Forums

Topic: Push Square Premier League Fantasy Football (soccer) 21/22 season.

Posts 1 to 20 of 459

BearsEatBeets

It's less than a week now until the start of the new season of the Premier League which means it's also time for the start of the Fantasy Football too. This thread will cover the new season and anyone curious about what it is about can find last seasons thread here https://www.pushsquare.com/forums/ps_general_discussion/push_...

Just like last season we're open to anyone joining as long as you have an interest in participating in the thread as well as the competition, even if it's only a few times over the course of the season. As such I won't post the league code here unless someone requests it and will take it down once it has been noted. Any teams that appear without requesting/introducing themselves will be removed. Just to be aware the league does show players real names but no participants last year revealed or mentioned them and we would hope any new players would continue the same curtesy and only communicate through usernames or team names here.

The website to create a team can be found here

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/

The deadline for entering a team is Friday 13th Aug at 18:30 (an hour and half before kick-off).

Last years entrants automatically get a spot in this seasons league when they make a team.

The site has plenty of info on how to play and feel free to post any questions about it here and I'm sure our veterans will help out where we can.

With all that being said I look forward to competing with anyone taking part and lets see if anyone can beat last seasons champion (providing they defend their title) @JohnnyShoulder.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

JohnnyShoulder

Let's goooooooo! Will it be a one season wonder or can I claim back to back titles.

@nessisonett might surprise us all and not be as rubbish as his national side!

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

I seem to have 4 Man City players due to Grealish moving. Time to yeet Foden.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

BearsEatBeets

@JohnnyShoulder Welcome back Champ! It's always said retaining a title is harder than winning one. I'm going to have to try and get a better start this season so I don't have too much to catch up.

@nessisonett I'm less likely to pick Grealish now he's susceptible to Pep roulette but at that price he may be fairly regular.

BearsEatBeets

nessisonett

@BearsEatBeets Yeah, Pep roulette is a nightmare. I think my tactic this year will mostly be getting some of the better players from mid-table teams and just hoping that game time will translate to points for the most part.

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets @nessisonett Yeah only one Man City player for me and it's a defender. Even picking there only striker Jesus is a bit of a gamble as they often don't play with a recognised striker.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, I have Grealish, Cancelo and Ederson. Cancelo was too good last season to not pick, Ederson and Martinez are incredibly solid between them and Grealish wasn’t at Man City when I picked him! Jesus is an interesting pick, I reckon he’ll be consistent when he plays but yeah, Pep is a bit allergic to strikers.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Trying to predict what midfield he is gonna start with is a bit headache inducing, so I've avoided it altogether!

I've tried for a different approach this time round then what I started last season with, as it didn't quite work out iirc. But I don't think I've ever had a good start in these things.

NedStarksGhost

Hey I've just created my fantasy team this year, could I get a code to join the league please? @BearsEatBeets

NedStarksGhost

nessisonett

Got to love that last look at the team before Friday and half the squad has picked up a knock. At least it’s not as bad as last year when half my squad didn’t play the first week and I never caught up the rest of the season 😂

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett I think I'm on version 0.7 at the moment. I've been OK with injuries so with only one person crocked.

BearsEatBeets

@NedStarksGhost Sure thing. To join you can just click this link

[edited]

or alternately input the last 6 digits of the link which is the league code.

If you could let me know when you when you have joined then I can remove the link, thanks.

Edited on by BearsEatBeets

BearsEatBeets

sorteddan

@BearsEatBeets
Gonna go sort out registration and select team. I can join using code from above if that's alright with you.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

BearsEatBeets

@Sorteddan Definitely, we are trying to avoid random teams appearing which we don't know (which happened last season) so by appearing in the thread and asking you're golden.

BearsEatBeets

sorteddan

Got me a preliminary team. Seems to be heavy on full backs and lacks a solid defensive spine but will see how it goes. And bearing in mind I don't yet know how the scores work on this one it should be interesting. Good luck all.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

BearsEatBeets

@Sorteddan I've noticed you have 'sorted' your team so I've taken the link down now. Welcome to the league. Best of luck to our new members.

Edit: You must have posted just as I started typing. Yeah the points system heavily leans in to helping with goals rather than defending well, so it's fairly common for the best defender options to be full-backs. Most of the time your team will probably look like all out attack and would probably be rubbish as a real team.

Edited on by BearsEatBeets

BearsEatBeets

LiamCroft

I'm competing this year alongside Sammy! What's the code to join the Push Square league?

PSN ID: Liam_Croft

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic