Rumour: Europe, You May Be Getting a Free Copy of Dead Nation for PS4

March's meaty PlayStation Plus offering leaks

It seems that Resogun developer Housemarque has been busy porting its macabre isometric undead-'em-up Dead Nation to the PlayStation 4, as speculation suggests that the arcade shooter could be gunning its way into Europe's PlayStation Plus lineup for March. Despite not even being announced for Sony's next-gen super machine, the Finnish outfit has been hinting at something to do with the franchise for quite some time, so it's not exactly outside of the realm of possibility.

Moreover, the site making the claims also leaked February's offering for the premium subscription service, which we originally dismissed due to it looking too good to be true — before it eventually was confirmed by the platform holder itself several weeks later. As such, don't be overly surprised if the remainder of next month's offering includes Tomb Raider and Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons for the PlayStation 3, as well as Smart As and PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD for the PlayStation Vita.

Obviously, it's always worth approaching any rumour with a sizeable pinch of salt, but we suspect that executives at SCEE will be stomping around the office all next week if a second PlayStation Plus schedule has been successfully leaked. The big question is: are you happy with the hypothetical offering, and are you willing to blast some brains all over again in Housemarque's darkest downloadable endeavour to date? Fire a round of opinion into the comments section below.

[via gamepointsnow.com]

Chris1975

Chris1975 said:

Didn't get around to playing it on the ps3 but heard it was a great game none the less so looking forward to it if the rumour is true!

RawShark

RawShark said:

Oh God dammit I bought both of those games last year. Both good games mind, but god dammit.

rjejr

rjejr said:

US got Brothers very recently so that makes sense. TR is out on the PS4 so thats a real possibility as well. Cant think of anything I'd rather have than TR.

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

I suppose it makes sense for Sony to be bringing these PS3 games onto PS4 as part of PS+, since the newest console doesn't have a huge library to draw from yet.

Shaolin

Shaolin said:

Dead Nation is possibly my favourite PSN game of all time! If this game doesn't get you into twin stick shooters then nothing else is likely to.

I definitely wouldn't be interested in a straight ps4 port though because it was more than capable enough on the ps3. What I, and all the other Housemarque fans out there want instead, is Dead Nation 2 on ps4!!

-CraZed-

-CraZed- said:

I played the you know what out of Dead Nation. I would love to see a PS4 port of that game! Cross Buy please!

banacheck

banacheck said:

I think SteamWorld Dig is the next PS+ game which is releasing as a cross-buy title for both PS4 & PSVITA next month or Basement Crawl. I also think Housemarque next game is Dead Nation 2, but I could be wrong.

seeafish

seeafish said:

Dead Nation is brilliant. Loved it on PS3. Housemarque are just a brilliant dev.

RawShark

RawShark said:

@RyoHazuki don't be so quick to write off Brothers or Pixeljunk Monsters - they're both great games. Brothers is a sweet Boy's Own adventure with a Scandinavian touch that tells a compelling story, and Monsters was one of the best tower defence games of the PS3 generation. Hell even Smart As was supposed to be an OK knock off of Brain Training.

rastamadeus

rastamadeus said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Payday 2 is in there over Tomb Raider. Is free this month in the US and surely releasing the PS3 version of a game that has just days ago been released on PS4 (at full price) makes no sense even for Square-Enix? Sure Tomb Raider will be on PS+ but in a couple of months time.

Reverend_Skeeve

Reverend_Skeeve said:

Yay! :D I love Resogun and heard good things about Dead Nation. Also, I'm a sucker for twin stick shooters and zombies, so I hope this is true.

Even better: Dead nation is available in Germany as well (I live here). Sadly it happens quite often that gory games get cut here or not released at all, but since DN is available on the German PSN store, I hope we will get this rumored PS4 port as well. I would even pay for it. ^^