Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 2,821 to 2,840 of 7,479

Nei

I bought a copy and a GC controller adapter for my BF and I feel super guilty about having to hide it from him until Christmas day.

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

Ralizah

@Feena Did you already tell him he's not allowed to buy it for himself?

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Nei

@Ralizah a more generic don't buy video games until after Christmas embargo has been declared for the whole family. I hope he doesn't cave though. The hype is strong with him.

Edited on by Nei

Ralizah

@Feena We generally do the same thing in my family, except with any major purchases. Although I made it known a long time ago that I was pre-loading Smash, so that's out of contention.

I nabbed the GC controller/adapter bundle with Smash 4 on Wii U, but almost never used it. I was never a huge fan of Melee, though.

Nei

@Ralizah It will be useful for multiplayer sessions since we ha a lot of GC controllers around not my favourite as well, I must admit!

Edited on by Nei

Ralizah

@Feena Makes sense. I have a lot of GC controllers as well, even though I bought one used years after production of it ended and only ever owned, like, three games for it, so I'm not sure why I'd have so many in the first place. I think the things multiply on their own.

I sold off my Nintendo Gamecube adapter that came with Smash and got the more versatile MayFlash adapter, though. I'm able to easily use that one on my PC!

Edited on by Ralizah

belmont

I have never evel played smash. To be honest I watched some of the directs and it does not seem to be anything very interesting. I would prefer a traditional fighter.

Anyway Diablo 3 is for discount for 35 pounds. Has anyone played the Switch port?

belmont

Ralizah

@belmont No, but everything I've seen and heard suggests it runs quite well. It's not quite as pretty as the PS4 version, but it's 60FPS and fully portable.

kyleforrester87

I was a pikachu and I mashed the buttons and beat Mario.

That is all.

I will play it properly tonight.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Haruki_NLI

I was worried that Nintendo picking the DLC would be a let down.

Guess not.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Jaz007

@KratosMD I know! I’m getting the Joker DLC too! Best new character, stage, and music in Smash! That made my day yesterday. I literally jumped for joy.

Jaz007

DerMeister

Not since Snake being in Brawl have I been excited for a new character in Smash. I stayed up for 20 minutes just yelling at my friends about it.

God, I wish I saved up for a Switch. I've been hype for Smash but this takes it to a new level!

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Ralizah

That's kind of cool. I wonder what other characters they'll pick up for the season pass?

I'm still holding out for Shantae.

The game itself is fun. It's Smash. I expect it'll hold me over well until Fire Emblem or Animal Crossing or whatever releases first next year.

Edited on by Ralizah

Nei

Can't wait for Fire Emblem! Smash is in the house...wrapped and hidden!

Ralizah

@Feena Yeah, Fire Emblem is, far and away, the game I'm most excited for at the moment. Hope we hear more about it before May!

Jaz007

@KratosMD ROY! We got another Roy fan up in here. I've missed him so much since melee. I almost forgot, but dang I remembered how much I want him just now. I'm so glad he's back.

Yeah, more Persona sales is always good. Depending on when it comes out (if it's more like 3 to 4 than 4 to 5 in how long it took to release), I could see Sony wanting to nab exclusivity for it though. It would be a system seller. But an excuse for Persona 5: Golden is always welcome. I need more Persona 5!

Jaz007

Jaz007

@Octane Not in the main game, no. Maybe in some of the insulting DLC they had, but I took no part in that.

Jaz007

Ralizah

I'm really liking King K. Rool so far. He might end up becoming one of my favorite heavyweight characters. Depends on whether Bowser is still as OP as he was in Smash 4.

Either way, though, he's a lot of fun to play as in his big, fat lizard glory.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic