Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 7,221 to 7,240 of 7,479

Judal27

@kyleforrester87 meaningful landmarks in the depths are just a tad bit too sparse and repetitive for my complete liking, and I feel like I would be even more critical of it if I had played botw with the dlc/amiibos since a lot of the cool stuff you find there is just that extra content that was in botw. That said, the atmosphere is great. Some truly fun and scary encounters coupled with the gloom dmg, make for a tense time down there. And it is definitely satisfying going from root to root, picking up whatever you find along the way. I kinda look forward to my trips underground a lot more than I do going up to the sky

Also you should probably just throw bright blooms. It's not worth wasting your bows even if it feels a lot better to shoot them around plus it also takes up arrows

Judal27

kyleforrester87

@Judal27 I like shooting them though, pow-pow-pow! I hear you, maybe I should throw a few more. But Bokoblin bows are easy to come by, and I seem to be able to maintain a steady 250 arrows so it's not that bad. Plus stocking up on this stuff feeds into the loop and enhances the experience a bit, even if it takes a bit of time.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

BranJ0

I went from not being a fan of the depths to absolutely loving them. I spent two hours down there today and it just flew by. Making vehicles to easily traverse it is really fun, and whilst there aren't many landmarks and treasure chests, the ones you do find are always really exciting. Just navigating it is a challenge, so whenever you come out of a long stretch of gloom with tricky enemies, following obscure statues, and get to somewhere notable, it feels like a real success.

BranJ0

nessisonett

Pastel Joy-Cons and a sequel to 1-2 Switch wow, happy pride month I guess. (Claiming 1-2 Switch for being sheer camp through it just not working and being a sad joke). Now we just need Stick Shift on the Switch. And to see more of this absolute hunk.

Untitled

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Ralizah

@nessisonett In fairness, them finally releasing a Fire Emblem game where the male avatar can S-rank the entire adult male cast is more than enough for me. I was here when my only gay option in Conquest was some nutter who gets off to inflicting suffering on people.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah I can’t really bring myself to go near Engage. One of the most offputting artstyles for characters I’ve seen in a while.

nessisonett

Playing that Sonic Origins has made me come to the realisation that Sonic 1 is rubbish. I always get confused between it and 2 in my memories but yeah, the first Sonic peaks in the opening 5 minutes and then becomes one of the worst platformers to ever exist. Every level after Green Hill is filled with ways to slow you down, stupid traps, annoying enemy placement and punishing drops after knockback. It’s incredible how well Super Mario Bros still plays today, it’s precise and simple. Sonic 1 on the other hand is a clunky, imprecise nightmare. Green Hill Zone still rules though.

BranJ0

@nessisonett I actually played sonic 2 for the first time a few months ago, and really wasn't a fan. I found the levels kept wanting me to gather speed, but then as soon as I did, I was punished for it, hitting walls and enemies. I understand the appeal is to replay the levels, learn the layout, and maximise your time at top speed, but after one playthrough I really couldn't be bothered. The game wasn't fun enough on first playthrough to incentivise me to replay it to improve, and I swiftly moved on. I had exactly the same issues with it as you state with sonic 1, and I'm sure the problems in sonic 1 are far more widespread!

BranJ0

Ralizah

IMO Classic Sonic never hit a proper balance between speed and platforming. It's why I've never been hugely nostalgic for the older games, despite owning a Genesis over an SNES back in the day and playing Sonic 2 quite a lot.

kyleforrester87

@Zuljaras is Titan Quest on Switch any good? It’s £10 on the estore, thinking of giving it a go. Is the gameplay relatively ok? Is it really buggy or poor frame rate on Switch?

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

Ralizah

@PixelDragon Playing BotW on the Switch's launch day remains one of my favorite gaming memories. It really felt like a quantum leap over the Vita.

nessisonett

Doing that classic chronic procrastinator thing of not wanting BOTW to end therefore just leaving it on my Switch despite basically only needing to do Hyrule Castle. Can’t really be arsed doing the Champions Ballad after I saw that each area had busywork before you fight the boss again. Just need to beat Ganon but physically cannot muster the energy to actually do it.

Ralizah

@nessisonett When people do this, they typically just end up dropping it and never seeing the end of the game.

kyleforrester87

@nessisonett I did exactly that and as @Ralizah says, never actually went back to finish the game. I don’t mind though, the ending is probably better in my head lol. Hopefully I can see the credits of TOTK but I don’t really mind either way.

kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

@Zuljaras ah you didn’t reply, so I went ahead and got it (Titan Quest). £7.50 with some Nintendo points.

Played for a couple of hours tonight, actually seems pretty good - I’m surprised. The music is nice, that alone keeps interested. We’ll see what kind of legs it has, but a nice, cheap Diablo alternative on Switch is my initial impression.

kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

@Zuljaras Thanks, no worries! Yes, I saw they made Grim Dawn too (a game I can't play on Switch and PS5, I believe). Have you completed the Switch version? I read performance gets a bit choppy in some of the later game areas. I'm not too worried for £7.50 though.

kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

@Zuljaras Ah cool. I havn't thought about it too much, I am just a level 4 warrior. I think I read I can choose a secondary class at level 8 or something. I don't tend to dabble in the dark arts of magic in these games but we'll see.

kyleforrester87

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic