Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 1,761 to 1,780 of 10,090

Rudy_Manchego

Just seen another Push Square article by @get2sammyb on Jim Sterling’s latest Jimquisition. That is all.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Rudy_Manchego

@get2sammyb Something about you being corporate lackeys.

Just kidding just used an article on Ubisoft releasing less games to prove a point.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Fight_Teza_Fight

@get2sammyb Colin Moriarty seems to like the site a lot. He’s always referencing Push Square in his weekly news round up.
Great to see the site expanding its reach .

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Kidfried

In Red Dead 2 I was hunting, but it's getting late. Daytime is way too short in this game, so my hunting always get cut short. The fact that my hunting session gets cut short after such a short while isn't realistic, nor is it fun, but it apparently serves some other balancing purpose.

I am off home and see a train riding by. I think to myself "Gee, I'm going to try and rob it." I jump on the train (very cool), and start to rob it. I make two sneak kills inside, but the train stops regardless and the people inside are searching for me. Within seconds the law arrives and I get a big bounty and don't have time to rob the actual train.

• Is this fun? No, a fun train robbery turns lame.
  • Is this realistic? No, I'm in the middle of nowhere there shouldn't be lawman.
  • Does it feel satisying? No, I leave, escaping the law, without my loot, while I was such a stealthy boy.

It just makes me want to throw the game out of the window sometimes.

Kidfried

kyleforrester87

@Kidfried yeah I'm the same way. I held up a shop and the door was closed and somehow people outside were witnessing it. Like I guess they might have seen if they had noses pressed up against the glass but they were walking past 100 feet away.

It was the same in GTA5 though. You'd be at the top of the mountain and shoot someone in the head with a sniper rifle. 30 seconds later a convoy of police cars would be driving up 80 degree rock face to arrest your butt.

Edited on by Tasuki

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

kyleforrester87

@Kidfried No actually, I just barged in with a shotgun during that mission and slaughtered everyone really quickly.

But yeah, it's almost like they want you to know your bad actions will have consequences but it just comes across as being not a lot of fun.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Th3solution

@Kidfried @kyleforrester87 I’ve been trying to play the game as law-abiding as possible to build my honor (haven’t held up any store owners), so I don’t run into it as often, but I’ve been frustrated also by how quickly the law jumps on me when I’m naughty. I guess in Rockstar’s alternate world they have cellphones and 911 in 1899.
I found it strange how when I was robbing the train during a story mission and beating the snot out of people that my honor didn’t budge but when I pressed the button for “rob” and they handed me the measly 52 cents from their pocket that it made my honor drop. Not sure what the game is trying to teach me, but whatever.

On a separate note, @Kidfried how’s your numb hand doing? I might have missed your update on it.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Tasuki

@Kidfried @kyleforrester87 I wouldn't be the least surprised if they program it that way to please people and rating boards who feel that those actions would corrupt kids. Basic let's make it a joke if you try to be bad and make it so you don't want to play those games that way.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Kidfried

@Th3solution So sweet to think of me. I'm a bit better now, but Thursday I have a doctor's appointment to see if he can help.

@Tasuki @Th3solution It feels a bit like the game forces you to play the game in a certain way. In most games I don't have trouble with that at all, but with a sandbox/open world game like this, that shouldn't happen.

Whatever the reason for this is, I don't know. I do know that while playing I often long to just boot up Ni No Kuni 2 instead.

Kidfried

mookysam

@Kidfried Glad your hand is a little better. Good luck at the doctors!

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Jaz007

@Kidfried @Tasuki I don’t think it’s the rating boards, because the robberies and general crimes you can commit in the game don’t really have anything to do with the M rating. Plenty of T rated games let you murder and rob.

Jaz007

Tasuki

Anyone know of a deal on PS+ in North America? I know there was just one for Black Friday but I had to get other things and don't get paid untill this weekend. Also didn't realize my + ran out today I though I still had one more month on it. I tried googling it but all I find is where to buy it but that's at normal prices currently.

My Backlog

Th3solution

@Kidfried Yeah, we can’t have your hand disabled for long because someone has to squash all the little bugs around here 😄
So here’s hoping for a quick and easy recovery and some good news on Thursday!

@Tasuki Ah man! You just missed it. I re-upped my plus for 12 more months for $40 through the PS Store over last week’s sales. I’m probably good through to PS5 now! Amazon usually offers discount PS Plus codes every few months, but it will probably be a while now. But who knows, maybe another discount closer to Christmas will pop up.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Tasuki

@Th3solution Yeah, as I said I used my money for other gifts for others thinking I could wait till next month but nope I was wrong it expired today. I have been looking for a sale today but apparently it's back up to full price now and I really don't want to spend the $60 for something that was just on sale a few days ago.

My Backlog

Th3solution

@Tasuki Sorry, man. But good on ya for thinking of others first. 👍🏼 It is the season of giving, after all. If it’s any consolation, its been several years since Sony gave away anything worthwhile for December’s free games. We should know tomorrow, I guess. But I know you like your online multiplayer, so not having that is gonna sting.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic