Forums

Topic: Playstation 4 Backloggery and most wanted!

Posts 601 to 620 of 700

Ralizah

Ralizah wrote:

Finish The World Ends With You on NDS

Dropped it, so close enough. Really wasn't enjoying it.

Ralizah wrote:

Finish Pokemon Legends: Arceus on NS

Not quite, although I got pretty far in.

Ralizah wrote:

Finish The Great Ace Attorney 2: Resolve on NS

Yep.

Ralizah wrote:

Start, play, and beat Persona 5 Strikers on PS4

Nope. Didn't even boot it up before my PS+ sub expired.

Ralizah wrote:

Buy either Horizon Forbidden West on PS4 OR Triangle Strategy on NS

Purchased and completed Triangle Strategy.

Ralizah wrote:

Buy Kirby and the Forgotten Land on NS

Purchased and completed Kirby.

Ralizah wrote:

Buy Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re-Boot Camp on NS

No, through no fault of my own, because, of course, this was indefinitely delayed after Putin launched his invasion of Ukraine.

New list. One which will focus more on my gaming habits.

Over the next few months, I'd like to:

• Complete The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC on PC.
  • Complete a 100% re-play of Super Mario 3D Land on 3DS.
  • Grind enough daily and weekly challenges in order to finally get the platinum trophy for Rayman Legends on PS4.
  • Get up to HR100 in Monster Hunter Rise on NS.
  • Purchase and begin playing through the Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak expansion.
  • Purchase and complete Cuphead: The Delicious Last Course on NS, which is the upcoming expansion for that game.
  • Purchase and begin playing through Xenoblade Chronicles 3 on NS.
  • Start playing an unplayed backlogged game of some sort.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Anti-Matter

My PS4 backlogs:
Horse Club Adventures
Kitaria Fables

Next PS4 games purchase:
My Little Pony
Paw Patrol On the Roll
Paw Patrol Adventure City Calls

Anti-Matter

Jimmer-jammer

@Th3solution hey, that sounds like as good a methodology as any! If I could sum up The Pathless concisely, I’d say it’s a puzzle exploration game with unique traversal elements and fantastic boss encounters. Beyond that, it has a beautiful art style, an incredible verticality (seriously, you can fly to impressive heights) and a truly outstanding OST. I had a good time with Kena as well, though they are very different games despite the similarities! The Pathless has a timeless quality for me that lifts it into my hypothetical top 5. It’s a quantum leap from Abzu as a game and I really can’t wait to see what Giant Squid is up to next.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

CJD87

@Ralizah MHR: Sunbreak is also on my to-do list for end of this month...

I loved my time with MHR, put in around 200hrs and got to hunter rank ~130 (from memory, not 100%).
Put it down around a year ago when the weekly event quests got a bit stale.

Been watching a lot of update videos on Sunbreak, and some of the weapon updates and new switch skills look amazing. I main Greatsword, and it looks like Capcom have really given it a new lease of life!

CJD87

Ralizah

@CJD87 I mained Hunting Horn through the majority of Rise, but I'm learning how to use Long Sword again. I dropped it after finishing, but before the big content updates released, so I have a lot of event quests and whatnot to dive into between now and Sunbreak.

I was marveling how well the game runs on the system the other day. Capcom did a tremendous job creating one of the most technically ambitious yet utterly stable releases on the platform.

themcnoisy

Previously;

Ghost of Tsushima: Finish the campaign !Done!

Chess Ultra: get into the 1500s where I belong !Failed! Ended on 1380 or so worse at chess now than at school

Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania: Complete world 4 !Done!

To buy:

Gran Turismo 7 !Done!

So Ive been using Gamepass and have played 65 games so far this year and my gamerscore sits at over 100k, bear in mind my profile has lay dormant since the 360 days. Not bad. I will be back on the Playstation in a few months once Ive mullered the last 30 on my play later list, and these are what's coming on my PS5.

Gran Turismo - Finish a further 3 tracks at gold on circuit experience.

Judgement - Start it up properly

FF8 remaster - Complete the initial 5 hours

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

RogerRoger

Previous Backlog:
The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles (no, and I seriously regret that)
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver (no, but I regret that slightly less)
Mirror's Edge Catalyst (yep, revisited and enjoyed)
Uncharted: Golden Abyss (and that's a third no, much to my shame)

My excuse is that three of my former upcoming purchases, er... well, came up, so I got sidetracked by new and shiny games, namely Horizon Forbidden West, LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga and The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe. I also played a bunch of other things in between them, most of which were listed on my wider backlog, so I'm still making some kind of progress.

Current Backlog:
Shenmue III
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis

I'll also get back on Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker at some point, because the influx of PS Plus players looks like it's gonna herald a bunch of new map makeovers and masters.

Upcoming Purchases:
Sonic Origins
Star Trek: Resurgence
Star Trek Prodigy: Supernova
Gotham Knights

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@themcnoisy That’s an impressive number of games played through GamePass, boss! Are you planning to sub the Extra or Premium PS+ also?

@RogerRoger You may not have checked off your prior plan but you have played some monster games nevertheless. Well done.

Interesting to see PS All-Stars and RE3 on deck. Both should be really solid if my experience is anything to go by. Also both are fairly brief so can be completed rather quickly, especially in comparison to the hours that I assume Shenmue III will require. It seems that maybe Injustice whet you’re appetite a little bit for playing another fighter (PS All-Stars). The different win and fail system of these platform brawlers do take some getting used to, but I think All-Stars was better than it got credit for and I wouldn’t mind a resurrection of the franchise. Not sure if you’ve played Super Smash Bros. but I could never wrap my head around the combat in that, but I was able to platinum All-Stars. It’s probably mostly because I had higher motivation to stick with it because of my love for the characters.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Thank you! Still feel real guilty about The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles, though. I reckon I'm gonna have to start over from scratch once I'm back in the right headspace for it.

And cheers for the thoughts regarding All-Stars and RE3. With regards the former, it'll actually be a return to my PS Vita copy, which I've had since launch (or near enough). I played through with the characters I recognised at the time and then dropped it pretty hard, but now that I've gained some wider experience in and around the PlayStation ecosystem, I'm keen to return and spend time with characters I'd ignored before, like Ratchet, Cole McGrath, Colonel Radec and PaRappa. I doubt my efforts will get me any closer to the game's platinum, but I'm just in the right mood to revisit it right now. As you say, along with that character recognition factor, playing Injustice recently must've sparked something.

Can't say that I've ever played a Smash Bros. game for more than mere minutes and so, like you, I never suffered any kind of disconnect with the just-different-enough mechanics of All-Stars. I seem to recall enjoying what I played of it, but it's been a long, long while!

And yeah, am looking forward to RE3. Playing through a pair of classic Tomb Raider games reminded me of how much I adore the PSone era, and so I scrolled through my collection of PSone Classics on my PS3 and remembered how much I'd enjoyed RE2 a while back, when y'all played the remake as part of Game Club and I joined in with the original. Definitely another "current mood" pick!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger So many memories with the All-Stars roster… many dormant characters there. Kat was a DLC character. I think there was Fat Princess, which just feels… awkward to even say now. Sweet Tooth, who is making a comeback. The aforementioned Cole, Parappa, Radec…
Could you imagine if we had a new one with Aloy, Spider-Man/Miles, Ellie, Jin, Sam Bridges, Astrobot, Ash from Concrete Genie, Trico… the character roster could probably rival Super Smash.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Th3solution I'll need to check to see whether Kat was added to the PS Vita version. I definitely would've played as her at the time, since I loved the original Gravity Rush, but I can't recall. But yeah, there were some proper curveballs in there! The roster totally captures a moment in time; for example, you've got Dante, but it's the young punk Dante from that DmC reboot, and then there's Metal Gear representation, but it's not Snake, because Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance was coming out, so it's cyborg Raiden. Even the inclusion of Colonel Radec hasn't aged all that well, given how fleeing a character he was!

Oh my goodness, yes. PlayStation lean on their mascots a lot more nowadays, so an updated roster would be far more memorable and accessible! Love your suggestions, too! The full thing could be...

Aloy
Ash
Astrobot
Chloe Fraser
Connor (from Detroit: Become Human)
Deacon St. John
Ellie
Jak & Daxter
Jin Sakai
Kratos (new design)
Miles Morales
Rivet & Kit
Sackboy
Sam Bridges
Sweet Tooth
Trico

Perhaps with Trico, you'd actually play as The Boy, and Trico would be summoned for attacks?

