More Special Treatment as PS4 Gets Best Version of Ground Zeroes

Posted by Finlay Milligan

Snake in at 1080p

Following industry legend Hideo Kojima's praise of the PlayStation 4, new details have revealed that Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes will run at 1080p on Sony's super machine, compared to 720p on the Xbox One. Both next-gen instalments will run at 60 frames-per-second, while the PlayStation 3 version will run in 720p at 30 frames-per-second.

In a recent blog, Konami posted a number of screenshots comparing both versions of the hotly anticipated prologue to Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain. As speculated, the PS4 will also get a special limited edition console to celebrate the release of the title. Are you surprised that yet another multiformat game has pulled ahead on the Japanese giant's latest device? Sneak into the comments section with your thoughts.

[via konami.jp, eurogamer.net, vg247.com]

Related Games

Epic

Epic said:

Not a suprise but will still cause alot of controversy in the upcoming weeks with the whole graphics debacle.

Sony said before the generation started that it wanted to be the best destination for multiformat games. Looks like it succeeded?

divinelite

divinelite said:

The irony that mgs5 is announced first time for xboxone at e3 by kojima himself lol

Reverend_Skeeve

Reverend_Skeeve said:

@get2sammyb It would seem so indeed. Guess the X1 will catch up a little eventually, but the slower GPU is a fact. With all examples of multiplat games up until now, I think we can safely assume that future multiplat games on PS4 will run smoother or at least equally good than on the X1...

Curious about the flame wars after this. Maybe I'll head over to IGN this evening to amuse myself. :)

@BornOfEvil Made me lulz! :)

eLarkos

eLarkos said:

Isnt this like the most intensely bad news for xbox? Thats a big difference between consoles but more importantly (detrimental) is that the difference is in resolution which is something gamers feen over. I dont see xbox doing very well at all this gen. Sony seriously killed it this time.

Itachi

Itachi said:

The crazy thing is after seeing the comparisons, the Xbox One version barely edges out the PS3 version.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

If Tomb Raider can run 1080p on X1 I don't see why this shouldn't. The system can't be that weak.

charlesnarles

charlesnarles said:

@eLarkos I think so too and srsly can't believe they're releasing games at the same res as last gen. Hm, I can get a PS3 and GZ for ~$250, or I can get an xbone and a comparable GZ for ~$560. Hmmm.

goonow

goonow said:

It looks way better than mgs4 and its on the same system. I will be playing the ps4 version. Its kind of a double edged sword, cause this means that its not really a next gen game. Phantom pain should look much better still, if it is exclusive to next gen.

Shaolin

Shaolin said:

I didn't need a comparison video to tell me that MGS will look great on PS4...... but it certainly does look mighty fine doesn't it :)