Forums

Topic: General PlayStation 4 Thread

Posts 1,561 to 1,580 of 1,795

colonelkilgore

@Jimmer-jammer hadn’t even considered that actually, where are you based? I’m UK gmt+1 (while its British summer time anyway, will be gmt+/-0 when the clocks revert).

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore I’m MDT which appears to be about 6h difference? I think...

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

colonelkilgore

@Jimmer-jammer that’s fine bud, I get a day off in the week (normally a Wednesday but it’s gonna be a Friday until mid-way through June) and I’ll just game through the night on a Tuesday or Thursday night (depending on whether I have a Wednesday or a Friday off) and then sleep in on my day off. We’ll make it work bud... I pulled about four all-nighters with a Canadian guy to plat MGS: Peace Walker in January.

**** DLC!

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore okay cool! I can try and work it on my end to play earlier one day or something too. We’ll just communicate and make it work 👍

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

colonelkilgore

@Jimmer-jammer yeah it won’t be a problem mate, I’ll let you know when I get around to starting it and I’ll keep updating you with my progress towards Sissna on CoS difficulty.

**** DLC!

Kidfried

Unfortunately my favorite sports don't translate that well to video games: ice skating, cycling, swim- well, you know, everything that's a race.

I enjoy the occasional game of Fifa or a tennis game, but I'm not about to pay full price for a game like that

Kidfried

bluedex

I wish I had more time to game 😭
I have a big backlog of wicked-looking games and pretty much loved every game I've played since I got my ps4 last summer. How long do you guys play for every day/week?
I try to get on every day, normally about 30-40 mins in the morning before work (which will end when WFH ends and I go back into the office), same at lunch time and then if I'm lucky an hour or so late at night.
Weekends can be a write-off gaming wise, more often than not.
I'm just interested in how other people fit their gaming time into their days and weeks...

bluedex

nessisonett

@bluedex Doing uni work from home has made it worryingly easy to play games. Normally I’d be in and out of the city centre every weekday 9-5 like a proper job but now I can just do work a few hours at a time, spread out across the week. Just getting an hour or two to play a bit of Tony Hawk or make some progress in AC Odyssey helps break up the day.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@bluedex Thankfully, I work from home, and can manage my time with a high degree of flexibility. Means I can write off a whole week and just play games if I want to, whereas other times I'll end up barely playing anything. It's dangerous, so I have to be strict, but lately I've just surrendered to it and figured I'd burn myself out eventually. I'm getting there.

It's a shame you don't get much time at weekends, as those used to be my gaming haven when I was working full-time elsewhere. Lockdown has been a cruel taste for those with office jobs!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@bluedex I usually get 2-3 hours per night after I've finished work, eaten, cleared up and watched some TV. I've been working from home since March last year, so have lost the travelling to and from the office each day but have replaced that with walks, weather permitting.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

bluedex

@JohnnyShoulder thanks guys. 2-3 hours in a day sounds like a dream!
I dunno where I'm gonna get the time when I'm not working from home 100%. Spending some time with my spouse is kinda important (I guess 🤔 😄) where we watch Netflix for a bit etc.
I'm thinking of getting up earlier to play. The problem with late nights struck me last week when I had a few too many glasses of wine at the weekend, played Witcher for over an hour, then had to go back to a previous save point the next day coz the story was a bit blurred in my memory 🤣

bluedex

Th3solution

@bluedex I have a variable schedule as well. I average a couple nights a week for an hour or two each night, then do the majority of my gaming on weekends. A good weekend without commitments could yield 8-10 hours. And then sometimes two weeks goes by with no game time. Sometimes I get into a TV mood or a movie mood and the gaming takes a hit. PlayStation is keeping these statistics on us, so I’d like the PS5 to start to give us a breakdown of our time playing by day of the week, like they did for the end of the year wrap up a few months ago. If I recall my wrap up showed that Saturday was far and away my heaviest gaming day.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

@bluedex i work 35 hours per week over four days, so my fifth ‘week day’ (non working day) is always 100% game time. Not happy unless I get a minimum 10 hours in on that day. I also try to fit in around 5 hours of gaming in on top of that spread throughout the week.

This week however, I’ve injured my back and been immobile... and consequently been unable to go to work, so I’ve probably averaged 12 hours per day. If it wasn’t for the pain and discomfort I’d swear I was in gaming Valhalla!

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@TrueAssassin86x That’s interesting. Makes me want to replace my PS4’s battery.
But like he says, thankfully the PS5 plays those discs via BC. But still, it’s an annoying requirement to have the battery active if you can’t connect to the servers. It’ll likely never apply to me personally but you never know.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

TrueAssassin86x

@Th3solution
I posted another video for the Ps5 makes me kinda second guess my future PlayStation purchases especially since people are claming Xbox doesn't have this problem

Fan of games not consoles.

PSN: TrueAssassin86x

Th3solution

@TrueAssassin86x I saw that. It’s good to see that at least the PS5 will play most all PS4 discs even when the battery is taken out and internet turned off.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a patch eventually. It’s a problem weren’t not likely to have to face for many years, for the PS4 anyways. PS3 might be an issue within the next few years, but hopefully the concern from the gaming public has Sony’s attention so they simply keep the PSN authentication servers up. So long as they do that, we’ll be okay, or at least patch the requirement for authentication out of the firmware.

Edited on by Th3solution

nessisonett

It turns out not all my trophies transferred correctly to Tony Hawk’s PS5 version and so the platinum is impossible to achieve. I’m gutted to be honest, only got a few trophies left to get and I’ve almost finished one of the hardest trophies in any games I’ve played.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Th3solution

@nessisonett I wonder how that happened?! That stinks! Well, does it mean you can go back and at least earn the platinum on PS4 though?

ChaosCreature7

Happens. to a few games. Sometimes they never get a fix. Doom 2016 was one of those games. Platinum's feel a little more pointless then they already did though thanks to the removal of Communities. I mean they were bragging rights and now they're really not even something to brag about. In regards I see posts of people who support it and say things like "what were communities?" on reddit. I personally used them for several games from MMORPGs to team building and support and just regular banter chat with about games or giving tips to those needing them.. I think it's just one more poor decision from Sony since the start of the PS4 era of gaming. Previous consoles and games Sony seemed all for the consumer and quality of the experience as well. In regards they're taking pages out of Microsoft and Nintendo's flaws from shut downs and pushes to furthering the newest console. I'm honestly thinking of just building my Steam Library at this point as it keeps it's communities and I won't lose out on any of my past games unless the creator of the game does something like Microsoft for Fable 3. lol. In regards I still won't go down Microsoft's route as lack of trust with their consoles and lack of great exclusives to enjoy asides Fable which when was the the last decent Fable game? lol.

With Sony falling behind because their consoles can't end up better then a PC I use to think Sony's best option would be keep the console gaming but also start developing their platform on PC. However it seems Sony is doing less and less with the assumption they're on top and don't need to do anything. However that's not the case they're falling behind. They aren't making big announcements at things like E3 anymore and they don't really show us anything that makes their new console seem desirable anymore. There also taking away things that helped their console thrive so it's more of a disappointment. I already had issues of Sony also not fixing half their features like messaging in the past. Took them a year and a half to fix it so I could sctoll up and read my friends messages. Any thoughts about Sony moving forward?

Edited on by ChaosCreature7

Vincent Wolf

PSN: ChaosCreature7

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic