Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 1,501 to 1,520 of 10,111

Octane

@FullbringIchigo Definitely, it's still a pretty game. And the widescreen is a welcome addition too!

Octane

Rudy_Manchego

@Octane In my mind, RE4 on GC is superior to the PS2 version. The Remake is also great but to be honest, I played RE4 first and going back is really hard to the original. I did have RE Zero, 2, 3 and 4 on GC but sold them all. I was such a fool.

The Wii version of RE4 is good but with the motion controls, far easier.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Octane

@Rudy_Manchego I didn't even know all of them were on the Cube! I've only heard of 1 and 4; I don't think they're expensive, so you can always buy a second hand copy. I'm kinda glad I never sold any of my games, and I'm also glad I already own the expensive ones; when they're €50 and up for a second copy, it definitely makes you think twice.

Octane

Rudy_Manchego

@Octane I think Zero was a GC launch exclusive? Could be wrong. Yeah 2 and 3 were, to be honest, almost straight ports from the PS1 era. I only really got them as collectors things at the time. I am not sure I ever even played them

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Octane

@andreoni79 That's a pretty good price! They're usually around €40-50.

Octane

FullbringIchigo

@Rudy_Manchego Yeah Zero was a GC launch exclusive, it was then ported to other systems as a HD remaster

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

andreoni79

@Rudy_Manchego At that price is a good investment. Not only you can play two great games paying £ 13 each, but once you have finished them you can put the case under vacuum and gain more £ in few years...

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

andreoni79

@Octane I made some good money selling my GBA games, basically I bought my PS4 and the first 3/4 games with the money I did selling a dozen of old games. Even now I'm selling PS1 games for € 15/20. Maybe I could ask for more, but why should I be one of the many trying to sell Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver for months asking € 30 when I can immediately sell it for € 20? Maybe that guy is following the same logic.

DerMeister

Man, I miss playing Gamecube games. I never personally owned one, but I borrowed one from a friend years ago. Mostly played Wind Waker, Smash Melee and Animal Crossing. I've thought about buying one (especially since my Wii can't read discs), since I'm a sucker for playing on the original system whenever possible.

I also always liked the Gamecube's design. Yeah, it looks toyish next to the PS2 and Xbox, but I thought that made it stand out too.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

KALofKRYPTON

@DerMeister Best thing Nintendo ever made!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Octane

@Rudy_Manchego @andreoni79 I hate both of you. I just bought the Wind Waker limited edition for a little over €30...

@andreoni79 I don't think I could ever sell my games. Maybe if it's absolutely awful, but I don't think it would fetch a lot of money anyway. Definitely not worth the effort in that case.

@DerMeister The black edition doesn't look that bad. It's the purple one that kinda looks like a lunchbox.

Octane

Kidfried

@FullbringIchigo I loved the Triforce part in the original better. Actually loved visiting all these islands for some weird fetch quest. I don't even know if I would have liked the game better if they had replaced that section with dungeon(s) like they planned too. (Great one for the unpopular opinion topic!)

@KALofKRYPTON Second best thing Nintendo ever made, after the SNES.

Kidfried

andreoni79

@Octane I'm getting old, I had to change 3 houses in the last 15 years and my +600 books collection is suffocating me... Honestly, most of the games I sold were collecting dust in boxes and I have no chance to play them again. I also began to feel as Seymour in Ghost World, if you know what I mean... (fyk, Ghost World is a great graphic novel by Daniel Clowes and a great movie with a great Steve Buscemi playing Seymour).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cE_2Xy8aXUM

Edited on by andreoni79

Octane

@andreoni79 Fair points. I don't own too many games per system. Somewhere between 30 and 50 per console, so everything fits in a single cupboard with ease. However, the book collection is steadily growing, and the wish list exponentially!

Octane

WanderingBullet

@Th3solution Cool. I'm a casual (fighting games) player myself and like you I'm really interested in the create your own character aspect. I like games that have a lot of cosmetic customisable options for your character(s). Anyways, I've decided to get Deluxe edition but it won't be day one. Gonna wait it drops to around $80 or so on Amazon. Hopefully it won't run out of stock before it goes on discount.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

FullbringIchigo

@Kidfried yeah it was better than doing dungeons

also Wii U is an underrated console that had a load of great games

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD i like to think that the Wii U was the Nintendo Wii version of the PS4 Pro and XBOX ONE X, not the true next gen system but an updated system with more power and new features

plus the fact it played all Wii games and used Wii accessories was handy as it meant not having to have both systems connected at once

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD agreed

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic