Forums

Topic: Goodbye/Vacation Thread

Posts 501 to 520 of 1,065

crimsontadpoles

I really don't like the thin skinned argument. There's nice ways to disagree with someone, and then there's toxic ways. If some trolls or fanboys start insulting someone, then it's natural that someone could get upset by that. Whoever is being toxic is obviously the one at fault here.

Though I dislike that argument, I'm not disagreeing with it. Growing a thicker skin would be a useful thing for me as well.

kyleforrester87

@crimsontadpoles You're absolutely right of course, but then don't get drawn into discussions with people if you feel like your comments are not being respected. And like I said, respect works both ways, sometimes people who deep down know they should be above all that get so entrenched in the point they are trying to make, they can't see the wood for the trees. If you are going to debate with people who are not respecting your opinion you simply DO need a thick skin, or some other strategy (I prefer sarcasm, it's super easy) or you're just going to get upset at yourself for rising to it. When it gets to that point you're both being trolled and trolling yourself, frankly.

People can help themselves by maybe choosing there language a little more carefully, being aggressive and matter of fact about things is asking for trouble. And if you think someone is being rude maybe give them the benefit of the doubt in the first instance 🤷‍♂️

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

themcnoisy

@kyleforrester87 'Some of the longer standing members are long standing purely because they are a bit on the sensitive side'

Or maybe it's because they like Playstation games and discussion?

Anyhow this isn't the first time or last time it will happen. Kratos did a lot for the community so hopefully he just needs to clear his head. He may not have realised the threads closed when he closed his account. If your out there bro good luck going forward and feel free to rejoin any time.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

nessisonett

@kyleforrester87 I can imagine how bad the comments were though, all I said was that I liked Xbox’s wee show thing and about 5 smiley faced accounts created 10 minutes ago jumped on me and called me an idiot. If he was actively replying to them, it can get in your head. I hope he’s alright, I think we’ve all seen a bit of an increase in toxicity around the articles just because of Coronavirus and the bizarrely revitalised console wars.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Ryall

I have difficulty taking anything anyone without a profile picture says seriously. It’s like they have no face.

Ryall

HallowMoonshadow

It hasn't even been three days yet of my little break and not only have I missed a cuphead for PS4 announcement (I honestly didn't think I'd ever get to play it) but more importantly KratosMD has disappeared?

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Ralizah

As far as I'm concerned, browsing the articles got 100x better when the ignore function went live. I won't hide the comments of forum regulars (even ones I'm not hugely fond of), but it works brilliantly when it comes to not having to see all of the drive-by trolling that regularly happens in article comment sections.

NL and PS both share that same dynamic of a fun community hidden behind a crass, fanboyish exterior.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah I’ve still yet to use the ignore function. I kinda feel like I should still see comments from people I disagree with wholeheartedly but it actually would work for some clear trolls. I noticed a certain figure on NLife seems to have disappeared who was either a troll or just very very devoted to Nintendo.

JohnnyShoulder

@Ralizah @nessisonett Yep report em and ignore em. Or get to about comment 50 and see the same two people are just going round in circles and stop reading lol.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

HallowMoonshadow

Well I hope you're ok KratosMD should ya read this after you've cleared your head from whatever set this off.

I still don't like Laura in Trails Of Cold Steel all that much unfortunately... But I think you'll be pleased to hear I'm enjoying the game thoroughly (Bit regretful in fact that I didn't share my opinions on it more regularly other then that initial chat about it) and from the way things are going I'm looking forward to playing the second as well.

It's a shame I won't be able to re-read your Trails Of Cold Steel 3 review with an actual appreciation for the series... As others have said you really are passionate about gaming and I hope whatever happening hasn't soured that at all

Hope we see you back soon Kratos

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Ralizah

@nessisonett Yeah, I'm not talking about normal disagreements. I mean the fanboys who clearly can't be reasoned with, and who are toxic every time they post a comment. I believe there's value in talking with those I disagree with, but I draw the line at wrestling in the mud with pigs.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

@Arugula I can try and cobble together the remnants of the Game Club thread, we’ve pretty much just started Bioshock but I can’t really remember what we’ve got coming up.

HallowMoonshadow

I think DMC V was the next title on the docket @nessisonett

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

nessisonett

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Yep, that was it, plus I think we were going to do Resi 2 Remake for Halloween.

HallowMoonshadow

I have no idea who wanted to play DMC V besides Kratos though unfortunately @nessisonett. Can't quite remember who was playing Bioshock either.

I hope the renewed game club topic goes smoothly as like you said in the new topic's description it was a pretty good idea.

I'll see you, and everyone else of course, in 11 days. Take care of the weekend quiz topic in my absence!

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Th3solution

A bit late to the discussion here, but I would feel remiss if I didn’t say something in support of KratosMD. Sucks that he’s gone and I do hope he pops in again. He had a palpable passion for his gaming and was arguably the most prolific gamer on the forums. The guy would complete 2-3 games per day! I would always be amazed at how quickly he’d gobble up game after game. It would take me a month to finish even a fraction of what he accomplished in a weekend, as far as game completion. And he was always very agnostic as it relates to console — playing games on all the 3 big consoles. The fact that he pledged allegiance to the Series X may have been the stroke that brought some idiot troll’s ire down upon him, but we all know he was, if nothing else, honest and forthright in his opinions and wasn’t prone to get entrenched in any one console (unlike myself).
If you’re out there mate, stay cool and we hope to hear from you on the flipside.

Why do I feel like I’m giving a eulogy? 😅

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic