Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 2,801 to 2,820 of 7,479

belmont

@kyleforrester87 Thanks for the heads'up. This game has "in game achievements" in an option in the main menu. I didn't see it that much beacuse I was afraid of spoilers but there was something like die 1000 times, don't die at all, beat NG+ etc. This may be common, I have other switch games that have this in game achievement system (saturday morning, r-type etc.)

belmont

kyleforrester87

@belmont let me know how you get on, it has a reputation for being a hard game but it really isn't that bad. A few tough spikes here and there, mostly 2 or 3 tricky bosses.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Octane

Hyper Light Drifter is great! One of the best games I played in 2016. Love the soundtrack as well, same guy who did the soundtrack for Fez.

Octane

Ralizah

Disasterpeace's music was pretty much the only thing I liked about the horror film It Follows.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Rudy_Manchego

@kyleforrester87 Nope because when me and @Octane agree, we activate our magic rings of awesomenesss and become Captain Agree more than you, super hero who likes things so much it saves the planets ecology.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

belmont

Lol after those comments I am eager to continue HLD on switch instead of Doom. I will leave more comments once I get a bit further in.

belmont

Ralizah

@KratosMD Have you tried manually resyncing them?

Also try manually restarting the system.

Edited on by Ralizah

Jaz007

So I’m gonna be getting a copy of the new Smash Bros. I payed for a friends PS Plus and I’m having him get me the new Smash in return. I’m not sure when as he’s getting his finances in order (I was actually helping him that the other day, because he’s terrible with money.), but I’m gonna be getting a copy sometime.

Jaz007

JohnnyShoulder

My mate in work has lent me his Switch Pro controller, cos he reckons I'll need it for Kong due to the lack of a D pad on the Joy Cons.

Not sure I'm totally ok about using someone else's controller, I'll have to only use it wearing gloves lol.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Ralizah

@JohnnyShoulder Tropical Freeze is designed with analog sticks in mind. The ape's weightier movement didn't feel quite right to me with a D-Pad, and I imagine swimming segments will be a bit more of a chore.

Which is interesting, because I generally play every 2D platformer with a D-Pad. Even if it means rigging up an SNES controller on my Switch or PC to do so.

Edited on by Ralizah

JohnnyShoulder

@Ralizah Thanks! I remember him saying that it sucked using Wii U game pad, but don't recall him saying if had played Kong on the switch or not.

I mean Rayman player ok with the joy cons. I give it a go anyway and see what it is like.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Ralizah

@JohnnyShoulder Everything sucks on the Wii U GamePad. It's needlessly huge and the analog sticks are weirdly uncomfortable.

I defended that thing for years, and I still think some games made really effective use of its second-screen capabilities (hello Rayman Legends, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, and ZombiU!), but it's a terrible controller.

I think you'll agree that the joycon analog sticks work great with Tropical Freeze, but if you really need a D-Pad, it'd probably be better to just nab an 8bitdo Wireless Receiver and sync your PS4 controller up with it to play the game. The DS4 has a better D-Pad than the overrated Pro Controller anyway.

Edited on by Ralizah

JohnnyShoulder

@Ralizah Ha ha yeah my mate in work pretty much said the same about the Wii U game pad.

I was a bit concerned before I got a Switch about the Joy Cons, but they have been fine. Think it helps that I have small hands.

Totaly forgot about the 8bitdo Wireless Receiver, think that would probably be a better option.

Ralizah

Smash has a 94 on Metacritic so far. We'll see where that ends up. NL is withholding a review score until they test how well the online works.

The single player content sounds about as good as I was hoping for. Glad I downloaded it, as I'm going to be dipping into this for months.

Edited on by Ralizah

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic