Have a Bloody Good Time with the Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Demo

Posted by Edwin Garcia

A fair crack of the whip

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 is only a couple of weeks away from launching on the PlayStation 3, but starting today in North America, you'll be able to have a little taste of what's to come with a free downloadable demo. It was previously only available to those that purchased the Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Collection, so this is your chance to get in on the fun.

The demo will highlight a good mix of what is to be expected in the full retail game. You must fight your way out of Dracula's throne room while taking down countless enemies that are now rushing the castle. You will have the lashing Shadow Whip, the soul eating Void Sword, and the defence breaking Chaos Claws at your disposal. This is your opportunity to get familiar with the new additions to the title's Mercury Engine that is supposed to make the imminent sequel bigger, better, and, like protagonist Gabriel, much darker.

[via blog.eu.playstation.com, blog.us.playstation.com]

Shellybird27

Shellybird27 said:

Ill definetly check it out. This game looks pretty cool, but wayyy to many games coming out soon, for me to get this unfortunately, maybe later down the road.

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

Really enjoyed the first one and Mirror of Fate on the 3DS so I will be looking into this one at some point.

FullbringIchigo

FullbringIchigo said:

thedemo is fun if a little short but then again it is a demo so....

PS: I've had the demo ages I got it with Mirror of Fate HD

SuperSilverback

SuperSilverback said:

Would i need to play Mirror of Fate before i play Lords of Shadows 2? Dont wana be missing any plot lines. Such as how Alucard came to be

rjejr

rjejr said:

Played it lwst night until I died, probably got thru most of it, no sign of any whip though. My kid walked in and asked if I was playing DmC which I thought was funny.

Im very happy for the added camera control. Yet another reason I can wait on PS4. Wonder if sales will suffer b/c of it being on a "dead" system?

LDXD

LDXD said:

@rjejr did the games combat feel any different then the 1st Los less god of war-ish? I will probably get this game don't feel like DLing the demo lol
I hear its more open world and an option to turn off the qtes

rjejr

rjejr said:

@LDXD - It felt like every other game I've ever played going back to Soul Reaver on the Dreamcast ;-)

The demo is only 735mb if you feel so inclined. There is an option to turn off the QTEs but I didnt see it until after I stopped playing the demo.

I think it did play like GoW but I think my son thought it was DmC b/c of the color scheme and sounds. Which makes me want to play GoW w/ Dante's character, music and sound effects to see how different it feels. This game does have camera control on the right stick which made me happy, but I coudlnt find a lock-on button, which I don't like. I was happy, it was fun. That's saying a lot for me.

LDXD

LDXD said:

@rjejr thanks for the responses, I think I'm going to just buy it on the 25th I did enjoy the first I just thought it was to much like gow
I like that they have a way to move the camera also seems like to me they fixed some of the issues I've had with the first one
Edit: I also read or herd somewhere that this will be ported to the ps4 later don't know if you plan on getting it at all but its something to think about I'm just gonna get it for my ps3