Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 3,481 to 3,500 of 7,479

Ralizah

@KratosMD Aha, that explains it! It's indeed probably only 20 hours if you just do the main story without exploration or deviation.

I'm with you on the "ultra hard" challenges in the DLC. Some of the more advanced challenges in the main game were ridiculous enough.

Hopefully the difficulty spike in World 3 doesn't hit you too hard.

How are you liking your Pro Controller, by the way?

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Tasuki

@KratosMD I know right . The only time I unattach the Joycons is when I am playing two player games on the TV like Mario Odyssey, Mutant Football League, MK8 and I unhook the Joycons from the Switch and use the holder like thing for the other player.

Having the flexibility for being able to switch (no pun intended) from the TV to portable is a nice touch too and now that the fact that the Switch is getting big games like Dragon Quest XI, Witcher 3 and Outer Worlds its easier for me to play and finish these games since I am not hogging the main TV like I am with the PS4.

My biggest gripe with the Switch is I wish they had more sales on games like PS4 does. It's kinda hard for me to justify paying $59.99 for Witcher III on Switch when like for example I can get it on PS4 for $14.99.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Tasuki

@Ralizah Well thats nice. At least someone is smart enough to price a game that is older at a reasonable price for the Switch. It's good for people who only have a Switch and want to play it. Still I will pass on it for now as there are other games that I want to get first on the Switch that I haven't played yet (DQ XI, Witcher III) and since I have Ori on the Xbox One and it's on Game Pass....

My Backlog

Rudy_Manchego

@KratosMD @Ralizah I found the Pro Controller gave my Switch a bit of a new lease of life for me. I didn't really like the joycon grip so mainly used in handheld. When I got the Pro, I went to using it docked far more often and it has ended up being used as equally as my PS4 this year. Battery life and build quality is great.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

kyleforrester87

XBC1 remake is pretty sweet news, I tried to make a dent in the 3DS version but I just wasn’t enjoying it on that machine. This one is looking nice.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Ralizah

So, Deadly Premonition 2 is apparently a thing! I love announcements that are so out of left field. The original is apparently available on the eshop right now.

SNES VC via the online service starting tomorrow is pretty cool, too. As is starting with 20 games. Looks like I'll be playing me some SNES for a while. I hope we get Star Fox 2 eventually.

@kyleforrester87 Ditto. I love that they're changing the character designs to make it look more like Xenoblade 2. Hopefully they tweak other aspects of it as well.

The original is ugly on 3DS and HDTVs, so this is a good opportunity to give it another go.

Edited on by Ralizah

kyleforrester87

Yeah the DP2 thing is cool too, I checked the store for the first but I couldn’t see it yet. I have always been interested in the first one (well, since it became something of a cult game, at least) so I will give it a go if the price is right.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Ralizah

@kyleforrester87 $29.99. Kind of pricey for a last-gen port, but at least it's available. I'm sure it'll go on sale eventually.

RR529

Excited for Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition and, if they uncensor it, Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

Mostly stuff we already knew about, or guessed, but that's okay as there's already more than enough out & coming out (I'm interested in DMC2 as well, but haven't even yet bought the first).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

belmont

XBC... I may look it the characters are not as annoying as Rex and co. but the plot was somewhat generic. Even though the game was packed with tons of stuff to do.

I wanted Tokyo Mirage Sessions but in typical nintnedo fashion the preorder price is 50 pounds...

belmont

Ralizah

@RR529 Doesn't look like they uncensored TMS, unfortunately, which means I'll likely be passing on it.

EDIT: To be clear, this isn't confirmed, but the Switch version of the game maintains at least some of the censorship from the localized Wii U release. Interestingly, the Japanese footage was identical, suggesting that the Switch version is censored in all territories.

Edited on by Ralizah

Tasuki

It will be nice to play Overwatch on the go. Hopefully we will be able to use the same Battle.net account on the Switch version so I can have all my skins I got on the PS4.

My Backlog

Ralizah

Apparently Deadly Premonition 2 will be Switch exclusive.

I'm debating whether to repurchase the original on Switch to show support or just play the version I have on X360 and grab the sequel on Switch.

belmont

Never played Deadly Premonitions 1. Is it good?

As for Tokyo Mirage there is apparently a way to uncensor the Wii U version but I never ended up buying the game in 2016. Anyway I can understand making the characters 18 years old but the other stuff makes no sense.

belmont

Rudy_Manchego

So many Switch things I am interested in. Even got tempted by a SNES controller and I have loads of SNES titles already...

Unfortunately, I don't have the time or money to get most of them so, er, never mind!

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Ralizah

belmont wrote:

Never played Deadly Premonitions 1. Is it good?

It's good in a so-bad-it's-good sort of way. It's weird and awkward and utterly unique. I think it's an experience well worth having, but don't go in expect awards show bait like The Last of Us.

belmont

@Ralizah Thanks for the heads up. To be honest I tried to watch a video but stopped because of spoilers. I may get it anyway sometime in a discount.

I ended up buying the two voucher NSO thing and got Link's Awakening and Dragon Quest XI. My first Zelda game since Wind Waker/Minish Cap (I tried some of the later ones but didn't really like them).

belmont

Link41

Deadly Premonitions Origins also appears to be coming to retail.

NNID Wii U: Link41
3DS FC: 2878-9590-3292
Vita: Linkx41

Ralizah

@belmont Never played A Link Between Worlds or Breath of the Wild?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic