Forums

Topic: Recent Retro/Misc Gaming Purchases? (Not PS4/PS5)

Posts 901 to 920 of 1,585

belmont

The retro crazy handheld collecting continues as I keep buying cheap Game Boy and Game Gear games.

belmont

Tjuz

@KratosMD Enjoy Saints Row 2! I've played 3 and 4 as well, but 2 is easily the best game in that series for me (and the only one I've finished). I did play it in co-op which I'm sure added to the fun, but you really can't go wrong singleplayer either. Let us know what you think when you've given it a shot!

Tjuz

carlos82

So this little beauty turned up, took a gamble getting it online from CEX and it's in great condition, probably worth a bit more than I paid for it too 😁
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by carlos82

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

Porco

people are selling their ps3 games real cheap these days i have noticed. it is a very good time to complete the collection, especially if ps5 ends up being b/c with physical ps3 games. i see listings ranging from from $4 to $10 for most titles. on ebay, the prices are at least twice that if not more so buying from local sellers is the way to go. here in canada, eb games recently had a promotion of buy 1 get 4 free as crazy as that sounds... they have been trying to get rid of their ps3 inventory. at any rate, these are the latest ps3 games i have purchased in the past 6 months or so:

portal 2
armored core 4
armored core: for answer
the darkness 1/2
folklore
bionic commando
drakengard 3
dante's inferno
ridge racer 7
dead space 1/2
killer is dead
lollipop chainsaw
shadows of the damned
asura's wrath
diasgaea d2
burnout paradise
fear 2/3
motorstorm trilogy
resistance trilogy
virtua fighter 5
spec:ops the line
test drive unlimited 2

there are very few ps3 games i want at this point... the last couple would be nier and el shaddai (this one is looking to be quite rare and will hold its value)

Porco

Porco

@carlos82 great box art. the sega saturn library is very foreign to me!

Porco

carlos82

@Porco it is to most sadly, it definitely has some great box art in its library and I like the look of the big box cases, there's also some unique (though pretty pricey) games to go with it.

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD I thought you could buy the remastered versions of Vanquish and Bayonetta separately?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

carlos82

@JohnnyShoulder @KratosMD yeah you can buy them separately digitally

RogerRoger

I'd always flirted with the idea of trying to tolerate Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock and today, my current interest in the franchise pushed me over the edge.

Got the PS Vita version. It's time I gave that gorgeous little powerhouse some attention.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

mookysam

Bought Vita versions of The Nonary Games and Zero Time Dilemma in the PSN sale. I've wanted to play 999 for an extremely long time (the original DS version was never released in Europe) and more Japanese adventure games and visual novels generally. Plus it never hurts to give the Vita more attention.

It's such a beautiful handheld @RogerRoger. It deserves love!

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

nessisonett

Got paid so immediately got my head turned by the PS Store like a schmuck. Bought LA Noire, which I haven’t played yet and Dark Souls 2, which I played last year on PC and thought was pretty bad but want to give another chance. Anyway, there’s only 1 boss in the Soulsborne series I haven’t beaten yet and it’s in DS2 so out of stubbornness I’m gonna kill it.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

carlos82

I cant believe how cheap PS3 games are these days so picked up a few today for about £20 in total Untitled

carlos82

@KratosMD yeah I've started collecting retro games again recently and never really thought about last gen stuff. Then when out today I looked at the PS3 games and was shocked at how cheap they are and for some truly outstanding games too. It'll definitely be a more regular occurrence for me now I've seen the prices, even better if you need to replace any cases there's a million copies of FIFA for 50p to choose from

Ralizah

@mookysam Never played the Zero Escape games before? You're in for a good time! ZTD is a bit of a mess (that I enjoyed anyway), but 999 and VLR are incredibly memorable. VLR, IMO, has the best puzzles in the series, and it's significantly meatier than the other two games.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

RogerRoger

Tagging @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy because I finally found myself signed in on my PlayStation3 yesterday, so hopped onto the PS Store and grabbed Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver (which was, as you said it would be, a very fair £4.99). Whilst there, I also took a look at the complete list of PSone Classics and despite my abject fear of horror games, I got the original Resident Evil as I'd recently seen some clips from it and laughed at how the steady march of time has rendered its once-terrifying tone clunky and harmless. Next time I'm in a retro mood, I'm gonna be spoilt for choice!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

How strange @RogerRoger as I did actually think about that the other day, wondering if you'd followed through on purchasing it! I do hope you enjoy Soul Reaver whenever you do get round to it and I'll be very interested on hearing your thoughts! Feel free to tag me when you do!

The updated Gamecube Remake for Resi 1 I played last year is still pretty darn good looking for 18 years old... the original unfortunately not. 😂 I'll look forward to seeing your thoughts on that too whenever you get round to it!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RR529

Ordered Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD for Switch yesterday. I know it has a bit of a bad reputation because it's easier than previous entries (and the motion controls of the Wii version were finicky), but I figured the relative easiness of it would make it a perfect jumping on point for a newbie.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Soul Reaver is awesome, the entire Legacy of Kain series is in fact, a real shame we haven't had a new entry in a while

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy REmake looks good now, but it was positively gorgeous back in the day. Probably the most visually appealing game from that generation. Those pre-rendered backdrops made it looks much nicer than it had any right to look.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

HallowMoonshadow

I can certainly believe that it was a visual treat at the time as the PS4 "remaster" didn't seem to overhaul that much, it was already a looker to begin with I can tell!

It's amazing to think it's only six years younger then the original as they're like night and day!

...At least Rog gets to experience that so awful it's great live action intro though with the PS1 original

It's a shame in a way @Ralizah that REmake and begrudingly Resident Evil Zero (god I almost forgot about that mess) will probably be the only gamecube exclusive (Well former) games I ever play.

I played it for the first time last year @FullbringIchigo (Though I do remember the promotion and praise it had at the time). Even gave it a review in the appropriate topic which inspired Rog to try it despite my misgivings with the title.

It had promise with some truly outstanding voice acting, atmosphere, impressive coding, and graphics (for the time) but ultimately I found it to be a product of the time that hasn't aged particularly well with some bad design choices, behind the scene circumstances possibly causing it to be rushed out and a few other things that I shan't spoil for him.

I do plan on trying the sequel to Soul Reaver at some point at the very least as I did enjoy parts of the game and the parts I didn't enjoy most are no doubt made a little easier with the transition to PS2.

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic