Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends Complete Edition Has a Silly Name

Posted by Kell Andersen

Oh, and it's releasing on the PS4 and Vita next year in Europe

Video games have historically had trouble in the naming department. Beyond: Two Souls and Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark are two particularly egregious examples from the past twelve months. But far and away the absolute worst name of recent memory has to go to Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends Complete Edition. It was recently announced on the Tecmo Koei Tumblr page that the updated brawler will be releasing in Europe on the PlayStation 4 and Vita sometime in Spring 2014. Admittedly, the game does combine both Dynasty Warriors 8 and Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends, but we really think that the publisher could have come up with something a little more creative than just slamming the two names together.

In truth, we're sure that Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends Complete Edition will be a lot of fun – we did give its bare bones iteration an 8/10, after all – but the sheer excess of its title can't be denied. On the plus side, the name's ludicrous length does artificially boost our word count, which means that we have to do less work. Hurrah. Will you be picking up this updated edition, or did you already play the original? Hack and slash your way into the comments section below.

[via tecmokoeieurope.tumblr.com]

Related Games

MadchesterManc

MadchesterManc said:

@get2sammyb I tweeted @ShogunRok about it as soon as I posted earlier but Ive not heard from him so I guess he's still gazing into the sunset all starry eyed lol I can't wait for this. Suprised with the Vita announcement but its definetly welcomed :) Now I have some incentive to get a Ps4 before spring

Jaz007

Jaz007 said:

Now they just need to announce Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires for PS4, that's the game I want.

MadchesterManc

MadchesterManc said:

@ShogunRok With this news Id be doing a 'mourinho' to the counter of my local gamestore if it wasn't for the fact Id be getting told the Ps4 is sold out once Id grinded my knees to the bone getting there :| luckily Ive got till spring

Seeing the Vita get the same version as the Ps4 tho makes me -
Untitled

Epic

Epic said:

I will be playing this on my Vita TV when it finaly comes outside of Japan.

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

@MadchesterManc HA those poor knees...

Agreed about Vita - great that Koei is finally giving a Warriors game a port on Sony's handheld outside of Japan.

Punished_Boss

Punished_Boss said:

Well i can't deny the support Tecmo Koei have provided to PS Vita with games like Toukiden TAOD, Deception IV Blood Ties And Dynasty Warriors 8: XL CE.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

Alot of DW announcements lately. First the "Hyrule Warriors" Zelda and Dynasty Warriors crossover for Wii U, and now this (I won't repeat that LONG *** name lol) for PS4 and Vita.