Topic: Corona Virus Panic/Discussion Thread

Posts 2,161 to 2,180 of 2,454

nessisonett

@Octane Nah, haggis, now that’s offal 😉

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Voltan

@zupertramp
To be fair spending 15 mil to get potentially millions of people to vaccinate could be cheaper than dealing with long term effects of them refusing to vaccinate.

Voltan

zupertramp

@Voltan that really only speaks to part of the issue but even if that were the only consideration, this means CA spent $15 million (on 10 people) to get 43% of the state fully vaccinated. That doesn't seem like a very successful initiative, especially when you can't actually say how much of a percentage increase the $15 million provided.

Not against investing money toward vaccination... just don't think lotteries are the way to go.

PSN: frownonfun
Switch: SW-5109-6573-1900 (Pops)

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

JohnnyShoulder

@zupertramp Thanks. I also had one of the best nights sleep in ages. About 7 hours straight through, which is rare for me. I did have a paracetamol before going to bed, so that might of helped.

My arm has been aching all day, but that is a small price to pay and I've experienced way worse. Plus the booze I've had tonight has dulled the pain.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

mookysam

I would have thought reducing the risk of dying from Covid would be incentive enough. :-/

My second jab caused a similar, but milder, reaction to the first, with my bones feeling like they'd been drilled into. The fever wasn't as bad, so I'll call that a win and hope I don't need a booster shot later in the year!

@JohnnyShoulder Glad your jab went well and hope your arm gets better soon. Was it Pfizer?

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

JohnnyShoulder

@mookysam Thank you! Hope your reaction to the second jab does not get worse. And yeah it was Pfizer.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

Standing in line, hoping I don't win a herring.

Kidfried

zupertramp

@Kidfried so... How'd it go? Nothing like the gif I hope.

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

Kidfried

@zupertramp Didn't win anything, my arm is a little soar, and I still haven't been to the club. Vaccine is overrated.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

Th3solution

@Kidfried Yeah, but I bet you’re so magnetic that you can just attach your keys to your arm. No more need for pockets!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

zupertramp

@Th3solution Funny I just literally, in the last couple hours, lost my set of car keys at the mall. Being magnetic would have saved me an hour or so of backtracking and dealing with an unhelpful mall security. Also would have saved me the $120 it cost to recut the key.

So I say if there's a vaccine that magnetizes you, bring it on!!

Edit: Wouldn't mind having better 5G cell reception either, if that's also a side effect.

Edited on by zupertramp

Th3solution

@zupertramp Also, sterility for free! Save money on a vasectomy!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

zupertramp

@Th3solution that's very true. I've already done my part in contributing to overpopulation so that'd work for me too.

nessisonett

I got my vaccine! The Pfizer one apparently and now my arm is killing me, I feel like I’m on fire and I have a thumping headache. Hooray! Bizarrely one of my friends I went to high school with got theirs at the same centre and got the Moderna one. And another few people I know got the AZ one from there.

Octane

@nessisonett You should do some arm exercises, it'll save you a bunch of muscle strain tomorrow.

Octane

nessisonett

@Octane I’ve been swinging it around like a windmill. I look like a character from Donkey Kong 64.

nessisonett

My arm that is. For clarification.

Sorry, this topic has been locked.