Alas, I think we've missed the marketing window for Atoi from Tearaway and Sir Galahad from The Order: 1886 but maybe they could be part of a fan poll to decide DLC characters. Depending on how successful this new PS Plus retro catalogue is, you could also consider Gabe Logan from Syphon Filter, the kid from Ape Escape, and somebody other than Heihachi from Tekken (because he's had his turn already).

As far as popular third-party promotional characters go, I could see Sony licencing Cloud from Final Fantasy VII Remake, the new Leon Kennedy from the Resi remakes, and Agent 47.

Making It So Since 1987

themcnoisy

@Th3solution Not for now Sol, there are literally never ending games on Gamepass. I can't keep up.

I really want to buy and play Demon Souls or HZD2 on my PS5 when I can. Either game would be better* than the stuff I have been playing graphically and as an overall package. Although when you can give Lawn Mower simulator a spin, complete Yakuza 6 then play pacman for twenty minutes there's something great about it in itself.

Also as a bit of a tight git these days. Ive only ever had 3 months Gamepass since January which my mum in law got me. Supplementing the sub by depositing Microsoft rewards points for monthly subs and now it doesn't run out until April.

That boon will pass as it's not as if I can play 65 games every 6 months. Or will want to keep playing the games on the weekly / monthly challenges. So I will enjoy it for the short term.

How are you anyway mate?

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Oh mercy, that’s one fantastic lineup. Substitute Tifa for Cloud and add Cal Kestis, Selene from Returnal, Jesse from Control, and 2B and I’d pre-order in a heartbeat. Special Edition even.

@themcnoisy Doing great, chief. Sounds like a nice set up with so many games to choose from. A real gaming cornucopia. I’m mulling over the PS+ Extra tier, but honestly, my existing backlog is a library in its own right, so there’s always something I’m in the mood for in my pocket. So we’ll see.

But yes, Demon’s Souls Remake is super-duper, you’ll love it if you like the Souls challenge. And I’m also getting close to buying the Horizon sequel. That game looks absolutely stunning. My problem is a lack of free time. Working like a dog and never seem to have as much game time as I want.

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Selene!! Knew I'd forgotten somebody important and recent so yeah, absolutely include her. I'd personally opt for Barret over either Cloud or Tifa but alas, we all know how marketing departments work and so, if anybody was gonna make the leap, it'd probably be Cloud.

Making It So Since 1987

Anti-Matter

Backlogs:
Horse Club Adventures
Kitaria Fables

Upcoming purchase:
Paw Patrol On the Roll
Paw Patrol Adventure City Calls

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

themcnoisy

@Th3solution Time is on my side this year. Practically the whole of last gen I was time poor with a young family, working a distance and my mum not being well. Now I still have kids but my youngest is 6 nearly 7 and the boys are at the end of secondary / A-Levels / College. Expensive but need hardly any support other than cleaning up after them. My shifts have settled down and we aren't going away until next April. So it's been pretty great tbh.

Hopefully your work calms down, so much stress a few years back It doesn't seem worth the hassle. I made a call last year to not be used in work, so asking me to cover - I want something back + extras. Got a pay rise (not that it covers the cost of living crisis) and I always go home on time. In the past if I had something to do, I would always stay behind. But those 15-25 minutes add up. I now do it the following day. If it's effecting results, well they need to pay me for an extra hour or two a week. Simple ROFL 😂

Th3solution

@themcnoisy Bruh, that’s sound advice. And timely. Today I was about to leave work at closing time with everyone else and I felt guilty leaving work behind, so I stayed late. Again. I need to be kinder to myself. Those 15-25 minutes do add up. Thanks, buddy. I needed to hear that!

Ralizah

Ralizah wrote:

Over the next few months, I'd like to:

• Complete The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC on PC. ❌
  • Complete a 100% re-play of Super Mario 3D Land on 3DS. ✔️
  • Grind enough daily and weekly challenges in order to finally get the platinum trophy for Rayman Legends on PS4. ✔️
  • Get up to HR100 in Monster Hunter Rise on NS. ✔️
  • Purchase and begin playing through the Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak expansion. ✔️
  • Purchase and complete Cuphead: The Delicious Last Course on NS, which is the upcoming expansion for that game. ✔️
  • Purchase and begin playing through Xenoblade Chronicles 3 on NS. ✔️
  • Start playing an unplayed backlogged game of some sort. ✔️

Pretty good, I'd say. For the record, the backlogged game in question was Trials of Mana (PS4 version). Probably won't bother beating it, though. It's pretty bad.

New goals through the end of the year (12/31/22, to be exact).

• Complete The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC on PC.
  • Complete Criminal Girls: Invite Only on PS Vita
  • Begin playing, complete, and obtain platinum trophy for 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim on PS4
  • Complete my playthrough of Xenoblade Chronicles 3 on NS (currently 92 hours in and on the last chapter, but there's so much great side content left to get through; it's a lot like The Witcher 3 where it's arguably more of a draw than the main plot quests most of the time).
  • Begin playing and complete the single-player portion of Splatoon 3 on NS.
  • Play at least some of every major multiplayer mode in Splatoon 3 on NS.
  • Get up to MR100 in Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak on NS.
  • Battle all of the monsters added to Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak on NS thru the most current title update at least once.
  • Begin playing and complete at least one route in Ys Origin on NS
  • Complete two NG+ playthroughs of Triangle Strategy on NS: one of the liberty route that emphasizes different choices than in my first playthrough, and one of the Golden Route with all maxed out characters.

Edited on by Ralizah

Th3solution

How quickly time passes…
Did I follow my backlog plan? Did I shrink it or grow it? Let’s see —

>>>>>>Previous Backlog plan —

PS5
Kena: Bridge of Spirits - done ☑️ (I never did write that review I wanted to though)
Immortals: Fenyx Rising - partial ➖. Started and in progress. Enjoying it, but it got overshadowed by some other games atm.
Yet undetermined multiplayer live-service game - Hmm… this isn’t quite what I had in mind, the purpose of this plan was to nudge me out of my comfort zone, but I’m going to give myself a ☑️ for playing (and will still be playing for the foreseeable) Gran Turismo 7. With constant updates and a robust MP aspect (which I’m not engaging in 😛) it is technically ‘live-service’.

PS4
BioShock 2 - Another partial ➖. Never actually completed it, and I think I’m close to the end. I should do that.
Life is Strange 2 - Nope. ✖️
Uncharted 2 - Nope. ✖️

Previous planned purchases
Horizon Forbidden West - Nope ✖️
Uncharted Legacy of Thieves Collection - Nope ✖️
Sifu - Nope ✖️

>>>>>>>>New Short-Term Plan —

PS5
Immortals: Fenyx Rising - I’d like to finish this game over the next month or two.
Gran Turismo 7 - A game to which I am properly addicted, at this point. I expect this to be something of an evergreen in my library, but hopefully I complete the single player ‘menu’ campaign this month.
The Stanley Parable - I’ve got an Ubisoft open world adventure going, a racing game in process, and so I need some balance by playing… whatever this is.

PS4
Little Nightmares - I’m actually close to the end of this, playing it on the side with Game Club. Should be able to dust it off imminently.
BioShock 2 - Maybe I’ll finish this too.
Uncharted 2 - Let’s try again.

>>>>>>>>Next Planned Purchases —

Horizon Forbidden West - It’s still not ‘if’ but ‘when’. If I see the price drop enough then I might pull the trigger.
Uncharted Legacy of Thieves Collection - ditto, again.
Upgrade to PS Plus Extra - I don’t think there’s any new releases I’m dying to buy within the next 3 months (undecided on when to get Gotham Knights and GoW Ragnarok), so I think I’m going to give the service a spin for the last 5 months of my Plus sub instead of buying any new games. I’ve got a list going of about 20 games on the Extra tier that I don’t own but am curious enough to try.
😒 …just what my backlog needs… to instantly balloon by another 20 games 😅.

RogerRoger

@Ralizah Wow, that's gotta be one of the cleanest sweeps we've ever had! Not that you should beat yourself up for still playing Trials in the Sky considering everything else you completed, but is there any specific reason it fell behind? I see you've carried it forward, so it can't be a terrible game, right?

@Th3solution If it helps, Horizon Forbidden West is still getting patches, tweaks and minor content updates, like new Photo Mode options and face paints and whatnot, so it's not like it's a totally finished game at the moment anyway. Same with Sifu, a game I keep considering (now that it sounds easy enough to actually enjoy) but then leaving when I see it get yet more features and quality-of-life improvements. Makes it difficult to know the right time to pull the trigger. Here's hoping you see some good prices during Black Friday and holiday sales, at any rate!

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic