Yoshinori Ono's Playing Deep Down on PS4 Right Now

Pictures prove it

Deep Down, the gorgeous medieval adventure teased by Capcom during Sony’s big PlayStation Meeting earlier in the year, didn’t appear at E3 in any form – but development legend Yoshinori Ono Tweeted earlier today that the title is making “steady progress”. The producer attached an image of what appears to be the first in-game screenshot from the release, along with a DualShock 4 controller and his customary Blanka toy.

Earlier in the week, senior vice president Christian Svensson wrote on the Capcom forums that the title – which is powered by the publisher’s new Panta Rhei engine – is not connected to the Dragon’s Dogma franchise in any way. We don’t believe him. Ono-san added that while the game wasn’t playable at this year’s E3, it will be in 2014. Whether or not it’s a PlayStation 4 exclusive is still not entirely clear.

[via twitter.com]

TromboneGamer

TromboneGamer said:

Well I have my doubts that it will be exclusive, but seeing how Dead Rising 3 is exclusive to Xbone it seems to be a definite possibility now.

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

So does this mean they're going to be taking Dragon's Dogma - probably including its style of gameplay, etc. - and slapping it all together under a new title and declaring it's a new IP? Seems that way to me so far.

Gemuarto

Gemuarto said:

@ShogunRok Dude, Hideaki Itsuno doesn't work on this game, man. So, it can be something really diffirent than Dragon's Dogma. Looks more like dark souls clone to me.

ViciousDS

ViciousDS said:

I don't know that trailer of Deep Down was way different to me in terms of style then dragons dogma..........but man those GFX for a console were and sick and proven to be running real time because there was clipping of the dragon's tail during the part where he knocked down a pillar.

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

I just don't see Capcom throwing away what it's created with Dragon's Dogma. I'm sure Deep Down or whatever it comes to be known as will incorporate a lot of its gameplay elements.

Unless Capcom decides it'll make a Dragon's Dogma sequel AND this as a new IP separately. But that seems unlikely.

Lopezdm

Lopezdm said:

I have been impressed with this game since the first time I saw it. It's very pretty and I hope it's a launch title. I have no game pre-ordered for my PS4 yet so this would be an amazing title to have. It does look very similar to Dragon's Dogma but I think it's a different world all together. You don't seem to have a pawn with you to help you fight.