Forums

Topic: Corona Virus Panic/Discussion Thread

Posts 2,141 to 2,160 of 2,454

zupertramp

@Voltan yeah I got 2nd shot yesterday and while I was fine most of the day, last night was a bit of doozy with some pretty extreme chills. But fine again this morning so that's good. Arm is still ridiculously sore but, like you, that was to be expected.

Disappointed not to be magnetic though.

Edited on by zupertramp

PSN: frownonfun
Switch: SW-5109-6573-1900 (Pops)

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

nessisonett

@zupertramp Oh my god Ernest Goes To Jail. I remember seeing the electric chair scene when I was like 8 and thinking it was the funniest thing ever.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

Got my first jab tomoz. And we are having rain for the first time in a couple of weeks. Great timing weather!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

zupertramp

@nessisonett same, only I was more like 10.

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

zupertramp

@Voltan actually getting up and moving around a little more I'm really feeling it all over. Just a general body-wide achiness. But especially in the knees.

So good luck to you.

Tasuki

Well my state officially reopened yesterday and isn't requiring those who have been vaccinated to ware a facial covering of any sort and businesses can be again at max capacity. At my work however we can't ask people if they are vaccinate (it's against the law and we could get in trouble for it) so we just have to assume people who don't ware facial coverings are.

I thought I would see alot of people not wearing facial coverings but alot of people were still wearing them. I don't know if they didn't know they didn't have to or like me just elected to continue wearing them for various reasons. I wouldn't be surprised though as in the coming weeks I see less and less of them.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Voltan

@zupertramp So apart from a sore arm, I kinda feel like I had no sleep in a couple days. I guess that's not the worst that could happen

Voltan

zupertramp

@Voltan ah nice. that doesn't sound too bad.

Now I'm just wondering if we're gonna have to start doing this annually.

zupertramp

Anyone else hate these Covid vaccine raffles/lotteries? I mean c'mon, we can't think of a more equitable incentive? Or just a better use of resources? Smh.

Kidfried

I'm getting my first next week. Not looking forward to it and all, but it's for the greater cause.

Also, there's this off chance the vaccine inserts Hideo Kojima's newest game into my blood. I read all these interesting ~conspiracies~ theories about how next gen is going to start as soon as the La Li Lu Le Lo Will put some kind of chip (probably a PS5 graphics card) into the vaccine.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

Voltan

@Kidfried I’m not sure if they actually went through with it but I know there were talks about a “vaccine lottery” here in Poland as well. Something like “get vaccinated - win a car”. Sounds dumb but if it works… I don’t know

Voltan

JohnnyShoulder

Had my first jab yesterday. All fine, just a slightly achy arm. Very well organised and I was outta there in 20 mins, and you have wait for 15 mins after you had the jab. @Kidfried You should be fine, hardly felt the jab itself and where I was there were enough people there to offer help.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

@Voltan Yea, a raffle for vaccines is definitely unconventional, but it might be more effective than other forms of communication.

@JohnnyShoulder I probably won't survive. I have the thinnest arms. As soon as they stick the needle in me, it'll probably come out the other end!

Kidfried

Voltan

Lol no thanks 😂

Voltan

nessisonett

@Thrillho I’ve never had pickled herring. Kinda want to try it! I’ll try most foods once, with the exception of weird ass meats like, well, ass meat. And bugs and brains and stuff like that.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

zupertramp

@Kidfried @Thrillho @Voltan

Well, I don't know of any statewide incentive here in Texas but I'm pretty sure there are individual municipalities doing stuff like this. Dallas I think. I know some states are having lotteries and such though. Like California is giving 10 people 1.5 million each. Because god knows that money couldn't be spent on anything else.

And at least with the picked herring it seems to be for everyone and not just a select group of winners. In any case I do question whether it works at all. And I don't think there's any way to know so I find that a bit of a problem. We're throwing resources that will largely go to a select few at something we're not even sure helps.

I also wonder, if someone hesitant is swayed to get the jab for the chance to win money, and then they win the money, what's the message there? It's like bribing your kids. Great for the short term but doesn't necessarily make them better people in the long term. Also sure feels like an F U to those that were already doing it for the right reason.

I know I tend to take everything too seriously but eh, just lotteries seem so... about the individual. But this isn't a problem we tackle through individualism imo. Nor most problems plaguing mankind. But I digress.

@JohnnyShoulder glad your shot went well. Hope the second goes as smoothly.

Sorry, this topic has been locked.