Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 3,501 to 3,520 of 7,477

belmont

@Ralizah I got bored in ALBW. I am pretty sure I guessed the ending also. It may have to do with that before Ocarina the only Zelda I had was Link's Awakening and I have never played ALTTP. As for BotW I have a Wii U copy but never got around to play it after the initial intro. I never tried the Wii U HD ports but tried the Wii game when they put it on VC and it has some of the worst controls ever. Over the years I played the NES games and the Oracle Series and loved them but I am not that big of a fan of this series. The only Nintendo series I play frequently after the Gameboy years are Pokemon. Let's Go and Bayonetta are the only Nintendo published games I have on the Switch! Buying Link's Awakening on the Switch was mostly nostalgia. I have not seen many trailers of it.

Edited on by belmont

belmont

Ralizah

@belmont I wanted to like Let's Go, but between the bland art-style and lack of random battles I just felt bored every time I booted it up. I'm glad S/S are much more visually appealing and are going back to battles with wild Pokemon, even though the random encounter aspect seems to be partially gone.

Not a Bayonetta fan either, although I do quite like NieR: Automata, and I'm hoping I'll enjoy Astral Chain when I get around to it.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

belmont

@Ralizah I can forgive the somewhat bland artstyle but I cannot forgive the framerate issues. I maybe could understand them being in the very underpowered 3DS but not in a very simple switch game like lets go. What I don't like is the way you make rare characters appear for example you have to catch ~10 useless Rattatas to spawn a Charmander. TBH I have not seem much trailers from S/S but I like that they went back to battles with wild Pokemon but heard that there are no Pokedex descriptions and that they reuse 3ds assets for some Pokemon.

I liked the Graphics and style in Bayonetta but the combat was not much fan and the story makes no sense even for a game that did not take it seriously. Never played NieR: Automata.

belmont

R1spam

Looking forward to the return of the obra dinn, heard so many good things about it!

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82

mookysam

Earlier I finished my mad quest to collect all the Spirits in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. At current count there are 1346 Spirits, although DLC and updates will add more. That's pretty much everything done for now, including challenges.

@KratosMD The Xenoblade Chronicles remaster looks rather nice. I completed the original on its Wii release and loved the story, world and music, but felt things were a little held back by the system. Curious how much new content there'll be.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

blacklivesmatter

I just bought a Nintendo Switch and setup my nintendo account. Does the console not have gamertags/ids? All its asked me to setup is a nickname along with email etc.

Edited on by blacklivesmatter

blacklivesmatter

RR529

Looks like, somehow, I'm not going to get my copy of Astral Chain today.

I ordered it last weekend, and although I knew they wouldn't ship it out until after Monday (because of the holiday), I figured I'd have it by the end of the week since they promise 2 day shipping (it's Walmart, and I haven't had a problem before), and although it was in Kansas City on Thursday (I live in a city about 30-40 minutes north of KC), and was scheduled to arrive on Friday, I didn't recieve any updates at all yesterday, and come this morning (Saturday) they for some reason sent it a couple of states south & it's in frickin' Oklahoma for whatever reason.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

kyleforrester87

@RR529 I’ve read a few people are struggling to get physical copies, I don’t know if it’s doing better than expected or what. (Although sounds like yours is a messed up delivery! I’d just buy a copy elsewhere and return that one, if I was desperate!)

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

RR529

The Dragon Quest XI demo crashed on me 4 times today, which is starting to get on my nerves (I think I've maybe only had the system crash on me once before the entire time I've had it).

The first time it happened was during a battle in the Kingsburrow (a dungeon), the second time it happened was when I was running around Hotto (a village), and the last two times were when I was trying to upgrade equipment with the forge (really irritating the last time because I had just finished on the last item). Oh, the first time it happened was undocked, but the last three times were all docked.

Hopefully it's just a problem with the demo & not my system (and that they get things running more smoothly in the full release).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Ryall

@RR529 I have completed Dragon Quest XI On the PS4 and it didn’t crash for me. If the problem with the switch version is still present for the final release all I can think of is to get the PS4 version even if it means your saved data won’t carry forward.

Ryall

RR529

@Ryall, already beat it on PS4. Just trying it out on Switch to see how it holds up (other than the aforementioned crashes, it's a fantastic port).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Ralizah

@RR529 S-E is apparently working on a patch for the demo crashing issues. Anyway, once I fully restarted my Switch, the crashing stopped.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

RR529

@Ralizah, that's good to hear! In the meantime I bought the fighter's pass on a whim & have been smashing with the Hero (Joker & Banjo too, but mostly the Hero).

In other news, I have no idea what's going on with my copy of Astral Chain. After FedEx randomly sent it a couple states away to Oklahoma (after it was about an hour out of town), they dropped the delivery estimate & have no idea when they're going to deliver it...

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Haruki_NLI

@RR529 FedEx, the Ex is for Existential.

Sucks you're having problems. I remember when Amazon UK couldn't work out where my house was for Sonic Forces, Pokemon Ultra Moon, Ultra Sun, and a few other higher value things.

Like....there's only one road people!

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

RR529

Contacted Walmart's support team and they said they'd send a replacement copy of Astral Chain since FedEx, apparently, either lost my copy or sent it to the wrong place.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

JohnnyShoulder

@Knuckles-Fajita One courier took a picture outside of my block of flats to prove they had delivered something. Except it was the wrong building! 😂

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RR529

One thing I noticed in the DQXIS demo is that the targets hidden in the fields seem to be missing, so I wonder if they removed the target shooting side mission mini-game for some reason in the Switch version.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Haruki_NLI

@RR529 Or it's just not part of this demo like several other aspects of the game?

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

RR529

@Knuckles-Fajita, well in the PS4 version the targets are still visible in the environment even before you get the crossbow (it's not a seperate mode or activity that "activates", they're just always there naturally part of the environment).

As far as I can tell, there's nothing else from this portion of the full game that's been removed from the demo (other than some Switch exclusive new features, like 2D mode), so it seems odd.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

Started up Astral Chain tonight, and it's off to a good start.

Managed to clear File 2 on PT Standard, and only got a game over on one of the bosses once. Had to use quite a bit of medicine to heal, but they seem to give enough of it away so you're never in too tough a spot. Still early on though.

Love the world & art direction.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic