Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 261 to 280 of 5,525

nathanSF

Surely it should be complete, not beat. Has someone else already said this?

IwriteSci-Fi

Twitter:

Tasuki

Beat Castlevania Bloodlines on the Genesis (or Mega Drive for all you Brits ) One of my favorite Castlevania games of all time. Yeah this game doesn't get the praise that Super Castlevania IV on SNES got but honestly I thought out of the two Bloodlines was better. For one thing the story was more original then Super Castlevania IV which was just a reboot of Castlevania on NES. It just amazes me that Konami hasn't rereleased this game at all especially since Portrait of Ruin was the sequel to Bloodlines.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Ralizah

@Tasuki Konami should do a multiplat Castlevania Collection featuring all of the different Castlevania games. I'd pay top dollar for that.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Tasuki

@Ralizah That would be awesome. Only thing is there are so many and some of them just don't fit in. (I am looking at you Castlevania 64). If the did make a Castlevania Collection IMO the should break them up kinda like Capcom did with the Mega Man Collection. Maybe something like

Castlevania The Belmont Legacy I
Castlevania
Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse
Bonus: Super Castlevania IV

Castlevania: The Belmont Legacy II
Castlevania: Rondo of Blood
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Bonus: Haunted Castle

Castlevania: The Morris Legacy
Castlevania: Bloodlines
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
Bonus: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia

Castlevania: The Soma Legacy
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Bonus: Harmony of Dissoence

Or something like that.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

FullbringIchigo

@Tasuki OH I WOULD SO BUY THOSE!

seriously though we need a new Castlevania game it's been long enough but with the way Konami is right now i doubt we will get anything other than Yu-Gi-Oh games and Pachinko Machines

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Tasuki

@FullbringIchigo Yeah the Lord of Shadows series was bad, but I doubt anymore will happen cause even if sales were good, Hideo Kojima's studio did those and well....

Even though Igarashi is gone as well, I don't see why a good Castlevania game can't be made especially since several came out without his involvement.

My Backlog

FullbringIchigo

@Tasuki lets just hope Bloodstained fills the gap and doesn't end up a "Mighty Number 9"

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

WiiWareWave

I just beat Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment, which is a fantastic game, though I would prefer a little less fan-service.

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

PSN: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

FullbringIchigo

@Reanfan7 yeah the fan service isn't really in the spirit of the anime or manga either, it why i just used Asuna all the time

Rudy_Manchego

@KratosMD To me, Link to the Past defines Zelda. It that was one of those games I played as a kid on the SNES lots and lots. I still have it in fact. I am tempted to get the Link Between Worlds for the 3DS at some point so I can experience on the go.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Tasuki

@Rudy_Manchego It sounds like you love Link to the Past as much as I do. With that said I highly recommend getting a Link Between Worlds. It's definitely worth it especially for someone who really enjoyed ALttP. I honestly think Link Between Worlds is the best new Zelda game with the classic Zelda style.

My Backlog

Rudy_Manchego

@Tasuki You know I haven't sat and played it properly in years but the amount of hours I plugged into that game. I even remember collecting Total magazine, here in the UK, as they were publishing a monthly guide to uncover all the secrets etc. When you were a kid whose family didn't have much money, a game like Zelda was just perfect. Although I have it on my SNES on my retro shelf, I was planning on replaying it all on the SNES Classic when it releases. I will defo check out a Link Between Worlds. Might add that to the christmas wishlist because it is the perfect game to be able to sit and ignore my inlaws to at christmas!

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

Rudy_Manchego

@Tasuki Alas I don't - I got a cheap second hand 3DS. Not complaining because it was cheap but it is a shame for SNES VC. That is why I am hoping for VC on the Switch!

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD It's an awesome game. But it's not better than SOTC in my eyes. It does help that I played SOTC when it was released, mind you, so it felt more cutting edge. I think I'd probably prefer TLG now if I played them both for the first time recently.

But yes, TLG is superb.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic