Forums

Topic: Push Square Premier League Fantasy Football (soccer) 21/22 season.

Posts 141 to 160 of 459

sorteddan

Couple of goals from my midfield today (Sarr & Odegard) are nice surprise, especially with DCL out and my other strikers facing off in tomorrows game.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

JohnnyShoulder

Played my wildcard this week and it seems to have paid off. Got a fair amount of points this weekend and that is with Trent not playing and Lukaku doing nothing.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

I’ve somehow gone up in the league despite finishing 15 points under the average. Bizarre. I’m annoyed I left Pinnock on the bench but I’d really need to be Mystic Meg to make calls like that.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

LiamCroft

It's hot at the top right now. Two of you are within three points of me!

PSN ID: Liam_Croft

sorteddan

@LiamCroft
At the bottom too! 4 players separated by just 8 points...relegation dogfighting

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

JohnnyShoulder

Not sure whether to bench Lukaku this week or not. Not convinced he will do it against the better teams in the league this season.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JohnnyShoulder

@Iver Nah, he didn't score against Liverpool or Spuds. Its either him or Dennis from Watford who play Newcastle who have been pretty pony this season. Got Antonio as the other striker who play Leeds and they have been quite leaky this season. 🤔

sorteddan

Listening to the game on radio and feeling conflicted. Not sure if I'd prefer goal from Lukaku or clean sheet for Ederson and Dias!?

JohnnyShoulder

@Iver I put him on in the end, didn't feel right having a 11.5m striker on the bench. Knowing my luck he will be subbed at half time! 😂

@Sorteddan Yeah conflict of interests are tough. What you want is for Ederson to make lots of saves as you get a point for every 3 saves your keeper makes. And Dias to make loads of clearances, blocks and tackles, that way he will be in the running for bonus points.

I like doubling up on a keeper + defender or a midfielder + striker. I got a lot of points last season with Martinez + Mings, and Son + Kane.

JohnnyShoulder

@Iver Note to self: always listen to my gut. At least Cristiano Ronaldo didn't score either and Bruno missed a pen.

nessisonett

I really should have listened to my gut and A. Not captained Ronaldo and B. Trusted Martinez

Untitled

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett @Iver I didn't get a great return from Rudiger, Lukaku and Greenwood. Got Salah as captain still to come though.

JohnnyShoulder

Antonio's goal was sweet. 👌

nessisonett

Of course I left Pinnock on the bench. Of course.

JohnnyShoulder

Turns out the other two players I would have selected instead of Lukaku scored the same points as him, so wouldn't have made any difference! 🤣

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett wrote:

Of course I left Pinnock on the bench. Of course.

And he went off injured too!

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder I now have an almost fully injured bench apart from the goalie. I’m picturing a hospital ward instead of a bench 😂

BearsEatBeets

I’m a little gutted I didn’t go with my hunch and make Dracoure my captain as he is my best point scorer but it felt risky and played it ‘safe’ with Ronaldo. Still another week of recovering some ground (it seems) although I only have one player left in the last 3 games.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

BearsEatBeets

@Iver I always try and save the Free Hit for the inevitable gameweek later in the season when only half the teams play.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

nessisonett

Traoré played 19 minutes and now Pinnock isn’t coming on with his 7 points. Hooray.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic