Forums

Topic: General PlayStation 4 Thread

Posts 1,041 to 1,060 of 1,231

Jaz007

My launch PS4 hasn’t had any issues so I have faith the launch PS5 will be just fine. I might get the GameStop warranty too as then I can literally just get a new one by asking if anything is wrong. I haven’t heard of the launch PS4 having issues from anyone else either. But yeah, nothing should be wrong and if there is that’s what warranties are for.
Come to think of it my launch 3DS didn’t have any issues either.
I don’t know, I just think getting new generational hardware the day it releases is a ton of fun and makes it all the more exciting.

Jaz007

nessisonett

I’m probably moving away for a year next summer as I have an industrial placement as part of my degree so I reckon if I end up getting a PS5 that leaving my brother the Pro would at least tide him over until I get back. I really like the boosts to games like God of War but the fact Star Wars runs so badly even on the Pro worries me as there are bigger games coming this year.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

kyleforrester87

@Jaz007 yeah I’m not worried about any issues with launch machines. There’s a risk, but you got a years warranty as standard and the enjoyment factor far outweighs any worries I have.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

JohnnyShoulder

@Jaz007 Same here, well I got it a few months after launch. Mine gets a bit loud at times and it occasionally turns on by itself when a disc ejects at random times. Apart from thst its been fine though.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

There is no longer a good time to release a game. There are only less s**t times to release a game

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Rudy_Manchego

@kyleforrester87 I agree on the Pro - if you use your PS4 a lot and you have the setup, I actually didn't mind the upgrade. I was dubious when they first announced it and thought it was a rip off but after seeing it and having a go on a demo version I actually thought it was worth the upgrade. I sold my OG PS4 and got a good chunk towards the new machine, I've had hundreds of hours of entertainment, the HD is better and larger and it has improved my gaming experience. So if you are a big PS4 gamer and can afford it then why not? If you aren't bothered, also no problem. I felt no pressure to upgrade other than it seeming worthwhile to me.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

https://jambags.co.uk

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Kidfried

I think the PS4 delivered on it's promise, right?

For those with the TV to support it felt like a small but nessecary upgrade, meanwhile Sony managed to keep everything running pretty good on the OG PS4's.

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

So i clicked on the 'Games under £16' on the Featured on PlayStation section in the What's New tab on the PS4 home screen. Turns out not a lot of games under 16 quid lol.

Untitled

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

There is no longer a good time to release a game. There are only less s**t times to release a game

Jaz007

@JohnnyShoulder Most of those look above 16 quid lol. I think I see one at 65, which is four times 16.

Jaz007

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, what on earth?! Why is Dragon Age Inquisition £65?

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

————————

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

JohnnyShoulder

@Jaz007 I know right! It was there all weekend goading me.

@Th3solution I thought it was the edition with all the dlc, but it is only the Dleuxe version which I belive only has a few bonus extras.

Arugula

What's Kojima up to now?

Anyone see the 1917 style tease he put out?

Arugula

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula Quite possibly hinting at DLC for Death Stranding.

WebHead

I can see us getting one last PS4 themed state of play next month, focusing on TLOU 2 and GoT.

WebHead

PSN: JTPrime93

JohnnyShoulder

@WebHead Are you sure you can wait that long?

Arugula

Persona 5 Royal. So it's got a lot of new content, maybe it's just about worth another $60 price tag depending on who you ask. Yesterday I realised that there's 3 versions of it with the most expensive being $100. W.T.F.

Arugula

Kidfried

@Arugula many games have a 100 euro/dollar digital edition nowadays. I don't get it myself, but there are those who value getting everything over a reasonable price. It's FOMO.

I used to think it was strange. But it's quite normal now.

Kidfried

Arugula

@Kidfried My point is that it's a retread though. I get it when it's something brand new but this is P5 with extra stuff. I just think it's pretty heinous that they still have the balls to hold back DLC content to the tune of $40 over the full price. If it wasn't such a universally loved game or published by EA/Activision/Ubisoft it would be getting torn to shreds.

Arugula

Kidfried

@Arugula I agree that they should have just released all the Royal stuff as DLC for Persona 5. I think that's what makes it a bad deal for people who already have the game.

It's like the different Pokemon versions. It's a very Japanese thing to do, and also very old fashioned. But yeah, people will fall for it. It has a tiny predatory vibe to it.

But I didn't play P5, because I was waiting for this edition. So for me, paying full price for a three year old game with a lot of extra content feels fair enough.

Kidfried

Arugula

@Kidfried You're in the unique position of it actually being a good deal, yes! I hope you enjoy it!

Good point about Pokemon, it's preying on people's desires to be completionists. I recently played Pokemon Sword, my first title since Yellow and I really enjoyed it but thankfully it's not really in my nature to feel that compulsion to see all, do all and collect all. Once the story was over it was basically see ya later and Inteleon and I rode off into the sunset.

Arugula

KratosMD

Isn't it cool that we live in a time where games like Final Fantasy VII Remake, The Last Guardian, Kingdom Hearts 3 and Shenmue 3 exist? Games that have been in development for such a long time and that we thought would never come out. I just came to think about this now that the demo of FFVIIR has been released. And when the full game comes out next month, all three of Sony's main games from E3 2015 will have been released. It's such a great time to be a PS4 owner right now!

KratosMD

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic