Soon You'll Be Able to Lay Your Light Fingers on Thief for PS4

The perfect crime

The next generation release calendar may look lighter than a law abiding citizen’s purse, but Eidos Montreal’s imminent Thief reboot looks set to stuff your PlayStation 4 with some much needed swag. Due out on 25th February in North America and 28th February in Europe, publisher Square Enix has confirmed that the game has gone gold. No one tell protagonist Garrett, though, otherwise he might steal it out of our hungry hands.

Assuming that the master disc doesn’t get secretly snatched away, the developer’s deployed a brand new trailer demonstrating what you can expect from the game. It seems that the studio’s built its dark Victorian fantasy tale around choice, allowing you to slip through the shadows like a materialistic phantom – or eradicate any obstacles in broad daylight. Moreover, a multitude of difficulty settings will allow you to tailor the experience to your tastes, enabling you to dress your screen with hints and tips or keep things a little more minimalistic.

Are you planning to loot this title from your local store, or avoid it like a potent plague? Act like you’re an upstanding citizen in the comments section below.

[via blog.eu.playstation.com]

Related Games

TasukiStaff

Tasuki said:

Looks interesting it but I am getting ready to move in a few weeks so that means no new games for me for awhile. :(

goonow

goonow said:

Never played a thief game so i will have to give this a try. I love watching him cut the painting out of the frame lol

Bad-MuthaAdebisi

Bad-MuthaAdebisi said:

It looks really decent but I'm churning through my backlog until infamous arrives. The more I've seen the more I've been impressed but I'll wait for a proper review...

Remixora

Remixora said:

Could any one tell me if you have to play all the other Thief games to understand the story line on this one? Or is this a whole new story?
Thanks!

Remixora

Remixora said:

@get2sammyb Alright! I guess I'm preordering this right now! I hope it's not too late to get it on release day.
Thanks for the fast response!

Cyrso

Cyrso said:

Wouldn't it be cool if you extinguish the candles in the game by covering the lightbar of the DualShock 4 and make the lightbar shut off (and lighting up again when nearing another candle that Garret can extinguish with his hands) (if you have a camera, so it can recognize that)?

Okay, maybe that sounds like an unnecessary gimmick and maybe it would get annoying after a while. But of course it would be optional.

Edit: the lightbar is already being used for indicating your visibility, so that's a much more practical gimmick. Ignore my gimmicky idea.

charlesnarles

charlesnarles said:

@BornOfEvil since when is 1st person awkward? Do you have out-of-body experiences often? :) If anything, it'll be easy to get used to, right?
I think everyone's really gonna think back to Oblivion's sneak-mode, as it was basically copied mechanics-wise from the original Thief.

BornOfEvil

BornOfEvil said:

@charlesnarles First person is great, but I just don't think it suits a stealth game - I also have a problem with Dying Light being third person. And I've only had 3 out of body experiences and they were not fun.

Ps4all

Ps4all said:

@get2sammyb I've heard a lot of rumors that this game was a mess. I'm surprised its releasing so soon. Supposedly they were having trouble with the development. Any word on that?

Beaston61

Beaston61 said:

If this game is like the old classic Thief games, then we are in for a treat! The original games on PC are still playable (thanks to a modding community!)
~If this games was Third Person, it would be a big injustice to the originals and could not be considered a Thief Game.
Personally,having loved the original games, I am unsure about this one, it depends on how much has changed since the original & what "new" features have been impletemented. (Can't be doing with another game where you can just run around pressing L1 and everything lights up (Tomb Raider))
One thing though is it looks alot like Dishonored... anyone else agree?