Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 2,141 to 2,160 of 10,102

FullbringIchigo

@Tasuki could have just been an honest mistake, after all your only human

at least we assume you are, you could be an all controlling A.I for all we know

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

JohnnyShoulder

@FullbringIchigo I did think all the mods are just bots.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@crimsontadpoles Depends what they've been programmed with that day.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Rudy_Manchego

Finding it really hard at the moment to get into games, especially longer ones. Just finding it hard to get motivated. I have been trying some smaller games and enjoying those (Astrobot and some nice indies) but every larger game I just get a bleargh on. Anyone else ever had the same?

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

FullbringIchigo

@Rudy_Manchego yeah i have that at times, sometimes i can go weeks barley playing anything

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Th3solution

@Rudy_Manchego I also think I enjoy the shorter experiences more and more. Not that I’m not enjoying Red Dead 2 and the like, but I fear that I’m losing my attention span and simultaneously seem to have less time. The same goes for books, movies, and TV shows also. Where did my patience go? If a TV show is more than 45 min, then I don’t even bother. And if there is more than 3 seasons to a TV series, just forget it. Why even start?
Most of the media I consume is bite sized and designed for quick consumption. I blame society. Twitter and Youtube made me this way.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

kyleforrester87

@Rudy_Manchego I sometimes get that too, I usually fall back on a racing game for a while but even those get old. The best cure for me when I’m feeling like that, but still want to sit on my a$$, is to watch a few films that I wouldn’t normally bother with.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Kidfried

@Th3solution

@Rudy_Manchego Most of the time when that happens, it's because of life stuff happening in the background, that is responsible for it. I might have something like that right now.

Currently it feels very much like I'm building my future, making a tiny bit of a career, some big life changes. More than ever I need some distraction from all of that, but... just find it hard to actually relax enough to dive into a deep experience.

But things like that are always in flux for me.

Kidfried

Kidfried

@ I do both of those too by the way!

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I'm like that with tv shows. I also tend not to watch anything that has more than 15 episodes per season, unless they are say 30 mins long. The only exception i made is with Breaking Bad, as I just had to watch it. I don't regret it either.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder Same for me! Breaking Bad is the only series that I stuck with from the beginning to end. So good.
I even have lost interest in Better Call Saul. It’s just not quite as good.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

themcnoisy

@Rudy_Manchego Had the exact same thing over the last 20 months or so. I binged on P4G, ffx HD, Yakuza zero and some amazing anime like Metal gear Alchemist and death note.

Since Ive gone right off A typical open world games and story driven game as they are unimaginative gobbledegook in comparison. Mass Effect Andromeda is one of the lowest points in my gaming life and actually made me question why I was wasting my time gaming it was that bad.

Fortunately Spiderman, Astrobot and now Tetris effect have won me back around recently and I can't wait to put them to bed and crack on with another big story driven game in March / April.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I'm on the last season of BB. Yeah Saul has got way too many seasons for me.

Thrillho

I tend to alternate my games between a bigger AAA title and a shorter, maybe indie, game. After finishing a game like RDR2 I need something a little lighter before going in heavy again.

The Spyro trilogy has been good as an inbetween game like that as they’re all good games but easy to play and not overly long.

Thrillho

crimsontadpoles

@Rudy_Manchego I get that sometimes too. I find it's good to alternate between several games since otherwise I'll eventually get burnt out on a game if I play it too much, even if it's something that I'm really enjoying. And whenever I don't feel like playing a particular game, I'll play something else until that feeling passes. Alternating between one or two longer games along with one or two shorter games seems to work well for me.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic