Persona 4 Arena Punching Back with New Characters

Posted by Katy Ellis

Put 'em up

Japanese gaming magazine Famitsu has revealed a new version of Arc System Works' story-fuelled fighting spin-off, Persona 4 Arena. The article also disclosed details about two new fighters: Yukari Takeba and Junpei Iori from Persona 3.

Yukari Takeba is equipped with a pink, angelic-looking bow and specialises in both long-range and jumping attacks, benefiting from her 'Garu' wind skill. Meanwhile, Junpei Iori is armed with a bat and is a much more powerful character, opting for a baseball-style system. According to Famitsu, popular protagonists from the previous game – such as Chie Satonaka, Aigis, Mitsuru Kirijo, and Teddie – will be given some brand new moves and skills to test out in the follow-up, too.

Persona 4 Arena hit the disc drives of European PS3s earlier this year, and garnered a glowing review on Push Square.

[via polygon.com, shoryuken.com]

MadchesterManc

MadchesterManc said:

Considering Im not really a fan of fighting games, I actually enjoyed P4A. I actually still have it on my shelf lol Its good to hear Yukari n Junpei are making thier way to the new installment, although Aigis was already in P4A so I was happy enough :P Ive always preferred P3 so its good for me that more characters from 3 are popping up. @Superconsole Any news on how the Story may play out? a follow up to the story of Arena I guess?

Superconsole

Superconsole said:

@MadchesterManc No news yet, however the demo featuring the new characters is currently touring Tokyo, so I presume more information will slowly be leaked once that's over. At the moment they're focusing on revealing the technical information about the combat rather than story details etc.

Gemuarto

Gemuarto said:

I didn't bought this game because of region lock, also I didn't bought Persona 4 The Golden because of issue with Arena =)).. **** you Atlus.

Sanquine

Sanquine said:

I dont know if i want to buy this game. I rather have a new persona.. Im so in to yukiko right now!

Sanquine

Sanquine said:

@MadchesterManc. True yukiko beautyhttp://www.google.nl/search?q=yukiko+amagi&safe=off&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=G2sOUufgFs7MsgbVnYGYDg&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAA&biw=360&bih=519#biv=i%7C13%3Bd%7CnnPNjaDxm3FpfM%3A

belmont

belmont said:

It would be good if the new characters would be released as dlc, I would not like to pay full price for essentially the same game as I did with Blazblue .

rastamadeus

rastamadeus said:

@Superconsole It also says in Famitsu that it is arcade only at the moment, sadly. The article also talks about how everyone will have new moves, some new animations and shadow characters - but shadows won't have burst moves.

Cloud7794

Cloud7794 said:

Man this really makes me want to play Person 4 Arena again. Anyone on the east coast of the US want to trade blows? PSN: Cloud7794 is my name, and Chie is my game. :P

Superconsole

Superconsole said:

@rastamadeus Yep you're right, arcade only demos touring at the moment, no announcement on platforms but heck - it's gonna happen on PS3, I just know it.