Forums

Topic: Favorite Video Game Music

Posts 21 to 40 of 275

Slapshot

Shatter does indeed have a fantastic soundtrack, and I was lucky enough to win a copy of it as well

I know this may sound really crazy, but I really like games that allow me to play my personal soundtracks. NFS Hot Pursuit is a blast in itself, but with my latest custom playlist of Demon Hunter, The Devil Wears Prada, UnderOath, A Day to Remember, Decypher Down and Staple (it's all really hard-core Christian rock, with exception to A Day to Remember) adds so much value to the game, as well as any game really that allows me to play my own tunes.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

PSN: crossed23 | Twitter:

NathanUC
slapshot82

Shatter does indeed have a fantastic soundtrack, and I was lucky enough to win a copy of it as well

I know this may sound really crazy, but I really like games that allow me to play my personal soundtracks. NFS Hot Pursuit is a blast in itself, but with my latest custom playlist of Demon Hunter, The Devil Wears Prada, UnderOath, A Day to Remember, Decypher Down and Staple (it's all really hard-core Christian rock, with exception to A Day to Remember) adds so much value to the game, as well as any game really that allows me to play my own tunes.

Hey you too!? I won mine via the PS Blog haha. Did you get a code or physical cd? I got the disc. (re: Shatter)

I love when games have custom soundtrack support.. nothing like Megadeth + Killzone 2 multiplayer. If only Fallout had it though haha... (Fallout music is the suck imo.)

To save our Mother Earth from any alien attack
From vicious giant insects who have once again come back
We'll unleash all our forces we won't cut them any slack
The EDF deploys!!

metal_basher
WaltzElf

Most Final Fantasy music - including the Chocobo game spinoffs.

I also really liked the music of Morrowind and Oblivion - I have those soundtracks.

Yeah Oblivion music is fantastic from start to finish!

...[ PSN: metal_basher ]..

donN

the song of fast 5 is awesome

donN

KALofKRYPTON

Streets of Rage, Streets of Rage 2, Golden Axe- and of the best opening of ANY 16 bit era game, Thunderforce 4!

I'd have to say for PS3 Lair, it's a great score and used very well throughout the game.

Best of all though is Shadow of the Colossus.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

SilentJ

My favorites are probably the soundtracks for Shatter, Super Stardust HD, and Wipeout HD Fury.

The one that caught me by surprise was the Ys Seven Soundtrack.  I don't normally listen to that type of music but it came with the premium edition so I ripped it into my PS3 and gave it a shot.  It's now one of my favorite soundtracks of all time!

PSN ID : MrPink78

KALofKRYPTON

ClassicFM's great station, it and Planet Rock are the oonly reasons to listen to radio at all!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

ztpayne7

I like some classic music like chrono trigger, ff6, ff7...

But of recent times, I have to say I absolutely love infamous 2's cello driven soundtrack.

ztpayne7

daveofduncan

The last of us!

Edited on by Tasuki

In need of a new friend's list. Apply within!

PSN: borntodave

TimeforTravel

Hard to pick one, so here are multiple of my favorites! Most of them are from older games because I feel newer games have good atmospheric tunes, but on their own they're not really that special (the Last of Us one just posted is great

Good memories to this game, and it's the best epic boss battle music I know.

Okami has a lot. Here's one random good tune out of my like 15 favourites of that game. Never played a game with this much great music.

Memories

And this one is probably THE best music I've ever heard in a video game.

Edited on by TimeforTravel

TimeforTravel

Tasuki

Please guys be kind to people with older phones, slower browsers etc. and go easy with the embedded videos.

Instead just post the link to your favorite songs

Thanks for understanding

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

TimeforTravel

Tasuki wrote:

Please guys be kind to people with older phones, slower browsers etc. and go easy with the embedded videos.

Instead just post the link to your favorite songs

Thanks for understanding

Oh yeah, I wasn't aware of that. but they embedded automatically. I think I know how to place links without it automatically embedding, so I'll do that.

TimeforTravel

themcnoisy

The Megadrive Yuzo Koshiro stuff, the PS1 and PS2 nobuo uematsu final fantasy compositions, Sampling masters for the PS1 Ridge Racer and Tekken games, Hideki Naganuma for his work on Jet Set Radio (although my favourite tune of that series is Aisle 10 by Scapegoat Wax).

Pretty much any game from early PS2 backwards I would class as 'game music' everything after its difficult to say. From the xbox era either the tunes are environmental or context related and usually designed in a way to evoke a mood - or just a bunch of tunes by known artists thrown into the game. The obvious change recently is in Indie gaming where the likes of Hotline Miami and Fez both have amazing soundtracks.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

stinkyx

Trying to think outside of the classics here...

Dustforce has a really great, super chill soundtrack (sounds like Robot Science):

Speaking of super chill, this song from the Final Fantasy XV Platinum Demo re-newed my interest in the game. Absolutely love this track:

And for super, SUPER chill, there's this track from Danganronpa that's just soooo relaxing:

Lastly, while we're on the subject of chill, this one's a bit older, but it's the last great piece of music from Silent Hill (IMHO) and one of my favorite:

Edited on by stinkyx

Make it a great day!

PSN: tearatherflesh

BodyW-outOrgans

Any FF game really - though IV and IX, I think tend to be the most exemplary.
Also I've been noticing while watching streams that Disgaea 5 has some great music as well.... ah, and Divinity: Original Sin! This guy http://www.kirillpokrovsky.com/ did the music and he definitely knows what he's doing.

Edited on by BodyW-outOrgans

BodyW-outOrgans

PSN: BodyWithoutOrgan

Rudy_Manchego

I've been listening to the Uncharted 4 soundtrack - a few tracks are suitably rousing, such as New Devon. It is dangerous to drive to, I want to ram other cars out of the way.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic