Forums

Topic: General PlayStation 4 Thread

Posts 1,041 to 1,060 of 1,795

Thrillho

@JohnnyShoulder From the digital vs physical thread I see you’ve had the disc eject problem. What solutions have you tried so far?

Mine has finally stopped doing it after doing the above things.

Untitled

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder wrote:

@Thrillho Mine does that too. At the worst it would eject the disc or put the console into rest mode when I was playing a game. It would also turn on randomly. It got better when I took the rubber foot out but then would occasionally start doing it again. Keeping it free of dust seems to help, and i do not recall it playing up since I've stopped using discs a couple of months back.

@Thrillho It been a lot better since since I stopped using discs. Even if I wasn't playing a game on disc I would usually have one in the console, but I've stopped doing that now (the last one was Ass Creed Orgins).

But then last night as I was going to bed it kept turning on randomly. After the third time I just left it, it turns off anyway after an hour of activity. Earlier I turned it in and I had that warning message telling me off about turning off the console properly and it had to check the system storage.

Looks like I will be doing a Thrillo and cleaning it out! Don't think I have a weird ass screwdriver either.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Thrillho

@JohnnyShoulder The cleaning was a secondary thing as that won't stop it ejecting. There's the manual eject screw you can tighten which doesn't involve opening the console fully (just taking off the casing) and helped me initially.

Otherwise, it's a Torx screwdriver and opening it up properly. A friend says the Pro model can be opened up normally but I have an old standard model.

This vid was what I followed;

Good luck SOLDIER.

Thrillho

Rudy_Manchego

Hey ho y'all.

Thinking of treating myself to a new game in the upcoming PS4 sale. Tempted by a Yakuza game but no idea where I, as someone who has played the whole lot, should start. In a way, I'd like one of the more modern games with the quality of life improvements. Might not go for it but interested in seeing which one is best.

Also, going to delicately clean my PS4 Pro tonight after reading @Thrillho inspirational posts.

So basically, new PS4 needed tomorrow.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Thrillho

@Rudy_Manchego Definitely start with Yakuza Zero. It's a prequel made with the best game engine and has one of the strongest stories from all the games I've played.

It's where I started and you'll miss a few in jokes and nods to later games that were made before it (the wobbly wobbly timey wimey issue of prequels) but it is a great game. The first chunk can be a bit tedious as it's walking between cutscenes to set the game up but it made my top 5 PS4 games for a reason! Also, it's on Playstation Hits so at worst will set you back £15 or so.

As for cleaning the console, the hardest part is getting in. After that, I didn't tinker with much and it's still working a few days later with the added bonus of being quieter and not constantly beeping at me. Good luck!

Thrillho

nessisonett

@Rudy_Manchego Yep, Yakuza Zero is the best one to start with. One of my favourite games of all time, not just PS4.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho Thanks I will check that out and look do it over the weekend. The only other thing i can think of is that I had a controller on top of the console, so may have been pressing down on the casing slightly.

@Matroska Alas, I only have a peasant PS4, so only half of the lid comes off. I've done it before to replace the internal hdd, so kinda know what I'm doing. Thanks anyway!

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Rudy_Manchego

@LN78 Going to get that and Resident Evil 4 for £6.49 even though I have it on 3 other consoles because I just have a hankering to replay!

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

Rudy_Manchego

@LN78 Yeah me too - I find the Switch versions, even on sale, are just that bit too much for me to pay when I can play it on GC, PS2 or Wii already...

Rudy_Manchego

@LN78 I know it really changed the gameplay I found and a shame they didn't do more than just port the other console versions over.

Th3solution

Does anyone else wonder why some games take so long to save your progress and some do it very quickly? In fact, some games are saving in the background and you never even know it. I’m always paranoid about turning the game off in the middle of a save in those games that don’t have a little spinning icon in the corner to alert your it’s saving, but I figure if you exit the game through the game’s menu properly that you’ll always be okay not accidentally interrupt and corrupt a save.

But the last two big games I’ve played have remarkably different speeds of saving. I’m playing AC Origins now and the little spinning triangle in the corner indicates the game is saving and it does so quite frequently and it only takes a second or two. Each time you pick up a treasure, change your weapon, get to a new area on the map, etc. - it saves really quick for you.
On the other hand, playing Jedi: Fallen Order I noticed the saves were less frequent and occurred at the meditation points mainly, and the save indicator spun for quite a while longer - like 5-10 seconds.
It’s strange because if anything, I think AC Origins has such a larger world, more variables with all the NPCs, areas, pick ups, weapons, etc - so how can it save your progress so quickly?

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@Th3solution If you put the GBA Pokemon on x5 speed in an emulator, the saving is actually 5 times quicker. I don’t put too much stock into saving icons anymore.

Thrillho

@Th3solution I guess it’s the same as backing up my laptop; the less frequently you do it then the bigger the file needs to be for more new data so the longer it takes.

Thrillho

AdamNovice

I'm feeling really dejected right now cos of the TLOU2 leaks. A game that I've been waiting for since 2013 and now through no fault of my own, key plot points have been spoiled when I was not even looking for them. It all just feels very hollow now.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

nessisonett

@AdamNovice It happened to me with FF7R. Honestly, I probably would have finished it by now otherwise but it does feel very hollow. Given the idiots are out in force going on about how ‘woke’ it is, it makes me more likely to pick up TLOU2.

nessisonett

@LN78 From the leaks, the only things I can pick up on that might offend some people is, and this is extremely loose terms, gay people being slightly happy or there being more than one female character in the game. There’s literally nothing to be offended by unless you’re just a bigot. I don’t exactly get how anybody could feel sick of diversity or inclusion in games considering Ellie is basically the only gay character in a big AAA game and her, Aloy and Lara Croft are mostly the only women. Off the top of my head, I can’t even name a POC that you play as in a recent big AAA game other than one of the guys in GTA V. The backlash is nonsensical, it’s hardly intruding on the number of white dudes you play as in games, that majority won’t be going away for a long long time, possibly ever. I do believe anybody using the word ‘woke’ derogatorily is an idiot, it’s a buzzword that doesn’t really mean anything and if that’s the only nuanced argument they can have, I doubt their argumentative competence.

nessisonett

@LN78 It’s utterly baffling but yeah, I’m not exactly a big fan of the series (I’ll play it soon, I promise everyone!) but genuinely fully expect to see a backlash of MGS2 proportions. All sorts of rumours will be flying about so I really hope none of you end up getting spoiled because from what I’ve heard, it would have been brilliant to experience those twists blind.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett @LN78 This has been rumbling on for ages now, ever since a trailer showed two girls kissing. Like you say the people that are up in arms over it probably have no idea what went on in the previous game and DLC. Even if none of that happened, I still do not get why some are upset over it.

I'm hoping not to get anything spoiled about the game, I'll just avoid all content about it as I don't really need to know anything more about the game at this stage. I don't have too many real life friends that would spoil the game for me either.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic