Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 961 to 980 of 10,089

Octane

The weather doesn't really bother me. It just means I'm playing less games and I'm more outside instead.

Octane

kyleforrester87

I pretty much hate it. It's only nice when you're out boozing in a beer garden, which is what, 1% of the time? The rest of the time I'm trying to survive in a stuffy office or an overly hot bed. Pointless. Bring on Autumn, my favourite time of the year.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Octane

@kyleforrester87 Make that at least 10%

The bedroom is around 28°C at night, but I can sleep fine. I don't have to sit in all office all day though.

Octane

mookysam

My man cave is like an oven even with the window and door open so I'm not sure I can be arsed to game. I haven't used my PS4 since I finished God of War, but it did not sound like it enjoyed the heat. My PS3 seems okay though. I've been waking up dehydrated with a pounding headache. Roll on autumn!

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Th3solution

Do most homes in the UK have central air conditioning?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Rudy_Manchego

@Th3solution Nope - we normally only have at most, a week of really hot weather a year, just like we only have at most a few days of snow a year so there is so little value in anyone spending money to accomodate it, it means when we do get hot or cold weather we moan horrendously.

As for me, the only thing I have can be bothered with is Switch in handheld when next to a fan.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Octane

@Kidfried The alcohol evaporates at night, or you sweat it out... At least that's what I tell myself

Octane

Haruki_NLI

Daxter got his staples out. Still a little sore with some healing to go but my baby is all better.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

mookysam

@Knuckles-Fajita That's good news. Glad he's doing better.

@Th3solution Hahaha I wish! The UK does not deal well with heat. Or cold for that matter. Or heavy rain or leaves on the train tracks. Like Goldilocks the weather has to be juuuust right.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

RogerRoger

@Kidfried @kyleforrester87 @Octane Since alcohol dehydrates the human body anyway, I'm routinely amazed to find that the consumption of any volume of alcoholic beverage is considered a good idea in summer, let alone at any other time of the year when people claim to be thirsty.

Smartwater all the way, and a Solero if you wanna treat yourself.

@Knuckles-Fajita Excellent news! I knew nothing could keep Orange Lightning down!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Octane

@RogerRoger Beer is 90-95% water, so you just have to drink more.

Octane

RogerRoger

@Octane ...yes, but water is 100% water, so... profit?!

@kyleforrester87 I don't even go to them. I prefer relative quiet and the company of one or two good conversationalists (and the mental clarity to be able to hold a conversation with them). Parties are usually where people end up doing things they regret, mostly because they barely have the mental clarity to stand upright, usually thanks to alcohol (just to bring us full circle).

Besides, I do things I regret sober, so I don't need the extra help.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Octane

RogerRoger wrote:

Besides, I do things I regret sober, so I don't need the extra help.

It helps you to forget

Octane

Rudy_Manchego

I have incredibly high standards so alcohol helps me lower them to a more realistic level.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

RogerRoger

@Octane ...but then how would I remember not to make the same mistake twice?

Am I the only one here who actually listened during nursery school?!

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic