Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 1,741 to 1,760 of 1,801

Rudy_Manchego

On a seperate note, does anyone have any recommendations for external video capture devices? Wanting to record some gameplay from a variety of devices to use in some Youtube videos. I've seen the Elgato devices mentioned a lot...

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

https://jambags.co.uk

Twitter:

andreoni79

Rudy_Manchego wrote:

@andreoni79 I totally gave in and ordered that copy of Zelda: Wind Walker

Are you sure you ordered Wind Walker? In that case you'll receive an ultra rare limited edition, or a fake one!

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

Octane

@andreoni79 No, that's the game about Link Windwalker realising he has the force, meeting up with an old man, a Goron and a Zora, and stopping the Death Triangle.

Octane

Kidfried

@andreoni79 @Octane I thought Wind Walker was a Triforce Espionage Action game by Hideo Kakariko about how Link runs a group of mercenaries called Hylians Without Borders, but discovers Ganondorf is building a Divine Mech in the Zora Domain.

Wind's howling.

andreoni79

Here they go!
Untitled

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

Kidfried

@andreoni79 Now you just made me want to play Smash to beat up that wimp kid Link.

Edited on by Kidfried

Wind's howling.

Rudy_Manchego

@Kidfried @andreoni79 @Octane Sigh - you make one little typo and the whole internet goes nuts. Like that time I misspelt my favourite comic book, Total Cult.

Oh and it is actually set in the Walking Dead Universe and Link has to help Rick Grimes grow a beard or something. Obviously.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

Twitter:

Jaz007

@Rudy_Manchego You forgot the part where the beard will allow him to be metamorphed into Geralt of Rivia - which will unlock the inner power to take back the triforce from Bowser. You're leaving out some of the best parts man!

Edited on by Jaz007

Backkoggery ID: Jaz007

Rudy_Manchego

@Jaz007 Shhhhhhh spoilers man!

Twitter:

DerMeister

So, my saga of getting an external hard drive is finally over.

After buying an incompatible drive last week, I bought a cheaper one (still 8TB, for around $150 instead of $180) that came today, and thankfully works. I can finally buy more games!

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Kidfried

@DerMeister I have a 1TB hard drive and, because I delete games as soon as I expect I won't play them again within a year, I have always only used about half of it.

Wind's howling.

DerMeister

@Kidfried Unless it's a game I don't like, I generally go back and replay games, so deleting and reinstalling games was always going to be a chore for me. I thought it'd be best if I had an extra drive, and I'm glad I do.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Octane

@DerMeister Yeah, my long term plan is to have enough storage as well. I want an SSD though, way more reliable than HHD. 2TB should be enough I think as Spider-Man was the first game that made me delete some games to make room for it. But SSDs are still very expensive, so I'm gonna wait a few more years I think. I may get a cheap HHD as a temporary solution.

Octane

mookysam

@DerMeister More games! Yay! I got a 2TB hybrid drive earlier this year because keeping the games I had in rotation left increasingly little room on the stock 500GB one. I don't mind deleting things, but it was getting ridiculous. Especially glad given the size of Red Dead Redemption 2.

mookysam

FullbringIchigo

@Tasuki i got a 2tb the day the update dropped and have got it about half full right now, although to be fair i did delete some games like MGSV and Battlefront 2 and the later being 90gb in size saved a bit of room

Jeremy Brett is still the DEFINITIVE Sherlock

"Don't try to be a great man, just be a man and let history make it's own judgments" - Zefram Cochran

"Hello there!" - Obi Wan Kenobi

it may be multiplatform now but Final Fantasy & PlayStation will always go hand in hand

beemo

At what point does the human eye have a hard time distinguishing detail?
My point is that my wife wants to get me a new gaming TV in the Black Friday sales for Christmas. Apparently a 4K 43" Samsung will be $277 at Best Buy. I said I don't think it's worth going 4K at 43" with a 10ft or so viewing distance.

Am I wrong or ..... ? Thoughts?

beemo

PSN: greenbeemo

Kidfried

@beemo I'm not used to measuring in feet, but that sounds kind of tricky. For a more optimal experience, I'd go for a bit bigger screen (if that's possible). Anyway, @BAMozzy is pretty good with this stuff, maybe he can share his views.

Wind's howling.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic