Cut Through a Few Minutes of Capcom's Strider Reboot Running on PS4

Hiryu go

If you were worried that the Metroidvania aspects added to Double Helix’s re-imagining of Strider would slow down the pace of the side-scrolling classic, then you may want to breathe a hearty sigh of relief. This footage taken from the Taipei Game Show demonstrates how swiftly you’ll be able to dismantle foes in the upcoming PlayStation 4 escapade, as well as revealing a minor boss fight in the process.

The game looks much better in motion than it does in static screenshots, with the slick frame-rate and fog effects adding a lot of personality to this clip. The title’s due out next month on Sony’s next generation system, alongside a slightly less glamorous PlayStation 3 port. Will you be sharpening your button mashing skills in preparation for this release? Stab us with your Cypher in the comments section below.

[via youtube.com, neogaf.com]

Swinny

Swinny said:

Double Helix, the very name puts nothing but doubt and sadness into my mind. Them words, ''Double Helix'', it translates to ''The people who brutally murdered my beloved Silent Hill'', in my head.

Bad-MuthaAdebisi

Bad-MuthaAdebisi said:

This looks like a lot of fun but I don't think I'll be buying this for my console. I'd prefer it on my vita.

ReigningSemtex

ReigningSemtex said:

To be fair to double helix from what I have heard they didn't do too badly handling killer instinct

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

Yeah, Double Helix has always been a disaster, but I have somewhat renewed faith in their abilities after seeing Killer Instinct. I'll most likely be buying this one.

goonow

goonow said:

Its just like ninja gaiden for nes. I mean you can run and slash without stopping and your blade is short so you have to get close. This is a day one buy for me.

Chris1975

Chris1975 said:

Loved Stryder back in the day on my Atari ST so will deff be snapping this bad boy up.