Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 581 to 600 of 5,530

Th3solution

@BAMozzy And ....
I’m waiting for the “This was the best PS4 game I’ve ever played.” Or “This game has been somewhat over rated.”
I think I saw a comment maybe it was you saying the game was good but not “perfect” so after completing it, is that the final impression? Did the ending make it better or worse? (Without spoilers of course)

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

BAMozzy

@Th3solution The reason I didn't go further was the game is only 4 days old and I didn't want to go into any details or explain my viewpoint. Anyway to try and give my opinion without spoiling, the fact that many reviewers do rate it as a 'perfect' 10/10 game and I think it has a few flaws, I do think its over-rated as its not a 10/10 game. Its an excellent, well above average game but I would give it a 9/10 at most! In my opinion though, that does make it the best God of War game ever.

Some of the reason for this though cannot be explained without spoiling it. This is partly why I didn't want to say more because if someone were to ask why, I can only give part of the reason without spoiling - some of that does come down to some restrictions whilst playing (I would again go into details but again may spoil things) but at this point I can't say more. I don't even want to talk about the story yet as its still to early but I do think a lot of reviewers may well of just rushed through it on a relatively easy setting and based their review on that rather than the game and 'everything' as a package.

It certainly plays well (on the whole) - I had a few big frame rate drops on transitioning from cut-scene to game-play but I was playing in 'favour resolution' mode on my Pro and these were short lived. It does look visually good too so no complaints there but that's all I can say right now.

I would definitely recommend buying and its a great game overall.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Th3solution

@BAMozzy Awesome! That’s a good spoiler-free report. Is it in your top 3 PS4 games? Better than Witcher 3? Better than UC4? Better than Horizon Zero Dawn?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

BAMozzy

@Th3solution Definitely not better than the Witcher 3 for me - that's still the best game of this generation. I preferred Horizon: Zero Dawn as it felt much fresher and with more 'freedom' too. UC4 was a great game but as a fan of the series, the Story and some aspects were a bit of a let down. I would say God of War is up there with those though amongst the best exclusives you can buy. Its a big step up too from the past GoW games too so don't get me wrong, it is a great game. I really can't say more though as I have no intention of spoiling it for others.

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Th3solution

@BAMozzy That’s perfect. It’s just that you’re the first one to finish it besides Sammy, so I was real curious if the opinions were all coinciding. The accolades seems to be deserving. Just tying to decide when to play it. Won’t get it now, but probably eventually will.

BAMozzy

@Th3solution Despite me saying its not the 'perfect' game that a lot of reviewers rate it to be, its still a very good game. I would still recommend it. As I said its a 9 at most in my opinion and that's well above average - which in my book comes in at around 7/10.

JohnnyShoulder

@BAMozzy Thanks for non-spoiler review. I wish i had gone into this completely blind as some trailers have spoiled a couple of things.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

BAMozzy

@JohnnyShoulder I have tried desperately hard not to spoil it for anyone. Its not just the story either in this case as there are other aspects to the game outside of the main story that I don't want to ruin or influence people on.

BAMozzy

Now I can add the Platinum trophy to God of War - the 94th on truetrophies to achieve it LOL

Edited on by BAMozzy

Jaz007

I beat Persona 5 a few days ago. It’s the greatest game ever made, beat story ever made, best piece art ever made, most inspirational game, most stylish game, one of best if not the best soundtrack ever made, possibly the best characters ever, and has the best game romances ever.
If you haven’t played Persona 5 play it. It exceeded my high expectations.

Jaz007

ApostateMage

I finished the main 'story' in Ghost Recon: Wildlands and although it was your typical totally forgettable plot I really enjoyed my time with the game, played strictly solo, too. Say what you want about Ubisoft and their rehashed ideas across different games but they sure know how to create fantastic sandboxes based on real locations. I thought Bolivia looked stunning in places and it was a joy to play in. I hope there's a sequel.

ApostateMage

Rudy_Manchego

Been taking a lot of train journeys recently and finally finished Super Mario Land 3D on my 2DS. It might be because I played in 2D but I found it more challenging in places then I thought. I'm also still not used to controlling using the 2DS stick.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

crippyd

I finished Resident Evil VII a couple of days ago and quite enjoyed it. It did start off a bit slow and tedious but picked up after a couple of hours and the story was well crafted with a few surprising twists and turns. To me it didn't seem scary with only a couple of jump scares getting the pulse racing for a minute. I would probably rate it at about 7.5 out of 10.

This was my first experience of the Resident Evil franchise so I don't know if this game is typical of the rest of the series.

crippyd

Ralizah

Finally beat Etrian Odyssey V! My 3DS clock is telling me it took roughly 64 hours to beat it, which is actually pretty short for an Atlus JRPG.

The final boss wasn't too bad. Beat him on my second attempt with my level 63 - 65 team. It probably helps that I rested and optimized the builds for my characters in Stratum 4 when I was trying to beat the Crystal Dragon. Pretty much all of my characters were capable of pulling off some big numbers with powerful attacks, although my Dragoon and Botanist were pretty much on constant support duty.

Fantastic game. Etrian 4 was still more satisfying overall, but I feel like this is probably the funnest of the more traditional Etrian games. I like the way it shook up traditional party builds with races, union skills, and unconventional classes to consider. Also, the Adventure Episodes were an ingenious addition to the formula.

@crippyd Creeping around an environment, solving puzzles, and trying to conserve resources is typical of classic RE. Otherwise, it's extremely different, as the older games were filled with more traditional horror game enemies like zombies, giant spiders, demonic dogs, etc. Also, the games were played from a third-person viewpoint, usually with fixed camera angles in each scene.

If you want to delve further into the series, I'd HIGHLY recommend playing Resident Evil HD Remaster. It's arguably classic RE at its absolute, atmospheric best.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

RogerRoger

Mentioned it twice elsewhere, might as well go for the hattrick... just platinumed Ratchet & Clank (PS4).

Whilst tidying up my save files, back-ups and other data across all my consoles (as I usually do after completing a game 100%) I suddenly realised that I'd lost one of my PSone Virtual Memory Cards on PS3. There was nothing major on there, but I've lost complete save files for Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, 007 Racing, Syphon Filter 2 and Metal Gear Solid. The Bond games will be easy enough to restore; they'll take an afternoon each, and practically play themselves, but the latter two are quite sizeable undertakings. Guess I'll add them to my backlog.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Ralizah

Finished Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

So, I have issues with it: the game has a lot of weird, annoying problems that probably wouldn't be a thing if the game hadn't been rushed out in December. While I had a lot of fun developing the affinity charts for my blades, I hated the way field skills locked me out of finishing a ton of side-quests early on. Also, I don't feel like the game did a good job explaining the motivations of its antagonists. The ending left a bad taste in my mouth for the wrong reasons. And it's glitchy to the point where I had to watch the ending cinematics on Youtube because the game stuttered and crashed after I beat the final boss (went back and beat him again afterwards so I could save my progress for a NG+ run, but I skipped the ending to avoid more glitches). And there are a ton of other glitches here that I avoided, but are definitely a major thing. And, of course, there are the significant performance issues, especially in handheld mode, where the game's resolution can bottom out.

This game could have used another half-year in the oven. I expect this sort of lacking polish from Ubisoft games, not Nintendo-published ones.

Despite all of this, though?

I absolutely LOVED this game.

It's gorgeous. The music is some of the best I've ever heard in a video game. The battle system is excellent, and allows for some absolutely epic boss fights. The cast is lovable and well-developed. The plot is mostly pretty excellent. The in-game environments are massive, complex, and stunning. And there is an insane amount of unique content here, a lot of which I didn't even see. This is easily my favorite Monolith Soft game. I'm even prepared to say I ended up enjoying it more than Persona 5, and that game was one of the big reasons I even bought a PS4 (the others were Gravity Rush 2 and... Silent Hills snort).

It's a beautiful, wonderful experience, but also a very flawed one. Regardless, I'd absolutely recommend it to anyone who loves story-heavy JRPG's.

Kidfried

@Ralizah Chronicles 2 doesn't look at all like a game that could hold my attention, but I definitely love it that a game can make such an overwhelming impression on you, that you can easily see past any of its flaws. I've had experiences like that with games like The Last Guardian and Metal Gear Solid 5 this generation.

Kidfried

Ralizah

@Kidfried Definitely. It's the sort of "complete" feeling I haven't felt from a JRPG since the glory days of Square JRPGs on the PS1. It tickles my inner child.

I actually own MGS5, but keep putting off playing it. The game just seems intimidating. Even Ground Zeroes felt like it had a lot of depth I didn't explore, and that was... pretty much a single mission. With that said, I absolutely plan on getting to it sometime.

I'm surprised I haven't played The Last Guardian yet, considering I really enjoy SotC when I played it on the PS2, and I have a huge soft spot for animals.

Oh well. No rush. I'll be playing PS4 games well into the next generation when the PS5 and whatever else come out. It has a pretty incredible library at this point.

Edited on by Ralizah

CountFunkula78

I just played through and finished Inside in one sitting - maybe four hours. Just Wow. Mind Blown. Can't say any more because it would be criminal to spoil it. Perfect game.

CountFunkula78

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD Have you played Max Payne that was on the 360/PS3?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic