Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 1,721 to 1,740 of 10,096

FullbringIchigo

@Kidfried it could possibly be a trapped nerve anyway i hope it's all OK

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Ralizah

Happy Turkey Day!

I've noticed I'm developing some extremely obnoxious, gaming-related fixations. As such, I've disabled trophy notifications on PS4 and Vita (I'LL decide when I've fully completed a game) and am erasing all of the gaming deals-related sites and subreddits from my history (what's the point in adding to an already-large backlog?).

I'm also going to uncheck the "currently playing" box on backloggery. It's stressful seeing all those games I've started, and it doesn't actually matter if I finish games I start right away. I put Twilight Princess HD down for three years after starting it and picked it back up in early 2018 just fine.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Kidfried

@JohnnyShoulder @FullbringIchigo Thanks!

@Ralizah There's nothing wrong with scouting for deals or keeping track of your backlog, but as soon as it starts to feel like it detracts from your enjoyment... Yes, you've made the right decision.

Sometimes you just gotta take a step back with these things and focus purely on why you love them in the first place. Have done that myself a few times too.

Kidfried

Ralizah

@Kidfried I scout for deals constantly, but it seems pretty wasteful when I already have a number of games just sitting on my shelf, waiting to be played.

I bought FF Type-0 HD at launch in... what, 2015? Still have yet to even boot up the game once.

I'm still keeping track of my backlog (to an obsessive degree, some might even say...), but this will just make it where a list of unfinished games doesn't pop up in my face every time I log into that site. I still plan on finishing the majority of games I start, but, more than anything, I really want to focus on experiencing my entire library.

As for trophies... I realized recently that I fetishize the things, to the point where I ask myself if it's worth 100% completing multiplats on non-Sony platforms, even when I'm fully enjoying doing so. The moment I realized I was prioritizing meaningless virtual badges over the actual experience of the game, I knew something had to change. I'm going cold turkey on trophy hunting for a while.

Also just noticed your previous post about your hand. Really sorry to hear about that. Seven days seems like a pretty long wait, though.

Edited on by Ralizah

JohnnyShoulder

@Ralizah The usual wait to see my local doctor here in the UK is about 2-3 weeks.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Octane

@JohnnyShoulder That's insane. The waiting time for me is a day at most. If you're lucky you can see them the same day if you call in early. Luckily I'm fortunate enough that I haven't had to see a doctor in years.

Octane

kyleforrester87

@JohnnyShoulder my doctors is pretty good to be fair. I can log on now and see I can book a nurse appointment today at 5:30 earliest. Then quite a few nurse appointments until Wednesday when the next doctors appointment is available.

The thing is I usually book the nurse and if it's serious she gets the doctor to come in straight away anyway, or if I've blatantly got an infection or something she can get the doctor to sign off a prescription within a couple of hours. I don't know if they are supposed to do that frankly but no complaints here.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

FullbringIchigo

@Ralizah yeah i put a stop to my buying, well apart from a few games i have had pre-ordered like Kingdom Hearts 3, FFVII Remake, Jump Force and Devil May Cry 5 because those are games i have been looking forward to for ages and started to work on my backlog of games (including Final Fantasy Type-0 like you, i have played it though but i'm not that far into it yet)

as for Trophies well i never cared about them anyway but there is one guy i know who is obsessed with them so much so he would go and buy games like Hasbro Game Night or Terminator Salvation or play free games like Froze Freefall JUST to get the platinum so i know how bad it can get for someone so i think your right to go "Cold Turkey" and turn all that stuff off

anyway good luck getting through your games

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

mookysam

@JohnnyShoulder Yep, it's two weeks to see my GP, although they do have same-day appointments if it's something urgent. I like to see the same doctor each time though, although he isn't always available same-day as they seem to rotate who does them.

@Kidfried Hope that your hand is better soon.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Ralizah

@JohnnyShoulder That's pretty crazy. I can't imagine not being able to run to a quickie clinic and have someone check out a problem I'm having.

FullbringIchigo wrote:

@Ralizah yeah i put a stop to my buying, well apart from a few games i have had pre-ordered like Kingdom Hearts 3, FFVII Remake, Jump Force and Devil May Cry 5 because those are games i have been looking forward to for ages and started to work on my backlog of games (including Final Fantasy Type-0 like you, i have played it though but i'm not that far into it yet)

as for Trophies well i never cared about them anyway but there is one guy i know who is obsessed with them so much so he would go and buy games like Hasbro Game Night or Terminator Salvation or play free games like Froze Freefall JUST to get the platinum so i know how bad it can get for someone so i think your right to go "Cold Turkey" and turn all that stuff off

anyway good luck getting through your games

Oh, I'm absolutely still picking up new games that I'm excited about. Just... not as many. And I'll probably start avoiding sales wholesale.

But I'll still be there at launch for some stuff like Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Corpse Party: Sweet Sachiko's Hysteric Birthday Bash, Pokemon, SMT V, Metroid Prime IV, Animal Crossing, Etrian Odyssey Nexus, Persona Q2, etc. I may or may not wait a bit on games like Yoshi's Crafted World and Luigi's Mansion 3, but I won't be waiting too awful long. And I won't be picking it up at launch, because I'll be in the middle of a vacation, but I'm absolutely nabbing Resident Evil 2 some time next year.

Trophies are cool and all, but yeah, once I start questioning why I'm playing on platforms without them, it's time to make some changes. The weird thing is that I'm not even that big a fan of trophy hunting overall, and only do it for a select few series. But I shouldn't feel bad about playing a game I want on platform X just because that platform doesn't support trophies or has trophies I don't like.

Thanks! I'll continue to discuss games I'm playing on these forums, new and old.

FullbringIchigo

@JohnnyShoulder @Octane @kyleforrester87 @mookysam @Ralizah you think that's bad, where i live the Hospital, that's right the Hospital closes at 6pm, CLOSES if you need to go to the Hospital after that you have to go to the nearest which is Lincoln for me and that would be a 2 hour drive IF i actually had a car and knew how to drive, yes we could call an Ambulance if needed but that would also come from Lincoln so not only would we have to wait 2 hours for it to get here BUT it would also be a 2 hour trip to the Hospital anyway, that's 4 HOURS, you would probably be dead by then if it was serious

Th3solution

@FullbringIchigo Wait... they’re taking pre-orders for FFVII Remake?!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

FullbringIchigo

@Th3solution i have had it pre-ordered since 2015

FullbringIchigo

@kyleforrester87 nah i'm completely in the other direction i'm afraid

Th3solution

@FullbringIchigo Hmmm... do preorders ever expire? Being optimistic with a 2020 release that’s a 5 year old preorder. 😦

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

FullbringIchigo

@Th3solution well i ordered online so i know that wont unless the PS4 version gets cancelled and moved to PS5 as for in stores i don't know honestly

Octane

@andreoni79 Their song choice makes so much sense in hindsight; ''Wouldn't it be nice if this was fun?''

Octane

andreoni79

Poor Brogadyn (I continue to post fun facts about Fallout 76 here since the game doesn't clearly deserve a proper topic...)
https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/9zbm5q/my_character_ha...

Comments are wonderful...
NiatoYume: You dont get it, do you? You are the chosen one. Bring peace to the wasteland.
oceansoveralderaan: You could become a super avenger, going around taking down players who have commited murder and avenging the innocent folk of the wasteland, dressed as a Mistress of Mystery
Pony_Slaystation87: You are officially Silver Shroud. Bethesda should give you your own radio show.
Luxuriah: It is not a bug, it's a feature. You have ascended to divinity. Time to build shrines in your name.

Edited on by andreoni79

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic