Hurry, All of Gran Turismo 5's DLC Will Be Removed on 30th April

Posted by Kell Andersen

Better be quick

To herald in what many are declaring to be the all-digital era, Sony has recently announced that it'll be removing all of Gran Turismo 5's DLC from the PlayStation Store on 30th April. This follows the news that the game's online services are planned to be completely shut down.

It's not all bad, though, as you'll still be able to download the Racing Car Pack and Course Pack if you've installed the driving sim's family upgrade. However, if you've bought the Paint Pack and Racing Gear Pack, make sure that you've got them downloaded before the above date, as you won't be able to nab the content after that time. What's more, Gran Turismo TV will be shut down on 14th March, and any remaining online services will be completely removed by 30th May.

Does this announcement wheely grind your gears? Are you sick and tyre-ed of this sort of news? Do you find Sony's online shenanigans exhausting, and think that it's steering the series in the wrong direction? We're burnt out on car puns, so, er, give us a brake in the comments section below.

[via eurogamer.net]

NathanUC

NathanUC said:

Give me a brake. We auto know that the GT community has already shifted to GT6 and no longer clutch this titles online mode or dlc.

baconcow

baconcow said:

Good thing I raced over to PSN and picked up a copy. This really slows the issues with all-digital content. Maybe I'll checker out the new game before I wave the red flag on my PS3 and buy the faster machine.

ScribeThePen

ScribeThePen said:

So... if I had previously purchased this and then my PS3 breaks and I get a new machine - I will no longer be able to re-download?? I see this as a problem.

Reverend_Skeeve

Reverend_Skeeve said:

@get2sammyb @k_andersen Which Lamborgenius came up with all those puns?! Stop, this really Benz my mind!

@ScribeThePen Ayup, this seems to be the case...but then, this was always gonna be the downside of DLC/full digital releases...when the host of the servers (Sony or MS) decides to pull content off the net, you're basically out of luck if you still haven't got a local backup somewhere.

CasuallyDressedStaff

CasuallyDressed said:

Of Corsa, this will disappoint a Lotus players. Then again, not everyone can a Ford to buy DLC; some of it is Astra-nomically expensive.

jgrangervikings

jgrangervikings said:

Racecar is spelled the same way forward and reverse. They can drive us all away from their GT5 DLC, but they can never take away the racecar.