Forums

Topic: Corona Virus Panic/Discussion Thread

Posts 2,261 to 2,280 of 2,454

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett We could only wear plain black or blue coats and bags in comprehensiveshool. So no motifs or badges what so ever.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@Voltan Apparently only in the UK!

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

nessisonett

@Voltan @JohnnyShoulder Yeah, I always thought it was more widespread. In primary school we had specific uniform we had to buy from the one shop that was impossible to get to by public transport. In high school they introduced blazers which had the badge on them and…. could only be bought from that one shop. I’m pretty sure there’s dodgy stuff going on there.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Oh yeah, same for the comprehensive school I went to in Wales, only the one shop which sold some of the uniform. Would drive my parents nuts as it would always go out of stock!

themcnoisy

I nearly got kicked out of school because my fringe was long.

I quite like school uniforms as an idea. Stops bullying due to fashion and it's stress off the parents.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Snottie_Drippen

@JechtUltima because school suspensions are proven to be one of the most worthless forms of discipline EVER. ESP for the kid who hates school and wants to be sent home, you just gave them their pass.

Snottie_Drippen

zupertramp

@Snottie_Drippen not real effective for the one suspended, I agree. But often better for everyone else.

@themcnoisy I also like the idea of school uniforms but it always turns into a money making scheme between the school and some company that have way too cozy a relationship.

@JohnnyShoulder @nessisonett @Voltan It's not super common to see schools with a uniform policy. But it's far more common than it used to be. My kids have been at a few places that required them but it was really more of some kind of khaki pants and a solid color polo. Which honestly still turns into a rich/poor divide situation.

My wife works for a weird private/public type school at the moment where uniforms are required and for awhile the sole supplier of the uniforms was owned by a relative of one of the superintendents of the school. Lol. We'll turn any good intention into a money making endeavor. And we wonder why we couldn't help in Afghanistan.

Anyway I just heard on the "news" this morning that no masks help prevent spread so that settles that. Though I do wonder why surgeons and other medical professionals have been wasting all this effort on these things all this time if the new line of thought is they do absolutely nothing.

Maybe it's to reduce the spread via miasma or to keep blood off their face during blood-lettings. 🤷‍♂️

Edited on by zupertramp

PSN: frownonfun
Switch: SW-5109-6573-1900 (Pops)

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

Thrillho

I was gutted I couldn't become a surgeon for the risk of almost certain death from having to wear a mask during surgery

Thrillho

zupertramp

@Thrillho "oh... horrible post-op infection." Lol.

Also jfc... Have I checked my vo2 max lately? Is he serious with that?! Try never in my life. Wtf is this Gattaca?

Edited on by zupertramp

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

Th3solution

The difference between a molecule and an organism. Amazing how high school level science has eluded much of society.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@zupertramp I think I left my tricorder at home, otherwise I’d be all over that.
Untitled

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett 😂 That did literally make LOL! Defo comment of the week! 🤣

zupertramp

Odd and disturbing, my daughter's school wants her to sign this form that absolves them of any responsibility should she get COVID. No masks, no social distancing, no vaccine push but if she gets covid it's not their fault.

Lol. It's not like I was gonna sue when we all catch COVID (as if I could afford litigation) but there's no way I'm signing that.

nessisonett

Hooray, I’m now double jabbed. The wee nurse guy who did it had to sit with me though cause my arm wouldn’t stop bleeding 😂

zupertramp

@nessisonett hmm... sometimes I've wondered if there's a middle ground between full blown hemophiliac and just y'know, above-average bleeder because the same happens to me sometimes. Nose bleeds, nicks from shaving, etc. But never had that happen from a shot. Hope it wasn't too bad.

Also echo above sentiment, that I hope you don't feel too poorly in the coming days. I reckon you're a spot younger than me so you'll probably weather it better.

nessisonett

@JechtUltima @zupertramp Thanks, I honestly don’t feel too awful considering the first one floored me. That could change but hopefully it’s not too bad!

nessisonett

Ok I spoke way too soon. Spent a solid couple of hours this morning shivering uncontrollably. If the vaccine feels this bad then I sure as hell know it’s working! If things weren’t bad enough, the man across the road is building an extension so there’s drilling noise and my smoke alarm has started loudly beeping to say it needs the battery changed. What a morning 😂

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett It's happening for you today! 🤣

The day after I had my 2nd jab I was all day on my feet looking at properties then going around town with some of my fam. Not sure whether it was the jab or that I've been sat on my backside for the best part of 18 months, but I was wiped out that night!

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Feel better soon, buddy!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Sorry, this topic has been locked.