Bayonetta Studio Platinum Is Bringing Avatar Spin-Off Legend Of Korra To The PS3 and PS4

Posted by Damien McFerran

Downloadable title being published by Activision

Famed developer Platinum Games is bringing Nickelodeon TV show Legend of Korra to home consoles, with Activision handling the publishing duties.

Responsible for titles such as Bayonetta, Vanquish and Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Platinum is producing the game for the PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. It will be a downloadable game as opposed to a physical retail release.

Korra writer Tim Hedrick is on board to provide the story, which occurs between second and third seasons of the show. Legend of Korra is a spin-off of the popular Avatar: The Last Airbender series.

Here's some more detail, taken from the official press release:

The Legend of Korra is a single player, action-packed brawler, in which Korra's mastery of martial arts and the four elements – fire, earth, air and water – can be used on the fly to bolster her combos and counters against foes. Throughout the game, Korra's polar bear-dog, Naga, will aid her in high-speed traversal segments. The game also brings to life the series' competitive sport, Pro-Bending, in which teams of three use the elements to fight for territory in an arena.

Are you a fan of the show? If so, will you be picking this up? Or do you plan to make a purchase purely down to the fact that Platinum is involved? Bend a comment below to tell the world.

[via uk.ign.com]

AeroZeppelin

AeroZeppelin said:

Huge fan of Last Airbender ( and by Last Airbender i mean Avatar the Last Airbender as in the show not that god awful M knight shyamalan garbage! ) also love Korra so i'll def be picking this up

ToddlerNaruto

ToddlerNaruto said:

I am a fan of Korra, but not sure if I'll buy this game.

(I've never played any of the other Avatar/Korra games, but I've heard they were all terrible).

TasukiStaff

Tasuki said:

Probably will rent this before I buy it to see if it's worth the purchase. I love the tv series but I have my doubts when it comes to a video game based off of a tv show.

FullbringIchigo

FullbringIchigo said:

@JaxonH Minecraft got a physical release so I don't think it's a size issue that's stopping it getting one, maybe it's just activision being greedy as they have full control of the price of digital versions of their games

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

@JaxonH

Isn't the other game the one that is coming to 3DS? Also Korra but an RPG instead of a brawler. I think this one does not hit Nintendo systems, as this very article states.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

@sinalefa

Not sure, now you've got me confused lol. I thought I read they annouced 3DS also, but maybe I misunderstood. Let me read up on that and get back to you.

EDIT: Ok, so the game is coming to PS3, PS4, 360, X1, PC and 3DS, but the 3DS version will be a SRPG similar to how Transformers on 3DS was a separate SRPG version.

Alpha

Alpha said:

Ok i really want this if its like Rising and Bayonetta Combat wise, fast paced and really action heavy lol. I love Platinum Games games.