Forums

Topic: Recent Retro/Misc Gaming Purchases? (Not PS4/PS5)

Posts 601 to 620 of 1,585

Rudy_Manchego

@QualityGeezer Yeah I have - that is immense. I don't know how he manages it. That said, if it were me, I would never know what to play. I get analysis paralysis with Netflix, let alone thousands of games.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

QualityGeezer

@Rudy_Manchego I know, I watched AJ styles go round his home and was blown away. He has so many random things it's crazy

QualityGeezer

QualityGeezer

@Rudy_Manchego I have no idea lol, he seems to have a lot of friends in high places though as he mentions he gets gifted a lot of stuff. Even so it is amazing, he lives in a big house and I believe he's married with kids so God knows where he gets his money from lol

QualityGeezer

themcnoisy

@KALofKRYPTON good luck lol.

I bought a powerful pc in 2001 for strictly offline stuff. It died about 5 years ago and I miss having an offline pc which doesn't ask for updates and has a minimum of processes max in the task manager (I got it down to 13/14 to run Reason and Sound recorder). Brilliant. It would run all the games upto the end of 2002 no sweat and most games upto until I joined the RN albeit slightly compromised. It was around then WoW and online started becoming king and it was relegated to being used infrequently - like 3/4 times a year for documents or music.

I played around with Linux and had a version which would run from a demo disc from a PC magazine. The cpu overheads were so low. Anyway don't know why I'm typing all this but having an offline PC built to say a great 2005 spec would be awesome!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

darkswabber

I bought quite a lot recently.
Bought a ps2 with 15 games and 3 controllers for €5 (gave the ps2 and controllers to a friend, I kept the games)
Bought a xbox360 with 2 controllers, 10 games and a kinect for €20 (my first ever 360.)
Bought some ps3, wii, ds and 3ds games.
But most notably I bought 14 psvita games over the course of last month (now I have 59 vita games.)
Angry birds star wars
Ultimate marvel vs capcom 3
Street fighter X tekken
Dragon’s crown
Mlb the show 12, 13 and 14
Hatsune miku project diva F (japanese import)
Hatsune miku project diva F 2nd
Persona 3 dancing moonnight/in moonlight (japanese import)
Danganronpa 1, 2, 3 and another episode.

Also I’m planning to buy between 10 and 20 more vita games the 23rd of may.

darkswabber

PSN: darkswabber | Twitter:

Rudy_Manchego

I went to the Manchester Play Expo retro gaming event this weekend and ended up spending lots. Got me Earthworm Jim on Megadrive, Micro Machines (on Megadrive and a game that got me punched in the face as a teenager), Tomcat Alley on MegaCD and Wing Commander 3 on ps1.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

KALofKRYPTON

@Rudy_Manchego Hahaha Tomcat Alley! jeeez! Good buys.

Love Micro Machines. I have a couple of the J-carts for TT and '96. Never did get MM Military though.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

KALofKRYPTON

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Bonbonetti

I just bought Anno 2205 from the recent Humble sale. I've always liked this series but do prefer the sci-fi theme over the classic historical one.

Bonbonetti

Shatter

Moon, Orcs and Elves, and Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars for the Nintendo DS.

Shatter

Ralizah

darkswabber wrote:

Bought a ps2 with 15 games and 3 controllers for €5 (gave the ps2 and controllers to a friend, I kept the games)
Bought a xbox360 with 2 controllers, 10 games and a kinect for €20 (my first ever 360.)

How the heck are you finding retro systems with games that are this cheap?!

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

KALofKRYPTON

Sega are seemingly knocking it out of the park for the MegaDrive mini.
Capcom are on board, Street Fighter II Champion Edition is on the list and the (apparently very good) Retrobit 6 button MegaDrive USB pads will work on it!

Tasuki

@KALofKRYPTON Street Fighter II is nothing, that game and all it's variations have been released so many times on so many consoles. The big news is Mega Man: The Wily Wars is finally getting a physical release!!!

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Ralizah

@Tasuki The really exciting inclusions for me were from a few weeks back. Contra: Hards Corps, Castlevania: Bloodlines, and the Disney Illusion games. Also, Earthworm Jim. All really shocking inclusions.

All I want now is Phantasy Star II, Rocket Knight Adventures, Ristar, and Sonic 3.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Shatter

Wow. I wasn’t aware. I’m amazed some of those games are part of the package. I’m definitely going to have to snag one when they release.

Shatter

themcnoisy

The Sega mini needs a sports game and driving game. I say nhlpa hockey and chase hq.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

KALofKRYPTON

@Tasuki The Mega Drive version of Champion Edition is a rare beast.
I think it came out on a plug & play once and one of the at games machines but that's it really.
The stock version sounds awful (Capcom's fault) but it plays well and it's faster than Turbo.

The bigger news is the compatibility with the Retrobit pads.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic