Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 5,641 to 5,660 of 6,458

BearsEatBeets

Decided to go back to GT Sport after only giving it a quick go back when I got it. It's become my go to for quick sessions. I've just done the 30 lap endurance race challenge. It took a little over an hour but the time went pretty quick. It didn't look I was going to get the gold until quite late when my strategy must have paid off and took the lead with about a lap and a half to go.
Unfortunately someone on my friend list managed it 29 seconds quicker so my competitive nature means I'll be doing it again to try and beat that. I'll probably save the second attempt until another time though.

It's made me think I'll probably get GT7 at some point now.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

Th3solution

@BearsEatBeets Good to know GT Sport is holding up. I’ve actually wondered if I should just get GT Sport instead of GT7. I really wanted GT7, but I’ve heard some rumblings that it’s not that much of an improvement over GT Sport. I waited long enough now that I just lost my desire for a racer, so I’ll wait until the mood strikes again, and maybe by then the price will be closer to Sport’s.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

render

@Th3solution I didn't play GT Sport but they do have a different focus. GT Sport is all about online where as GT7 they have tried to bring back more single player content as well as keeping the online aspects of Sport. The licence tests and missions have a strangely addictive quality to them and some of the solo races can be challenging, especially early on where you've only got a handful of cars and not many credits.

I've done quite a few races in sport mode against other people as well. There you can take part in daily races and championships designed by Polyphony. The word "daily" shouldn't really apply as they only change weekly, and also depending on the lobby the word "race" can only be used loosely as sometimes there are some real idiots in there. It's not all bad though and actually the fact that the races are weekly actually works out better if you play it casually because it gives you a chance to give them a go over a number of nights before they get rotated, so you get the chance to improve. Some of the races also include fuel burn and tyre wear which really mixes it up so that it's not just about fastest person wins. When you get in a good lobby and place well in a race it's a great feeling.

It would be better if it was cheaper but I've definitely had my monies worth from it.

render

Th3solution

@render The whole reason I skipped GT Sport (it was my first GT to not play except for those interstitial releases like GT Prologue games) was because of the online only launch, and I understand that they did add back some single player content and there’s some more traditional solo gameplay aspects now. It has still soured me to the game overall and I just fell away from the whole series although. However, in months leading up to GT7 I had renewed interest because of the ‘single player content first’ philosophy that they seemed to be bringing back. Unfortunately the crazy balancing issues and microtransactions / live-servicey nature has sapped most of my hype. Unfortunately it also released amid a crowded launch period and if I get a full-priced new game it’ll more likely be Horizon Forbidden West. And I look at the difference between getting GT Sport for $10 right now on sale, versus $70 for GT7, I wonder if the new game is actually 7 times better than the older one. 😅 Especially for a more casual racing fan like me who just wants to dabble in and out of races between playing my action RPGs. The DualSense features are one of the major things that tempt me, because I really enjoy the adaptive triggers in these first party PS5 games.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

BearsEatBeets

@Th3solution I've put it quite a bit of time into GT Sport now and I've yet to touch online racing and barely touched AI racing. There are loads of tests, challenges to do and if you're like me and redo stuff until you get the best time/score possible there is a ton of content for solo play. I realise this may have not been the case at launch but I think there is loads to do 'single-plyer' in this game. It does always connect to the servers so you may need to be online to play but I don't personally see that as an issue.
I did a half hour Interlagos challenge this morning but only managed 2nd. I think I might need to try a no-tyre change pit-stop.

BearsEatBeets

render

@BearsEatBeets I didn't realise Sport had so much single player content. From what I'd read it sounded like the entire game revolved around the online racing side of things and hence GT7 was a return to Gran Turismo of old. Perhaps I should have jumped into GT Sport years ago.

render

nessisonett

Got Homefront The Revolution solely for the TimeSplitters 2 4K port inside it. It’s absolute mince but I have to get like 10 hours into it in order to play TimeSplitters.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

XandertheWise

games for my Playstation 4 that Im playing this summer

Final Fantasy XV
Kingdom Hearts III
Mortal Kombat 11

XandertheWise

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Whoa, wait a tick... there's a full TimeSplitters 2 port available on current consoles?! Even if it's buried ten hours deep inside a sub-par shooter, that's incredible! How did I not know this?!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger The button combination code to unlock the full game was lost to time until last year! You can play Siberia and Chicago through an arcade machine that boots 4K TimeSplitters 2. When you put the code in, it opens up every other mode! As for Homefront, it’s jingoist, laughable nonsense story wise. It’s playable though, other than the choppy frame rate. Like a poor man’s Far Cry.

BearsEatBeets

Continuing to enjoy my time with GT Sport. Except the Nurburgring, I hate the Nurburgring. I'm thinking of ways to get my steering wheel set up. I was gifted one years ago but it's never been out of the box as I've had no-where to set it up. I'm looking at investing in a stand for it as I'm playing quite a bit now and think it would help a lot.

BearsEatBeets

RogerRoger

@nessisonett I remember noticing a Homefront game (not sure if it was the same one, or whether it's even a series of multiple games) in a recent PSN sale, going for pennies. I took a second look but it didn't appeal, so I kept on scrollin' but if I had known...!!

Bonkers that the whole thing's in there, and that it hasn't been patched back out to its original cameo.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

LtSarge

Started playing Concrete Genie today. Besides knowing that you paint stuff in this game, I knew little else about it so it was nice going in pretty much blind. I've played about an hour now and this is seriously a brilliant game that just oozes creativity. It reminds me of old Sony when we would get these fun, unique and creative experiences, like LittleBigPlanet, Sound Shapes and Hohokum. Really miss those days, but it's nice to still see games like this come out today.

Anyway, I'm absolutely loving the gameplay. Walking around in an open world, painting buildings and solving puzzles, it's really fun and charming. It's creative titles like this that I appreciate a lot and hope to see more of in the future. Definitely looking forward to playing more of it soon.

LtSarge

sorteddan

@LtSarge
Yeah I found it to be a hidden gem as well, just white relaxing enjoyable wandering around looking for collectables and painting walls. As a warning though the last part of the game introduces a new mechanic which I felt didn't really fit with the rest of it, didn't massively spoil the experience though. Hope you continue to enjoy it.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Anti-Matter

1. My Little Pony: A Maretime Baytime Adventure
2. Dreamworks Dragons: Dawn of New Riders

Anti-Matter

render

@BearsEatBeets I’ll join you on your hatred for Nords. I’m sure I’d feel different if I could actually remember the corners but there’s so many of them and none of them are that memorable that I just never get good at it. I could have done the circuit experience on GT7 to learn it but it just wasn’t worth the effort even though it pays out 5m credits for nailing all the sectors and the full lap.

What wheel have you got?

render

LtSarge

@sorteddan Thanks for the heads-up. Can't imagine it ruining that much of the experience considering how short the game is. I'll just have to see what it's going to be.

LtSarge

Voltan

I started playing Cuphead from scratch, this time intending to go all the way. Man, this game is hard.

Voltan

nessisonett

@render My first thought when you said you hated Nords was “Skyrim belongs to the Nords” 😂

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic