Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 241 to 260 of 5,530

crippyd

@Tasuki It is quite a fun game and very similar in mechanics to all the other games, just playing through the movie key scenes. It can be extremely frustrating sometimes as it is not always abundantly clear what you need to do to proceed and especially if you are playing the game with your kids, mine found it quite hard in places. TBH I found it quite hard in places! The last two collectables were the most annoying to get and they were from really early in the game. I had to resort to the internet to find out how to do a few things.

crippyd

Tasuki

@crippyd Yeah I am finding that to be a thing now especially with the newer Lego Games. Usally in the end I end up looking at a walk through.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Victor_Meldrew

Torment: Tides of Numenera fantastic RPG, probably going to be up there for me near game of the year. Very dialogue heavy and narrative driven. Looking at reviews its generally and 8 and upwards.

Victor_Meldrew

Ralizah

KratosMD wrote:

Ico
Donkey Kong Country 2
Shadow of the Colossus
Tearaway

Jesus, you had a good week. Some amazing games there.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Ralizah

@KratosMD It's hard for me to work on older games I have when something awesome is literally coming out every month of the year. I mean, geez, Yakuza 0, Gravity Rush 2, Persona 5, Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey, Metroid, Danganronpa...

2017 turned out to be an incredible year for video games, and it's only half over.

Edited on by Ralizah

ztpayne7

Just finished KH Dream Drop Distance HD and I'm glad I finished it because it's important to the story. I can see why I gave up on it on the 3DS a few years back because it starts so slow. It's probably my least favorite KH game that I've played but it ended strong. Even though the difficulty spikes on proud were crazy.

ztpayne7

Ralizah

@KratosMD I wanted to love KI: Uprising. It's funny, filled with content, and visually gorgeous (for a 3DS game, anyway). Those controls just sucked the fun out of the game for me, though. It was so uncomfortable to play.

Also, I didn't like how often characters would keep cracking wise when I was trying to dodge waves of enemies. It's hard to appreciate funny dialogue AND not get killed unless you're on a lower difficulty level.

Rudy_Manchego

@KratosMD Wowzer - that would take me 3 months to get through all these, well done

Quick question, would you recommend Starfox 64 3d? I am on the fence about getting it.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Ralizah

Star Fox 64 3D was my first 3DS game when I got it in September of 2011. Just playing through the game itself doesn't take long, since its a rail shooter, but there is a massive amount of replayability with alternate levels, an entirely different ending to get than the normal one (it's much cooler, imo), challenge medals for getting a certain score on a stage (you have to be pretty perfect to get all of them, honestly: I've dropped thirty of more hours into the game and still haven't beaten everything), etc. Offline MP is also a lot of fun if you have a friend who is also playing it (although the lack of online mp is a shame).

Rudy_Manchego

@KratosMD @Ralizah Long story short but I had picked up a second hand PS3 that had been banned from PSN. I took it back to the store but when a friend heard, they gave me their old PS3 and I exchanged the PS3 for a 3DS. I got it primarily for zelda classics (haven't played Ocarina since I played it round a friends back in the day) but I'm looking for some other cheap classics!

I played Starfox to death on the SNES but never played on the 64 and I noticed it was now a Nintendo Select in Europe.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

Ralizah

@KratosMD 3DS is a "desert island" system for me. I can't think of another system that has so many games I absolutely love.

@Rudy_Manchego Star Fox 64 is one of the best rail shooters ever made, and the 3DS remaster is the definitive version. OoT looks so much nicer on the 3DS. Also, I highly recommend Majora's Mask 3D as well: QoL changes were made to the game that make it much less frustrating than the N64 original.

Other great games:

• Super Smash Bros. for 3DS
  • Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  • Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
  • Persona Q
  • Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse
  • Fire Emblem: Awakening
  • Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.
  • Mario Kart 7
  • Super Mario 3D Land
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
  • Fantasy Life
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
  • Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
  • Multiple Ace Attorney and Professor Layton games, including a crossover!

WiiWareWave

Earthbound: I wasn't too happy with the ending, but the journey was quite enjoyable. I do feel that the game is very overrated though.

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

PSN: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

Rudy_Manchego

@KratosMD @Ralizah Thanks for the recommendations. I got Ocarina of Time which I am going to jump into as my next portable title after I finally finish BOTW (got to be over 100 hours now - I tend to travel a bit for work so I sometimes hammer my portables then not play it for a week or two but I am never without one). I think I will go for Starfox 64 after payday this week as I fancy something that is pick up and play to complement the longer OOT. The only thing I don't like about the 3DS is how well the games hold their value which means it is harder for me to hoover up cheap games - but then this is Nintendo and the best games always do! I've also never played a Monster Hunter game either.

@Tasuki Nor did I, I just assumed it was accounts. Basically if a console is ever banned it will not accept any sign in attempts to access the Sony network. So you can play disc based games but can't get to the PS store, access trophies, get DLC and all that stuff. No way you can ever get it changed. Essentially there are three different strikes. Temporary account ban, permanent account ban, console ban.

I was worried the second hand store wouldnt take it back because it technically worked but they were fine about it. They test it with a disc but nothing else.

themcnoisy

I've recently beaten Berserk and the band of the hawk.

The game heats up 4/5 missions in but then descends into rubbish once Griffith leads you to the God hand 12 missions later. From medieval brilliance to high fantasy guff in the biggest bait and switch I've ever seen in an anime crossover.

Only diehard musuo fans need apply. The games actually left me empty inside.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Bread-Not-Toast

Completed and Plat Horizon, very good game even if the missions are very samey.

PSN- Crossword-Man
3DS Friend Code- 3067-6402-2163
Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeKk-kKUlvYeZSW2XbVrsqQ
Latest Review: Star Wars Battlefront Beta
Please add me as I need more friends.

PSN: Crossword-Man

F-racsO

I know I'm late to the party but I finished Life is Strange over the weekend. All I can say is that I'm in love with this game and I can't wait until the next one.
I highly recommend it to those looking for a good story. The soundtrack is great too!

F-racsO

PSN: F_racsO

Wesker

Downwell. Finally I went down well and finished that game. So many times I messed up the final boss. I feel like it took me way longer than it should have done, but only 6.7 % of players see the end credits, so I feel OK about it.

Wesker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic