AdamantiumClaws

WanderingBullet wrote:

Haven't finished the story, yet but does anyone think that theme music sounds a bit like MCU's Avengers theme music? Also, I think I get why the developer designed Spidey's suit that way, the white emblem really stands out when Spidey's traversing through the city and even more so at night. Still not a big fan of it though, only thing I can say is that it look better in motion than on still images.

Thankfully they allowed suit changes, and choosing whatever suit power you want, they really came through for us on that. I'm not too keen on the White Spider suit myself.

Even the rocks do not recall.

hulkie

Will the upcoming spiderman dlc require that you have finished the base game to play it,or will I be able to jump in it? Hope its not like assassins creed where it requires you to be at an inane level like 50 to start it.

hulkie

KratosMD

Alright I'll admit it, this game is a GOTY contender for me now. I just finished the story and man did it make me teary-eyed. I'm willing to overlook those couple of hours that were bad since these past ones have been absolutely phenomenal (although still disappointed about the double boss fights, but whatever). The story was overall really good and I loved how challenging the game was. I also managed to do side missions that had a cool villain in them, but I wish there were more like those.

I'm definitely going for the Platinum trophy now as well, but man there is going to be a lot of grinding in each district with all those crime missions. I definitely won't be coming back to this game after I 100% it. The DLC just doesn't seem worth doing after having finished the game. Those missions would've been better if you could've done them as you were playing through the story, but alas.

Great game! I really hope they make a sequel giving that ending.

Edited on by KratosMD

KratosMD

@JohnnyShoulder Well the final 4-5 hours of the story is literally back to back action, boss fights and memorable scenes so naturally it made the game much better. If they had been spread out more then the game would've been even better. But that was enough for me to really like the game.

Jaz007

@KratosMD Dang, that was a turn-around. I can't wait till the price drops on this game now. I'm probably gonna grab it whenever that happens. (I have rule of not paying $60 for something I didn't pre-order.)

Backkoggery ID: Jaz007

Kidfried

@KratosMD That opinion right there is contender for best 180 of the year!

Wind's howling.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic