Forums

Topic: Corona Virus Panic/Discussion Thread

Posts 2,141 to 2,160 of 2,244

MatthewJP

Currently nursing my partner who had her second Pfizer jab today feeling very sorry for herself. Yet to be offered one, got this to look forward to...

MatthewJP

themcnoisy

@Octane I get that but I still feel terrible now. I'm due my next jab start of may so I had the Astra Zeneca jab what 9 weeks ago? I've got graves desease and pernicious anaemia, possibly having an effect with the jab. I dunno man I'm massively pro vaccination but something isn't right with that jab man. I'm concerned that people like me haven't been studied in enough numbers. I'm suffering from anxiety now after the jab, never had it to this degree before.

I know we should protect the elderly, again I was pro lockdown from day 1. But there is no point jabbing up kids who won't be effected by covid but could be effected by the jab. There should be a sensible cutoff when the gains are not there. Wouldn't want to put my kids in harm's way, and there is a risk.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Thrillho

@themcnoisy The AZ jab of them all does, anecdotally, seem to knock people the most and it’s generally younger people who have good immune response (in general I mean). However, anecdotally again, most people seem to be affected worst by one of the two shots and AZ seems more likely to.l be the first and Pfizer the second.

Sorry to hear you’ve had a pants time with it though but please do get the second one!

Kids are unlikely to get the AZ one anyway because of the minuscule risk of clot.

Thrillho

Octane

@themcnoisy A positive mindset is also important. I know it's difficult sometimes, but thinking about possible side effects all the time can cause anxiety, which may actually result in side effects, as it affects a lot of hormonal pathways, and can even downplay immune response. It's easier said than done, but it's worth keeping in mind!

Octane

JohnnyShoulder

@MatthewJP Sorry to hear that your partner has had a bad time responding to the jab. My parents had the same jab and reported almost no issues (a sore arm and that was about it), so hopefully you will a similar experience.

And I agree with @Octane, it is important not be all doom n gloom as difficult as it may be. Whether it is not paying attention to so much news, there are steps you can take to not have such a negative outlook.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

johncalmc

My girlfriend was quite ill after her second vaccine. I haven't even had my first yet. Maybe they think I'm just going to brush it off if I ever catch it like some kind of mad antibody man. That could happen but safety first I say. Might as well get vaccinated.

johncalmc

Twitter:

M0rriss

johncalmc wrote:

My girlfriend was quite ill after her second vaccine. I haven't even had my first yet. Maybe they think I'm just going to brush it off if I ever catch it like some kind of mad antibody man. That could happen but safety first I say. Might as well get vaccinated.

Yes, this is the most frightening thing now. Unknown effects of these vaccines.

M0rriss

johncalmc

M0rriss wrote:

johncalmc wrote:

Yes, this is the most frightening thing now. Unknown effects of these vaccines.

Yeah, I mean, that's a risk. But she was less ill than she would have been if she'd had covid so I guess that's the trade.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Voltan

Getting my first dose on May 12. Honestly much earlier than I expected.

Voltan

M0rriss

Voltan wrote:

Getting my first dose on May 12. Honestly much earlier than I expected.

And how are the results? Did you feel unwell after the vaccine?

M0rriss

Voltan

@M0rriss I wish I could tell you but I don't know the future
May 12 is in 2 weeks

Voltan

M0rriss

Voltan wrote:

@M0rriss I wish I could tell you but I don't know the future
May 12 is in 2 weeks

Yes, sometimes. It looks like I’m already in May =)

M0rriss

Thrillho

@M0rriss I’ve been double Pfizer’d and had a dead arm for a couple of days after the first one and almost nothing after the second.

My wife felt pretty rotten for under 24hrs after her second Pfizer.

Thrillho

RR529

I've had both Moderna shots.

Nothing after the first other than soreness in the arm a couple days, but after the second shot I had a light headache, chills, & tiredness the next day (along with numbness in my fingers on my shot arm), though all that only lasted one day.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Voltan

Mine's AstraZeneca - I know a few people that had it and had flu-like side effects for one or more days but apparently Pfizer is the one statistically most likely to cause mild side effects and Moderna is the safest one.
We shall see

Voltan

zupertramp

@MarlonJohan maybe if I were smarter I'd see a difference between this and any other fiat currency, but I don't. All of it only holds value because people have agreed it does. And the likelihood I'll live to see the day that everyone stops believing in the value of the US dollar or the Euro or the British pound has got to be somewhere near impossible.

Idk, maybe if I were in someplace like Turkey I'd see it differently. As it is now the crypto craze seems comparable to the fearmongering doomsdayers peddling gold on Fox News.

PSN: frownonfun
Switch: SW-5109-6573-1900 (Pops)

"And if your hands were metal, that would mean something."

zupertramp

Also anyone worried about gov debt, at least in Europe and US, should check out Stephanie Kelton's work regarding Modern Monetary Theory.

nessisonett

@zupertramp Crypto’s also needlessly draining with its environmental footprint. Same as these bloody stupid NFTs. What started as some sort of middle finger to banks has just become its own culture of nonsense perpetuated by new-money billionaires instead of old-money billionaires.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Black Lives Matter. Enough is enough.

zupertramp

@nessisonett I've seen the environmental downsides mentioned frequently (especially with NFTs) but it's a critique I don't follow. Which isn't to say I don't believe it, I just don't understand and haven't cared enough to educate myself. But, devil's advocate, I'd ask isn't there a similar footprint to paper money/coin manufacture?

nessisonett

@zupertramp Well crypto won’t ever replace traditional money and let’s face it, unless they’re massively unrealistic then the progenitors of crypto believe that too. So it will always be an additional environmental impact than replacing the existing issues with traditional money. Even then, just mining Bitcoin will increase the global temperature by 2 degrees Celsius in the next 20 years. It just doesn’t really strike me as a particularly helpful endeavour at this crucial moment in time for so many communities affected by climate change.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Black Lives Matter. Enough is enough.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic