Forums

Topic: General PlayStation 4 Thread

Posts 1,081 to 1,100 of 1,231

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic King’s Field games are worth playing as a curiosity but they’re really not balanced, fair or fun in the slightest. They’re interesting in the sense you can see the influence it had on the Souls games though.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

JohnnyShoulder

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Not played any of em unfortunately, just know that they influenced parts of the Souls games.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

There is no longer a good time to release a game. There are only less s**t times to release a game

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Jaz007

@Draco_V_Ecliptic KF is Souls before Souls was a thing. It's incredibly difficult and has that same dark fantasy atmosphere. It's very difficult (I died like 6 times before understanding there was a pit of lava 5ft in front where you start in the game) and more unforgiving than a Souls game. I got frustrated and quit, but remember the areas I went through pretty well, kinda like how Souls is memorable. If you're interested in the history and a PS2 (very early PS2 at that) era Souls From game in first person that's more maddening than Dark Souls, check it out. If you don't have copious amounts of patience to deal with it, then skip it.

Jaz007

Draco_V_Ecliptic

@nessisonett @JohnnyShoulder @Jaz007 I'm going back to Dark Souls Remastered now, as I said I would, I've just started and I'm in Asylum Demon territory again. The visuals in the remastered version look gorgeous and I'm going for a Berserk Guts build (I'm currently engaged with volume 2 of the manga, as I heard it inspired Dark Souls) . Have any of you read Berserk? Do you like it?

"Guinevere herself was unworthy of the love she inspired, but then a queen steps so lightly even when crushing a louse.."

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

JohnnyShoulder

Glad you are enjoying your time with DSR. No not read any of Beserk only a couple of pics of the internet. Can see the SoulsBorne influences even from that brief look.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

There is no longer a good time to release a game. There are only less s**t times to release a game

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

The first NieR is being remade for PC, PS4 and Xbox One

Though it's the version with the brother main character instead of the version with the father.

Platinum may be involved with it? Some other company is doing most of the work apparently

There's also a NieR mobile game called Reincarnation but... It's a mobile game so...

Edited on by Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

Ya don't need to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all ya need is something simple, like someone to take care of - Aigis Persona 3

PSN:GoddessFoxy-E

》My No Commentary PS4 Youtube Channel《

nessisonett

@WebHead More goes into a game than just releasing it. They need to be printed, distributed, marketed etc. There are more important things right now than a game not releasing on time.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

WebHead

@nessisonett I get it but this isn't the first time they have pulled this. Not to mention their crunch culture and I have mot really enjoyed their last few games anyway.

WebHead

PSN: JTPrime93

nessisonett

@WebHead The Last of Us doesn’t even appeal to me and I’ve still not played it cause I can’t be arsed so each to their own.

nessisonett

So Outer Wilds won best game at the BAFTAs which is interesting. I’d heard it was good but not that it was really GOTY potential. There were also big wins for Disco Elysium and huge disappointments for Control. I forgot Control was on Now so I’ll probably give it a go.

Octane

@nessisonett Outer Wilds is really good. I'm playing it right now. It's definitely the puzzle-y exploration type of game. But if you're into those, it's very rewarding. And there's little handholding, the game doesn't assume you're stupid.

Octane

nessisonett

Looks like the leakers were right, the PS Store says that Spider Man is on Now until the end of July, it just hasn’t updated on Now yet.

andreoni79

Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey is on sale now and I would like to know your opinions.
Has anyone tried it? Thanks!

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

Thrillho

@andreoni79 I’ve heard it’s fun if you think of it as a sort of concept game but that it is very fiddly and the lack of explanation for mechanics (although done by design) just makes for a frustrating experience.

Thrillho

Thrillho

The disc eject problem on my PS4 has been driving me crazy recently. I ripped the rubbed foot off the bottom and that seems to have made things worse 🙄

I’ve got a Torx screwdriver on order to open the thing up to tinker even more. What could possibly go wrong??

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Yikes! What is it doing, just randomly spitting your discs out every so often?

I hope your tinkering pays off.

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@RogerRoger It's a pretty common problem on older models where the eject button randomly triggers. It's happened for years on mine but normally stops or can be sorted by tightening the screw underneath it which you normally use to manually eject discs.

But over the last few months it's got loads worse. I pulled the rubber foot off which can help but only seems to have made it worse. The last things I've seen to try are to pull back the internal bit of metalwork that the external button presses on; pulling the eject button off altogether; or covering the actual sensor with tape.

These all need you to open the console up but the screws are security screws that need a specific screwdriver.

I haven't bought a physical release for well over a year as it's fine playing digital games as the worse that happens is the console makes the beeping noise that pressing the button makes (but it now does this INCESSANTLY) but sometimes tries to eject a disc that isn't there.

Rant over.

Thrillho

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic