Forums

Topic: E3 2018

Posts 181 to 200 of 375

Octane

E3 has begun by the way

The reactions are the best part of this Tweet;

Octane

JohnnyShoulder

Ha ha lovin that Corey Balrog response! Would explain why some parts of God of War were a bit trippy!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

FullbringIchigo

REALLY i thought it started next week?

anything new announced yet?

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

NecuVise

These leaks are seriously ruining E3. I remember how surprised I was before when something new gets officially announced but not so much nowadays. We either have rumors for some time before or we have a straight out leak...

NecuVise

BAMozzy

@NecuVise E3 is no longer the annual Press event to reveal the plans of each publisher/manufacturer for the year ahead. With the internet, these Pubs/devs etc no longer need the press to announce and cover their games/hardware reveals as they can now go straight to their audience via youtube. Leaks are also much harder to keep under wraps because of the 'instant' distribution and spread that the internet offers. Before the internet, they couldn't make a video or write in a forum that then gets picked up by others and spread across the world.

Point is E3 is no longer 'needed' for these companies to reveal games to the Press so that they can get their articles written and printed in magazines to reach their customers. Publishers no longer have to make 'press packs' with the information about the game and its 'background' story/blurb, no longer have to make 'demo' cartridges to send out to the Press to get their early impressions of the game - another thing that E3 still has to offer of course BUT now they can just email these to press and allow them to download the demo.

As such, the surprise of E3 is no longer relevant - unless you turn off the internet and/or avoid ALL gaming related sites (like PushSquare). Publishers etc also know that their game(s) could get 'lost' amongst all the other news so they may 'leak' or reveal earlier so that they get decent coverage. Leaks can raise the hype too, encouraging their target audience to check out the actual trailer or certain aspect of the game. Games like CoD or BF may reveal something in May (Campaign for example - not in the case of CoD this year) and then reveal actual game-play for the MP or Co-op modes. Games like these may not have much time to go in depth on all aspects so its not unusual for them to showcase just one aspect at E3.

With the internet though, you also get speculation and 'false information' that can become 'rumour' or even 'fact' that can be 'disappointing' if it turns out not to be true - like E3 2016 Bethesda leaks/rumours that stated games like Wolfenstein 2 and Evil Within 2 would be shown so when these didn't turn up and it seemed that Bethesda had 'little' new to offer, it was 'disappointing' - they did turn up at E3 2017 but we again had leaks/rumours about 'Starfield'.

Anyway, point is, if you don't want any leaks, early reveals, rumours, speculation etc to ruining E3 (or any other Gaming event) then avoid any website that covers gaming for at least a fortnight before the show starts. 20years ago, you barely knew E3 existed - other than the Magazines doing a 2-3month feature on all the 'news' that came out, get 3rd hand reports on what was said and try to glean info from screenshots and photo's from it after the event and now we can watch it live, watch all the trailers, hear exactly what is being said etc.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Haruki_NLI

Honestly I kinda want the leakers specifically like Liam Robertson and co to shut up already. There is nothing like tanking a show before it happens and pretty much eviscerating a PR campaign before it begins because they cant shut the hell up.

Like seriously, all the leaks took over 12% off of Nintendo's share price because investors, seeing the leaks, are jumping ship believing its not good enough and there will be no hype coming out of E3 because its all known quantities now - because people flap their gums.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

JohnnyShoulder

BAMozzy wrote:

Anyway, point is, if you don't want any leaks, early reveals, rumours, speculation etc to ruining E3 (or any other Gaming event) then avoid any website that covers gaming for at least a fortnight before the show starts. 20years ago, you barely knew E3 existed - other than the Magazines doing a 2-3month feature on all the 'news' that came out, get 3rd hand reports on what was said and try to glean info from screenshots and photo's from it after the event and now we can watch it live, watch all the trailers, hear exactly what is being said etc.

You're kidding right? I should not have to avoid following and reading about video games just because morons can't keep their mouths shut or some bozo on website/store mucks up.

This is not a new thing but is getting tiresome now. The majority of stories on most of the sites are based on rumours, leaks and speculation and frankly I'm getting totally sick of it. Most stories with any those things in the headline i tend not to read, but it still infuriating see em all.

I've read on a couple sites that they can see E3 not lasting much longer if things carry on like this. It takes a hella lot if time and money to put all this on, if most of the stuff is revealed what exactly is the point of it anymore?

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

TOUGHDUDE94

The only true leak is the vita gets little to no support or games

TOUGHDUDE94

PSN: TOUGHDUDE94

AdamNovice

Well I'm taking my leave from games media for a few days for this exact reason.
As for the new PSVR to be announced tomorrow, a part of me is hoping that Puppeteer is remade for VR. I think that would suit it well.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

Splat

I won't get to watch much live do to work. That said looking forward to reading up on the news and watching trailers on YouTube.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

TOUGHDUDE94

@get2sammyb I think they will do what nintendo dose in the future have a big direct during e3 week and have something like tree house live at the event where it be where they have the games playable but as we get more indie devs. too they show off at PAX and gamescom and others.I hope they open E3 to indies.

TOUGHDUDE94

PSN: TOUGHDUDE94

Haruki_NLI

It's incredibly easy to miss all the post-show hubbub, unless you're staff for a specific site like this one, where obviously you'll find yourself watching the post-show Sony stuff but nothing else, or Nintendo Treehouse for three days on NL.

If you're more platform agnostic though, you'll end up just by the laws of time and space missing or not hearing about certain things once the main shows are done. Can't watch them all after all.

RR529

I know PlayStation does have their own "Treehouse Style" videos, but they don't seem as engaging. With Nintendo's videos, you're pretty much guaranteed to get about 15 - 30 minutes of gameplay per video while they're talking about the game, while the PlayStation ones can go as short as 10 minutes and pretty much just be two or three people sitting in chairs talking about a game, with the only footage of the game being a replay of the trailer we've already seen.

Of course, not all the PlayStation ones are like that, but it's enough to hinder my enthusiasm to watch them. Then again, maybe I'm just watching the wrong videos ;P

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Octane

I won't be here for the EA conference, I may drop in and check on the announcements, but I can't watch it live and leave a bunch of snarky comments, I'm sorry

Octane

KirbyTheVampire

@Octane Pretty sure I'll have to miss it as well. At least it's the best possible conference to miss, although the comments during the EA ones are pretty great.

KirbyTheVampire

Haruki_NLI

"We want to let you play games anytime, anywhere"

You know EA, that sounds really familiar and I dont know why...

Also a free trial of FIFA 18 is out, but not on Switch because....reasons?

Basically, its lucky the system is getting 19 at all it seems.

Either way, that was boring and average. Nothing new from EA.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.