Forums

Topic: General PlayStation 4 Thread

Posts 1,061 to 1,080 of 1,231

nessisonett

@KratosMD Don’t forget Fallen Order, an actual single player Star Wars game. I agree, it’s nice to see these games actually being made.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Octane

KratosMD wrote:

all three of Sony's main games from E3 2015 will have been released.

You make me feel old lol.

Octane

KratosMD

@nessisonett Yeah this generation has in general seen so many fantastic games that I'd never predict would appear on these systems if you asked me about it one generation ago. Like I still can't believe we have a genuinely good Spider-Man game on PS4, or a God of War game that's not about death and destruction all the time.

@Octane If anything, that makes me feel old. I was still in my teens when those games were shown in 2015, lol.

KratosMD

nessisonett

@KratosMD Back at E3 2015 I hadn’t even sat any exams yet! Good lord that’s almost 5 years ago.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD @nessisonett @Octane If you guys feel old, imagine what us that remember playing the original FFVII 20 odd years ago feel like!

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

There is no longer a good time to release a game. There are only less s**t times to release a game

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Very true! I’m lucky to have been surrounded with so many great consoles growing up and FF7 was one of the games handed down to me by my uncle when I was about 6 so in a way, it’s just as much in my childhood memories as some of the older ones here!

KratosMD

Speaking of which, it's also incredible how many remakes of PS1 games we've seen this generation: the Crash trilogy, the Spyro trilogy, Resident Evil 2 and 3 (the GameCube remake of RE1 is also on PS4), MediEvil, Crash Team Racing and of course Final Fantasy VII Remake. Almost makes PS1 an obsolete system now! Not that I mind since buying these games physically on PS1 would cost a small fortune.

KratosMD

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD That is the one thing I will miss with Sony being absent from E3 are those gob smacking reveals. Xbox don't have any titles with that kind of pulling power, and Nintendo already have all there big hitters in rotation. Seeing Metroid Prime 4 in action would be hella cool though.

@mookysam I get my walking stick!

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

There is no longer a good time to release a game. There are only less s**t times to release a game

Thrillho

@JohnnyShoulder One of my friends from primary school had it and we used to play it together so much. I remember beating the final boss with him.

I also remember the booklet that game with the game having the back page telling you that you’ll need to buy a memory card to play the game.

Untitled

Edited on by Thrillho

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho I didn't play it until I had a PS2, as it was a bit more expense with all those discs. But yeah I remember the case. I probably had dozens of those memory cards in the end! Never did finish it, or any other Final Fantasy game I've played.

Matroska

Man, every time the BBC covers gaming it's like they hired my dad.

Untitled

Matroska

PSN: Matroska_

andrew20

Should I get a PS4 now or wait for ps5 and hope for backwards compatible

andrew20

PSN: TOUGHDUDE94

nessisonett

@andrew20 BC has been confirmed but it depends if you want to play PS4 now. Also, it’s looking likely that coronavirus will delay PS5 so you might want to consider that too.

JohnnyShoulder

@andrew20 Nothing has been confirmed yet, so we can only guess at the moment. But it is still being released in Holiday 2020, until we hear otherwise. If the coronavirus does effect the ps5 there might even be just a limited release.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Draco_V_Ecliptic

Dark Souls Remastered vs. Dark Souls 3 anyone? I believe the first game is arguably harder, although I made it up to Seath the Scaleless, playing offline, but kept getting cursed and killed and gave up, the last trophy I earned for it was the Lordvessel. I, however, always wanted to go back and finish that game after finishing DS3, it would be nice to 'complete the circle' , so to speak. Do you think it's worth going back to it and starting from the beginning now that I have a new PS4, so in other words; bearing in mind that I would have to go back to the beginning and beat O&S again, although this time I have access to the internet on my PS4 and can summon help? I beat DS3 that way, although I only summoned help from other players for the last two bosses, and my only other summons in the game were for the Abyss Watchers and Pontiff Sulyvahn, I used Black Hand Gottard.

Edited on by Draco_V_Ecliptic

"Guinevere herself was unworthy of the love she inspired, but then a queen steps so lightly even when crushing a louse.."

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

JohnnyShoulder

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Yes, do it. I had got upto a similar position in the game, the caves before Seath. I was not entirely sold on the game then on the 360. But after playing the other games, when I played the remastered version I saw it through new eyes. Plus sections like blighttown are not a juddering mess and it is a relatively smooth experience.

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Absolutely give it a go again. It’s my favourite Soulsborne by a country mile. It’s such a tight experience compared to the other games and there are way more shortcuts, so it feels like the one world more than the others. The Duke’s Archives down to the cave with Seath are particularly nasty however and I dread going there every playthrough!

Draco_V_Ecliptic

@nessisonett @JohnnyShoulder Have either of you played King's Field? I was interested in checking it out as a pre-Miyazaki FromSoftware game. Is it similar to the Souls games? I hear it is, but I thought the quality might suffer from Miyazaki's absence. I'll be sure to go back to Dark Souls Remastered as well, but only if I can summon help for Seath, my SL was pretty high when I was playing it before but that curse just kept taking me out. I know the cursebite ring is in the New Londo ruins somewhere but the directions I read about online just weren't sufficient to help me find it, and those 'ghosts' just kept getting me!

"Guinevere herself was unworthy of the love she inspired, but then a queen steps so lightly even when crushing a louse.."

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic