You'll Be Listening to Some Stellar Tracks in Grand Theft Auto V

Sony apologises for leak

This is more or less why we can’t have nice things. Sony made Grand Theft Auto V available for download on the European PlayStation Store this week. With the file spanning an enormous 18GB, the company wanted to make it easy for players to download ahead of the game’s release on 17th September. Sadly, the file’s been hacked, and a large chunk of the soundtrack leaked.

The platform holder’s since pulled the download, posting an apology on its website. We’re not going to reproduce all of the leaked tracks here – you can find them easily enough – but some highlights include All Saints’ legendary Pure Shores, Stardust’s catchy Music Sounds Better with You, and Modjo’s brilliant Lady. Alright, they’re all from the pop station, but why would you tune into any of the others?

It’s a shame that this has happened, especially considering that the download was only made available to save gamers time in the first place. Still, with such a big title, we suppose that it was an inevitability. Next time, Sony should probably release the pre-download file a day before launch, rather than a month.

[via blog.eu.playstation.com]

@grenworthshero I get what you're saying, but now no one can pre-load the game, Rockstar's irritated, Sony's in the doghouse, and the implications of this mean that we won't be able to pre-load future titles this early in advance again. That kinda sucks.

Splat

Splat said:

I was actually thinking it was going to take around 20-22 GB's. I'm a big fan of digital but went retail with this one.

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

Is it wrong that I don't really like the look of the soundtrack? I honestly expected better.

charlesnarles

charlesnarles said:

Wow. This is why I hate multiplayer right now. All 19 y/o dudes are unscrupulous jerk-offs. We can't keep taking advantage of Sony, dude. They're gonna disable so many features that we've been excited for so that some a-hole can listen to music he's already heard? GG, nubz0r. Would you hack your bank to get more in your account? No, they'd jail you, take all your money, and change their policies. It's pretty bad, especially right after the stupid greatness awaits fiasco. Poor Sony probably feels so betrayed right now. I hope we still get to pre-DL anything anymore.

Madd_Hatter401

Madd_Hatter401 said:

I think the soundtrack looks pretty good I like the hip hop tracks especially elevators by outkast. The punk groups are pretty good too with black flag and the defendants. I don't understand the distaste for it.

Hetsumani

Hetsumani said:

I's kinda funny, for me at least, all these people complaining about the tracks mentioned and all I can think of is "Who are these bands? I've never heard of them" some are even branded as legendary.

DirectAim

DirectAim said:

This hack benefits no one yet effects everyone.

I'm all for hackers doing there thing to expose corruption or even to expose flaws but this hack just seems to have zero positives and loads of negative points!

Sony also need to figure out security, how can they expect anyone to trust them when they can't grasp simple encryption!