Forums

Topic: The Push Square Wrestling Thread.

Posts 101 to 120 of 738

Splat

Every Raw since SS has been pretty lackluster IMO. Paul Heyman is the only consistent factor right now. The guy is just pure gold with a mic in his hands...

The Belle Twins stuff is just painfully bad to watch.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

CThrash13

I thought the RAW the night after Summerslam was excellent, with Rollins vs. Ambrose tearing down the house to end it.  And the RAW two weeks ago (Jericho vs. Wyatt in Steel Cage and Orton vs. Reigns) was pretty solid.  The other 3 have been very lackluster though.  Here's to the creative team getting a clue in the coming weeks and turning things around.  Last night's RAW didn't get over 4 million viewers in any hour for the first time since Memorial Day.  They better get some buzz quick and give fans something to keep watching for.  I watch regardless, but not all fans are as patient as I am. LOL

CThrash13

Twitter:

Gamer83
Splat

Every Raw since SS has been pretty lackluster IMO. Paul Heyman is the only consistent factor right now. The guy is just pure gold with a mic in his hands...

The Belle Twins stuff is just painfully bad to watch.

I haven't really watched to be honest, just saw the Raw after SS because I wanted to see what they were going to do with Lesnar having just gotten the belt. I do frequent Bleacherreport.com quite often though, and it seems like they're actually into the Bella stuff. I think both of them are dreadful when it comes to promos, which is really an unfortunate problem throughout the company right now with the exception of a few.

Gamer83

Gamer83

The guy is a complete jerk and always has been.

Gamer83

Unashamed_116

Yeah, to be honest, much as I like CM Punk as a wrestler, I've never liked him much as a person. I think I first realised that when I saw a video of him shouting homophobic slurs at a fan at a house show. Not cool. Plus, his twitter comments give that impression, like when he claimed the Pope was a nazi. Kind of jerk, I think.

On another note, this is my first post on this site! I wasn't even aware there was a wrestling forum here, but I think it's cool that there are other wrestling fans on Pushsquare!

Unashamed_116

Splat
Unashamed_116

Yeah, to be honest, much as I like CM Punk as a wrestler, I've never liked him much as a person.

Pretty much this.

Tasuki

Well Night of Champions was average IMO.  The best match I though was Shamus and Casero for the US Championship.  The Orton and Jericho match was good too.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Splat

I hated the end to the Cena/Brock match. That said it's better than Cena winning...

Tasuki
Splat

I hated the end to the Cena/Brock match. That said it's better than Cena winning...

Agree but that was just set up so Brock and Cena can go at it in a Hell in the Cell match.  That way no outside interference can happen.

My Backlog

Kage_88

WWE didn't want either Cena or Brock losing - so hence the screwy finish. IMO it would've been better if Cena lost again; but the difference this time was that he put up more of a fight.

But of course, Vince doesn't want the kids to view his golden cash cow as 'weak', so...There ya go.

This time, it's a case of business > creativity. Cena just makes way too much money for WWE for him to be perceived as anything other than an infallible superhero for his fans (and I don't mean that in a derogatory way).

The problem is, Vince is thinking short-term. He can't rely on Cena forever. What happens when he retires? Guys such as CM Punk and Daniel Bryan were ready to take up the mantle as the new face of the company, yet they had the rug pulled underneath them time and time again.

Nintendo Network ID: KrissB

3DS: 2621-2629-6453

Xbox Live: GonkDroid88

PSN: Kriss_B

Steam ID: kage_88

GOG ID: KrissB

Feel free to add me!

Splat

That crowd...

Rocky Rocky Rocky!

Also Ambrose is just gold right now.

CThrash13

I thought this week's RAW was another below-average in what seems like a series of below-average RAWs the last 2 or 3 months.  The Rock always makes the show entertaining, but other than Dean Ambrose's inclusion into the spotlight right now, there isn't a lot to get excited about.  I was all for Brock Lesnar winning the title, but his absence definitely hurts on a weekly basis with guys like Bryan, Reigns, Barrett, etc. out with injury and The Wyatt Family not being present in recent weeks.  If there was ever a time to bring the NXT guys to RAW, it's now.  I'm sure it won't happen, but the show is definitely missing some excitement in the wrestling area.

Ambrose is definitely gold though, that's for sure!  There's no way the WWE should have Cena go over Ambrose to get a shot at Rollins inside the Cell, but the WWE doesn't always make the right decisions when it comes to Cena.

CThrash13

Twitter:

Tasuki

Wow was Hell in the Cell a complete joke or what?

First off I like Ziggler and I think he is due a much needed push but to have him take out Caesaro in a 2 out of 3 match and not had Caesaro win one just made Caesaro look week.  John Cena VS Randy Orton (How many times are we going to see this one) .   Then the fact that the WWE Championship isn't even defended on a PPV?  WTF?  I know Brock has his contract and all but if that was the case why make him Champion?  And then the Amborse/Rollins match.  Now let me say I really enjoyed the start of the match is it me or does Amborse remind anyone of us of Tommy Dreamer back from the ECW days?  In fact Ambrose reminds me alot of the old ECW attitude lol.  Anyway great match but the ending give me a freakin breakin Rollins wins again from outside interference?  And of all people Bray Wyatt???  Now dont get me wrong I like Bray but why have him team up with the Authority?  Andy why can't they just let Dean win?  Now they just totally disrupted the Ambrose/Rollins story line cause now Ambrose is going to go after The Wyatt's and Rollins will just fade off like so many other great rivalries.

Yeah totally disappointed with this one I am  hoping Survivor Series will be good since its one of the big 4 of the WWE PPVs but I am not counting on it.

My Backlog

CThrash13

I loved Bray Wyatt returning and taking out Dean Ambrose, but it could have been done after giving Ambrose the win over Rollins.  Rollins has the briefcase and The Authority by his side, so there's no reason to protect him that much.  Ambrose will be fine, but he should've gotten that win.  And if they wanted to have Wyatt come out after the match, more power to them.  I'm highly looking forward to Ambrose/Wyatt for the next few months!

I agree 100% on the Ziggler/Cesaro match as well.  I'm glad they're making Ziggler look strong the last few months, but Cesaro is a star too.  He's not being treated like one by any means, and on top of that, they had Ambrose basically destroy him last night on RAW.

I loved the idea of having Brock win the WWE World HW Title, but for some reason, I really thought they had worked out a deal with him to show up more and get paid more.  That definitely doesn't look like the case now, and I imagine he'll be gone until 2015 (Royal Rumble).  It's not the worst thing ever not having the title on RAW and SD every week, but it definitely hurts when it's not present at PPVs.

As far as Hell in a Cell goes in general, I thought it was a pretty decent even from top-to-bottom.  As repetitive as Cena/Orton is, they had a pretty solid match inside the Cell.  The two RKOs out of nowhere were pretty cool for sure.  I was hoping we'd get Orton/Lesnar just to mix things up, but that didn't happen.

All that aside, I thought last night's RAW was fairly strong.  Cena vs. Rollins was really good, even though we didn't get the clean finish we all love to see.  Nonetheless, it was a fun match.  Rollins can bring out good things from Cena.  I'm probably in the minority, but I enjoyed seeing Ryback return as a face.  I loved his "Feed Me More" run back in 2012, and I'm glad he's getting another shot.  Hopefully, he takes advantage of it.  He improved on the mic as a bad guy, so there is potential for good things from him.  I'm also happy we're going to get a traditional 5-on-5 match at Survivor Series.  It's going to be fun over the next couple weeks to see who Cena gets to be on his team.  That match will surely end up being a pretty good one.

CThrash13

Twitter:

Splat

Cesaro is the new Ziggler. They have a star in waiting right there they just don't see it. If they turned him face and gave him a meaningful feud vs someone like Seth Rollings he would really take off.

Edited on by Splat

CThrash13

Cesaro was probably the #2 or 3 face after his battle royal win at Wrestlemania XXX.  He had crazy momentum (especially using the Cesaro Swing every match), and then they paired him with Paul Heyman the next night on RAW.  He hasn't been the same since.  Normally, I'd be great with Cesaro joining forces with Heyman, but as long as Lesnar is around, whoever is with Heyman will get little to no attention compared to the Beast Incarnate.  The WWE knows how great Cesaro is, they're just being stubborn like they've been with Ziggler, Bryan, etc. in the past.  I was hopeful 2014 was going to be the year of Cesaro, and it was looking good after Mania.  Now, I'm hopeful 2015 will be his year. LOL

CThrash13

Twitter:

Tasuki

Yep I too had high hopes for Cesaro especially after that WM match.  I don't know maybe I missed something like something he said or did to cause WWE to push him to the side, but I think they are making a big mistake.

My Backlog

DerMeister
Thrash13

Cesaro was probably the #2 or 3 face after his battle royal win at Wrestlemania XXX.  He had crazy momentum (especially using the Cesaro Swing every match), and then they paired him with Paul Heyman the next night on RAW.  He hasn't been the same since.  Normally, I'd be great with Cesaro joining forces with Heyman, but as long as Lesnar is around, whoever is with Heyman will get little to no attention compared to the Beast Incarnate.  The WWE knows how great Cesaro is, they're just being stubborn like they've been with Ziggler, Bryan, etc. in the past.  I was hopeful 2014 was going to be the year of Cesaro, and it was looking good after Mania.  Now, I'm hopeful 2015 will be his year. LOL

I agree. Part of the reason I haven't watched Raw recently is because it seems like the best guys are stuck as if they're walking with their pants around their ankles. Cesaro should be IC champ by now, but they've been using him oddly. It doesn't help that every other good wrestler is injured.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.